Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

To-Do's

The knot check list says other than getting married, all I have left to do is prepare our rehearsal dinner and reception toasts! This can't be right.... I feel like my head is floating above my body!

Venues are picked, everything is paid for, we have all our clothing, rings, gifts ready to go...

Is anyone else feeling this way?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: To-Do's

• Options
    That's so exciting!! Enjoy these final days of glorious anticipation. :)
  • Options
    I would make a list for packing.  You don't want to get there and realize you forgot something.  I'm OCD about packing and forgetting things.  I've actually even had a few nightmares of going on a trip and forgetting to pack my suitcase until an hour before my flight.  

If you are writing your own vows, make sure you have those.  Check in with any vendors that you need to.  We are making a list of all the vendors we think we need to tip, and plan to have all the tips in separate envelopes to just hand to them.  Figure out transportation to go get your marriage license.  Make reservations for any other meals you need to.  
  • Options

Funny thing, writing your own vows: I put a post somewhere on theknot.com regarding doing just that, and everyone was dumb founded?? They obviously never heard of that before, they bombarded me with rude answers... I don't get it.

Yes! Time to really sit down and write up a list! :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    WTF?  Where do you live that you've never heard of writing vows to one another as an option? 

And now you've got me curious?  What kind of rude comments were made?  We're writing our own vow and not that I would care in the least what someone else though of that decision -- because it's OUR decision -- but I can't imagine what there would be to bitch about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

If you go to the etiquette board, you can find rude comments on just about anything.

• Options
    Oh it was all over the board, trust me. Made me feel "stupid" for even thinking of not letting the preacher say the vows for us. That I should save such vows and say them privately... So needless to say, I haven't even wrote anything down yet, that I might want to say to him during the service.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

im the same as you... ive spent so long nutting out every last detail... now that its all sorted... I feel a little lost...and wondering if ive forgotten anything!!!

Im starting on the packing lists too... travelling with a toddler... urgh!

• Options
    LMAO @ aggiespartan!  I was going to ask, "Was this on the etiquette board?"

*Cue new thread over there where they complain about us complaining about them*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    With just over 3 weeks to go, I still feel like every time I cross something off the list, I remember two other things still left to do.  And don't even get me started on the list of things I have to do once we actually get to Vegas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @khristiana, don't you dare let a few know-it-all snarky bitches stop you from doing what you want to do or say to the man you're marrying.  Yes, there are some people that are able to give good advice on the etiquette board but I will stand up all day to anyone who makes a bride feel "stupid" for wanting to personalize her ceremony.  It's certainly a very traditional thing to do to just repeat whatever vows the preacher asks you to say and that's totally acceptable for anyone wanting to do that.  My FI and I, on the other hand, went out of our way to go completely opposite of that.  We've been together almost 10 years and we are doing this because we want to and because we want to make these vows to one another in front of our friends and family.  We've made plenty of promises to one another privately.  The entire purpose of this wedding, for us, is to do it publicly.  And that also means that we don't want to just "repeat after him."  We are making personal vows that are specific to us.  Sorry if anyone has a problem with any part of that because I really wouldn't give two shits. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LMAO @ aggiespartan!  I was going to ask, "Was this on the etiquette board?"

*Cue new thread over there where they complain about us complaining about them*
    Actually, this violates the TOS, so it's not going to happen. We have more class than that. ;)
  • Options
    I am so excited to write my own vows..of course I haven't started them yet and may not like it when I actually have to do it. I am not very good with words lol. I think my fiancé is not a fan of the idea (he is the quiet type) so writing and saying them may make him anxious but I think it will be sweet :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're writing our own vows.  Yikes, I better get started!!  lol
  • Options
    I've decided not to write our own vows for the ceremony and just have something very special to say at the reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited September 2014

We are writing our own vows in addition to the vows included in our vow renewal ceremony. I wrote vows for our wedding only to get to the resort and realize that they didn't allow us to use them. :(  I am excited to add my own personal words this time, almost moreso now than before. I have a draft done. It's short and sweet but I cried all the way through. :)

• Options
    Yes make a packing list!!

I am a terrible packer, I forget stuff every time we go somewhere.  When we got married, we were gone for 8 days.  I packed 3, yes 3 pair of panties....  Thank god for Target!
  • Options

I'm packing the weekend before we leave, I just do NOT want to forget anything last minute.

12 days to go, 11 days until we're in Vegas, and 6 days til my family is here!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I am a seriously early packer too.  We aren't getting married until December but I already have a wedding bag of "not to forget" things started.  
  • Options
    Thank god I'm not the only one who wants to pack early!!! LOL!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG...I would drive you guys crazy.  lol.  It's not planned but it always works out that I'm packing around midnight the night before we leave and I have to pack for myself and 2 kids under the age of 4.

I'm sure this trip will be no different.  We went to New Orleans in May and I was literally packing  at 2 am for a flight that left at 8 am.
  • Options
    Hey, just as long as it gets done, right?! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm getting our macarons ordered from Bouchon today!  
  • Options
    Looking at some limited decor right now.  Did anyone else do anything for your in-suite reception?  I'm thinking about a couple of sequin runners and a love sign.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    @ndelible - ive been working on some easy to transport decor items that i can use in the room to give it more of the "wedding" feel. i made a few tissue paper garlands, signage, and i think i'm going to try and do some tablecloths.
  • Options
    @Ndelible I made a few decorations as well, my own card holder, and also flower balls that I'll put over a vase with an led candle inside... That and my own DIY photography backdrop.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @j3nnmack3y I don't care how trendy the tissue pom poms and fans are - they are so lovely, but I just can't see where I'd put them in the suite.  I've got to get creative like you!

@khristiana  I love flower balls too.  I was hoping I could find a couple that could go on the tables or as topiaries maybe?

I also love the garlands, but then I think I start to venture into wedding decoration hell....
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    I'm tying them to tables. I figured it would help tie the room together with my colors popping up in places
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards