Chit Chat
Options

Cheap/Easy Halloween Costume that is work appropriate?

I don't usually dress up for Halloween, it just isn't my thing...

Work is having a Halloween Costume Contest and carry in/potluck lunch and I need ideas for costumes.  It needs to be work appropriate (so no "sexy cop" type stuff) and something I can wear while sitting at my desk (so nothing too bulky).

The only thing that I found that struck my interest is to be a Minion...  I don't have anything yellow (I don't wear that color well) but shouldn't be too expensive to pick up yellow tights, shirt and ski hat...

Any other ideas?
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Cheap/Easy Halloween Costume that is work appropriate?

• Options
    Rosie the Riveter is pretty darn easy to throw together last minute. 
  • Options
    I can easily put together a hippie outfit!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    ElcaB said:
    Rosie the Riveter is pretty darn easy to throw together last minute. 
    Someone did that last year...  Good idea though!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    When I was working in a preschool and had to dress up, I went to walmart and got leopard print onesie/footie pajamas.  Then, I went to the halloween section and found some "cat" accessories (ears, a little choker necklace with a bell, and gloves).  I used eyeliner to do a little black nose and whiskers.  It was the most comfortable costume ever!  And your hands are still free. 

I think something generic like "50's girl" or a zombie version of anything is pretty easy too.

• Options
    How about an 80's costume? I went to an 80's party once and it was pretty easy. I bought wore black tights, bought leg warmers, a workout tank, and a white oversized sweater, and I wore my hair curly and big with a head band. I was going for the Flashdance look, but the outfit I wore was work appropriate.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Devilled Egg:  Devil horns and a white tshirt with a yellow circle of construction paper taped to it.

Gum under your shoe:  Pink sweatshirt and a flip flop strapped to your head

Cloudy with a chance of rain:  Light blue outfit with cotton "clouds" taped to it and a squirt gun (someone won our work costume contest with that one)

Crayon:  All one color outfit with a cone construction paper hat in the same color

CSI/FBI Agent:  All black outfit, handcuffs, dark sunglasses, fake badge
  • Options
    Where's Waldo is fairly easy and cute!
  • Options
    Mary Poppins
    Jelly Beans
    Cowgirl
    Wednesday Addams
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Minnie Mouse? (But without the whiskers; I know real mice have whiskers but Minnie doesn't)

• Options
    Daria or Jane

Lady versions of the modern Doctors

Anniversary
  • Options
    Linda Belcher from Bob's Burgers. Floof your hair, wear mom jeans, a pink shirt, and an apron. Get a nametag that says Linda and say "ALRIIIIIGHT" a lot. Done.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I'm going as Piper Chapman. Orange scrubs, prison inmate badge, hiking boots. Done.
  • Options
    Wear your wedding dress and go as a bride :)

• Options
    I once wore Pajamas, slippers, and bug antenna and went to work as a bed bug (I was going for an excuse to wear comfy/cozy pjs at work)
  • Options
    You could wear a white shirt with black dots down the front + white jeans and be Olaf (and paint your nose orange).
  • Options
    I once wore Pajamas, slippers, and bug antenna and went to work as a bed bug (I was going for an excuse to wear comfy/cozy pjs at work)
    I fully support anything that means you are comfy at work!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    When I was working in a preschool and had to dress up, I went to walmart and got leopard print onesie/footie pajamas.  Then, I went to the halloween section and found some "cat" accessories (ears, a little choker necklace with a bell, and gloves).  I used eyeliner to do a little black nose and whiskers.  It was the most comfortable costume ever!  And your hands are still free. 

I think something generic like "50's girl" or a zombie version of anything is pretty easy too.
    I have Eeyore footie pajamas!
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm probably going to be a witch. Or a purple crazy minion. Or a cat. 

Witch: brown eyeliner makes a mole, get a hat, blow-dry my hair upside down and don't brush it. Black tights, sister's Doc Martens, fringey skirt, and a long-sleeved black shirt. Have to buy a hat and tights. Tights can be reused, hat... not so much.

Purple crazy minion: Goggles (paper towel roll cut up and painted silver), overalls, purple shirt, sister's Docs, blow-dry hair upside down, don't brush it, make it purple, get purple skin paint. Will possibly reuse purple shirt but not likely. Highest cost, lowest reuse.

Cat: Cat's tail, ears, ribbon collar, same outfit from witch except instead of Docs I wear my nice black booties, eyeliner nose and whiskers. This is the only option that doesn't involve hours of correcting the hair after I get home, since I can actually keep it sleek and not have to look like I stuck a fork in a socket. Cat's tail and ears won't get reused. Ribbon would be tricky.

All of mine will be work appropriate. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I went as a Publishers Clearing House winner one year.  Bathrobe (PJ's would work here too), slippers, giant PCH check hanging from my neck with a handful of balloons.  The commercials that used to be on TV all the time always showed the winners being surprised in the middle of their morning get ready for work routine.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Devil in a blue dress
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Inkdancer said:
    Linda Belcher from Bob's Burgers. Floof your hair, wear mom jeans, a pink shirt, and an apron. Get a nametag that says Linda and say "ALRIIIIIGHT" a lot. Done.
    THE BEST IDEA.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    house coat, frazzled hair, jammies, slippers...shove a few kitchen utensils in your pocket and tape some socks/bounce sheets to yourself and you're a 'Domestic Goddess'

or cover yourself in sponges and go as self absorbed :)
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    OOO I'll follow this for my own work. I work in a nursing home/hospice so I need something old people can recognize and enjoy. I like the rosie the riveter idea!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Doctor- scrubs aren't too expensive and pretty comfy.
  • Options
    I need ideas too this is helpful
  • Options
    I went as an auburn shaker one year (wegl wegl). White shirt, white skinny jeans, white heels. Then I bought one of those "politician" hats (styrofoam from the Halloween store) and a bunch of orange and blue crepe paper which I stapled to the hat. It worked out super well and managed to be cute and sexy without being SEXY.
    I also love the color idea. I went by party city the other day and they had tons of accessories in every color. I feel like you could buy all the purple stuff and just be PURPLE. Or whatever.
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Some more ideas below:
    Alice in Wonderland
    Princess Kate (and baby George)
    _kate-middleton.jpeg
    Pinterest
    Suzy from Moonrise Kingdom
    Mime
    Audrey Hepburn
  • Options
    What about Amelia Earhart or Teddy Roosevelt?
  • Options
    I'm going to be "superman" as Clark Kent LOL.  All I need to buy is a superman t-shirt and fake glasses.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards