Chit Chat
Options

What weird sound, smell, feeling do you hate??

Nails on chalkboard & wet socks are a given! What else irks you? 

Feeling- Every time DH uses the olive oil or vegetable oil he manages to get it all over the lid. When I go to use it, it drives me NUTS getting oil on my hands! Hate that feeling. I also can't stand citrus juice on my hands... if I eat an orange or slice a lemon I can't just wipe my hands with a paper towel- I need soap! 

Sound- I hate the sound of my cat cleaning herself, like go suck on your butt elsewhere! 

Smell- I can't stand cigarette smell, or dogs/ houses with dogs that don't clean up well (not all owners but some you walk in and take a breath and it's nasty) 

Re: What weird sound, smell, feeling do you hate??

• Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    the smell of raw turkey burger is the worsttttt and the sound of people chewing with their mouth open is like the one thing that makes me lose my appetite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Feeling - my dry, chapped fingertips on microfiber towels. I fucking HATE microfiber towels. No matter how moisturized I think my hands are, it always snags on my fingertips and fills me with rage. 

Smell - I call it "booger smell." For whatever reason, sometimes the inside of my nose just smells awful. It's kinda like that smell when you take off a band-aid after a while. For a long time I thought it was from an old septum piercing I had maybe not healing correctly. FI says he gets it too, but he doesn't think his is a gross smell. 

Sound - Chewing. OH MY GOD CHEWING. It doesn't matter if your mouth is closed or not, I can hear you chewing and it's fucking repulsive to me. Crunchy food doesn't bother me as much as "squishy" food. FI and my grandma bother me more than anyone else, but it happens with lots and lots of people. Sometimes I want to take my dinner to another room and not come out until FI is done eating.
  • Options
    If people chew in a way I can hear, I lose my shit. It is fucking disgusting.

Certain perfumes or colognes will absolutely set me off. I'm hypersensitive to musk, vanilla, and patchouli. I am mildly allergic to cigarette smoke (actually most sorts of smoke) and also it's just gross.

If I catch my fingernails in a certain way on a wall or chalkboard, it sends shivers up my spine. Also, nobody is allowed to touch my hair unless cutting, dyeing, or styling it. A light stroke on my hair makes me go absolutely crazy. Same with rubbing my fingers if you're holding my hand. Just... no.

I think most of the reason I'm an introvert isn't that I don't like being around people, but because I have so many sensational triggers!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:
    If people chew in a way I can hear, I lose my shit. It is fucking disgusting.

This! So much this. I've left rooms because of other people's chewing. I just can't stand it.

• Options
    The smell of Bleach makes me physically gag. I love cleaning with it, but it will make me gag. At this point I think it's become a psycho somatic thing.

The smell of semen reminds me of chlorine.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    The smell of ground beef cooking.
    And original Lysol. I had menengitis when I was 13, and the smell brings it all back.
  • Options
    esstee33 said:

Feeling - my dry, chapped fingertips on microfiber towels. I fucking HATE microfiber towels. No matter how moisturized I think my hands are, it always snags on my fingertips and fills me with rage. 

Smell - I call it "booger smell." For whatever reason, sometimes the inside of my nose just smells awful. It's kinda like that smell when you take off a band-aid after a while. For a long time I thought it was from an old septum piercing I had maybe not healing correctly. FI says he gets it too, but he doesn't think his is a gross smell. 

Sound - Chewing. OH MY GOD CHEWING. It doesn't matter if your mouth is closed or not, I can hear you chewing and it's fucking repulsive to me. Crunchy food doesn't bother me as much as "squishy" food. FI and my grandma bother me more than anyone else, but it happens with lots and lots of people. Sometimes I want to take my dinner to another room and not come out until FI is done eating.
    YES. I insist on always having background noise when Fi and I eat a meal together. It's the worst when he eats cereal.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Chewing. Omg the chewing. I'm so happy I'm not the only one. I used to leave the room in college because my roommate's chewing was terrible. H is bad too. He bites down really hard when he chews so I just hear this teeth gnashing against each other. He does the same when he yawns. So help God if he eats chicken wings. FIL is even worse about it. And - they have no idea they do it.
  • Options
    Crap, you guys would hate me. I'm a disgusting chewer. I can't help it, I'm a frigen mouth breather and I can't breathe through my nose. I even brush my teeth with my mouth open and get toothpaste everywhere :( 
    I do try hard to eat better when I'm out with friends, but at my house I do not even try. 

• Options
    Smell- Some fabric softeners and detergents smell like pee to me. I don't like most artificial scents though. Like most air fresheners and candles. They just remind of the smell of poop. I know what you are trying to cover up here. 

Sound- I am bothered by a lot of sounds. Number one being the dog cleaning herself. I hate the licking noise. SO MUCH. The sound of someone trimming their toenails. The sound of someone gritting their teeth. Or clearing their throat. There are more... 
    Anniversary

• Options
    esstee33 said:

Old apple juice smell. Smells like sneeze. 

The high-pitched frequency emitted by a muted tv. Basically just the sound of the screen running. Computer monitors do it too.

Cats crinkling things when I'm trying to sleep. Especially in the closet.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    The electronic buzz of fluorescent lights.   That will make me crazy.

Ditto @sophhabobopha original lysol is soooo disgusting!

As a general rule I just don't enjoy being touched.  I impulsively cringe if a stranger brushes against me (I even just cringed when I wrote that because I thought about being touched).  My mom says even as a child I wasn't interested in hugs or cuddles....maybe explains a few things about me....

• Options
    I hate the smell of canned tuna fish, cooking fish, and cooking brussel sprouts. BLECH

• Options
    I hate the smell of canned tuna fish, cooking fish, and cooking brussel sprouts. BLECH
    OMG, I hate the smell of fish unless it's literally just caught...even then it's iffy.  I hold my breath and gag when I walk by the seafood at the grocery store.

• Options
    OMG, I hate the smell of fish unless it's literally just caught...even then it's iffy.  I hold my breath and gag when I walk by the seafood at the grocery store.
    I'm a freak. I love it. Last night at dinner I got raw oysters and my friend across the table was gagging. 

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I'm a freak. I love it. Last night at dinner I got raw oysters and my friend across the table was gagging. 
    My FI hates it so much that if anyone at the table orders it, it pretty much ruins his meal.  Interestingly, he'll eat a little shrimp/crab legs/lobster, but no fish at all, whereas I'll eat certain fresh fish (but never tilapia, they are shit eaters) but I loathe shelled creatures.  Disgusting little sea cockroaches and scorpions. 

• Options
    @lurkergirl‌ I generally don't like touching as well, unless it's on my terms. My mom tries to hug me all the time and most of the time, I end up cringing. Concerts with general admission or crowded bars are the worst for me.
  • Options
    @lurkergirl‌ I generally don't like touching as well, unless it's on my terms. My mom tries to hug me all the time and most of the time, I end up cringing. Concerts with general admission or crowded bars are the worst for me.
    Yes!  Glad I'm not the only one :)  My family is cool and non-huggers, but FI's family are huggers AND cheek-kissers.  Our greetings and goodbyes are extremely cringe-worthy!

• Options
    The fizzly sound of the suds bubbles popping. Ever. So. Slowly. In the drain after I wash my hands. STOP POPPING, BUBBLES! I always have to run more water til it stops.

I hate the smell of mouthwash and anything menthol.

• Options
    I can only think of a smell right now. I hate, hate, hate the smell of freshly peeled oranges! Orange scented things are fine, but pure orange I just can't.

Whenever BF eats them I make him sit far away from me for like an hour after, haha.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I hate the sound of,people chewing or when people speak with their mouths full. I also hate the smell of those lavender gum things. The smell actually makes me feel physically sick, ugh!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Oatmeal! I cannot fucking stand the smell of oatmeal. Makes me nauseous. I once gave a friend of mine in college $5 to not eat her oatmeal in my dorm room while everyone was over to watch a movie. It is the worst.
  • Options
    The smell of French Vanilla. Real vanilla is nice, vanilla scented/flavored products make me want to vomit. French vanilla creamer is the worst.

The feel of dried lube is awful too. No explanation needed, I believe.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Sound: Silver scraping on dishware.  It is the WORST and I can't stand it when someone scrapes their fork or knife while eating.  I literally get shivers.
  • Options
    Sound: ice hitting the sides of a glass. Ugh it's the worst. Also people typing on loud keyboards, not the quiet ones on laptops.
  • Options
    Sound: Wet hands/vegetables on a plastic bag in the grocery store and hands on a balloon.  I literally had to get up and walk around while typing that because the mere concept of that gives me goosebumps all over.

Smell:  Strong cologne or perfume, but I'm pretty sure that is bad for everyone.  Also, I remember in college I had a roommate who made Hamburger Helper and that smelled like the inner contents of a demon's sphincter.  

Feeling:  I also reeeallllyyy don't like being touched by strangers.  I do that awkward overcorrect thing if someone knocks into me.  Also, I have a thing with some food textures - fatty areas of bacon, for example.  I just... ugh.  I can't even with pork belly.  I gag.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Feeling-  When you are chewing something and your front teeth collide together instead of going like normal.
    Sound-  When the toothbrush goes the "wrong" way it makes this horrible sound.  I just hate it.
    Smell-  It sounds bad, but a lot of old ladies seem to douse themselves in this disgusting perfume and I can't handle being around it.
  • Options
    Ew feeling: crunching into something crunchy when you're expecting something soft, I'M LOOKING AT YOU, celery in chicken salad, water chestnuts that look like potatoes, and undercooked onions at any time! Hork. Reminds me of getting an eggshell in an omelette.

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Sound - a musical instrument that is out of tune.  Perfect pitch is a curse.
    Smell - mildew
    Feeling - dried perspiration.  I can't wait to shower!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards