Not Engaged Yet
Options

NWR: PTO Policies at your job

2»

Re: NWR: PTO Policies at your job

• Options
    Oh wow, I am definitely jealous of how much PTO everyone gets! I work for a relatively new small business though, so I think the lack of time off is understandable to a certain extent.

1) How much vacation time is given to a new employee at entry-level?
    They get 6 days of PTO for the year. Our PTO has the option to roll over to next year.

2) How do you earn more vacation time? (i.e. level - 10 vacation days for managers, 15 for directors, etc.; seniority - 10 days after you've been there for 1 year, 12 after 3 years, etc.; or something else)
    It's done by how long you've been at the company. I think after 3 years it goes up from 6 days to 10 days and after 7 years it goes up to 14.

3) Are you given paid personal time? How does that work?
    Our PTO is for personal time as well.

4) Do you have a set number of paid sick days (if so, how many?), or a different policy? 
    Our PTO includes this too.

5) Approximately how many holidays are you given off? Aside from these, is your company closed any other parts of the year, resulting in more paid time off?
    We're closed July 4th, Thanksgiving, and the week of Christmas. We also get paid to take our birthdays off if we're scheduled to work that day.

6) Are you allowed to take unpaid time off? If so, how does that work?
    We can take as much unpaid time as we want as long as we can find someone to cover our shifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards