Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement Shoot on Sunday... Nervous!

To all of you newly engaged Knotties, what techniques did you use to take the edge off your engagement shoot?  This will be our first time meeting our photographer in person (we have talked on the phone, texted, and emailed several times) and we are both a bit nervous.  FI is an affectionate person, he's just not all about PDA, and can get shy when it comes to that kind of stuff, and I don't want him to feel that way during the shoot.  I'm fairly comfortable in front of a camera and having my pictures taken but I'm slightly stressing because I don't want FI to feel uncomfortable.  I expressed my thoughts to our photographer (she has been awesome so far!) and she suggested to make sure we really relax the day of, and to have a bottle of wine or champagne or something prior to or during the shoot to just kind of loosen things up.  She said that many couples go thru this, and that in her experience after the first few pictures, the bride and groom get more and more comfortable as the shoot progresses.  Just curious if anyone else went thru this, and what tips you may have for me!  Thanks!

Re: Engagement Shoot on Sunday... Nervous!

• Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2014
    There is never a bad time for a champagne toast. . . . who knows, the photographer may get some great shots from that. eta: not sure where the last half of my post went!
  • Options
    My fiance and I just had our engagement session earlier this week and we were both crazy nervous because we both hate having our pictures taken.  Our photographer is amazing though.  We met him a few weeks beforehand for drinks and just to get to know each other and told him we were feeling anxious about it.  First, he told us that yes, it can feel weird at first, but as you go you get more and more comfortable and relaxed.  He also said just to talk to each other through the whole thing.  If it feels weird and uncomfortable, talk about how it feels weird and uncomfortable.  Chances are you'll laugh about it and end up getting a really good shot out of it.  Talk about your day, talk about things that make you smile.  He said he's gotten some of his best pictures that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards