Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Flowers for Moms and Grandparents

I was just wondering if I am supposed to get a corsage or something for our moms and grandparents or what people typically do? His dad is the best man and my dad is walking me down the aisle so they both will have boutonnieres, but I feel I should also do something for the grandpas, grandmothers and moms. Any ideas would be great!

Re: Flowers for Moms and Grandparents

• Options
    I was just wondering if I am supposed to get a corsage or something for our moms and grandparents or what people typically do? His dad is the best man and my dad is walking me down the aisle so they both will have boutonnieres, but I feel I should also do something for the grandpas, grandmothers and moms. Any ideas would be great!
    We got corsages/bouts for all parents and grandparents. Not very expensive and a nice gesture.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Typically the Mothers and Grandparents are given flowers.  Of course it is not required but it is a very nice gesture.

For my Mom and MIL I gave them a small nosegay.  For the Grandmothers I gave them a single rose and for the Grandfathers they got a bout.

I would ask the women what they prefer because some don't like wearing flowers at all and may prefer a flower to pin to their clutch.  Some prefer wrist corsages, others prefer pin-on corsages and others prefer to just carry some flowers.

• Options
    We got corsages/bouts for all parents and grandparents.  The moms got a wrist corsage (their choice), and the rest were lapel ones.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    I'm not a flower person, we were an older couple so no living grandparents, both of his parents had unfortunately passed away as well. So no flowers beyond my bouquet. The only person it upset didn't bother either of us. Talk to your VIP's, see what they may like to have/wear and go from there. It doesn't need to be very expensive. 
  • Options
    I am not a flower person, and neither is my mom or FI's Mom. Or FI for that matter, he does not even want to wear a boutonniere. It is a nice gesture, but if you know that they won't want any sort of flowers, no need to stress it.  I know that FMIL would actually hate wearing a corsage.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I would ask them. We didn't do them at all, and no one complained. I asked my mom if she wanted a corsage, and she laughed and said no.
  • Options
    We gave our parents a corsage and boutonniere (and DH's sister a corsage), but didn't give to the grandparents (I don't entirely remember why we decided that, or maybe we just didn't think of it...). 

I would ask though, if they would like a wrist or pin on corsage and what size they were thinking. My mom wanted a pin on corsage, but something small. 
  • Options
    I agree that you should ask that what they would like, if anything in terms of flowers. For us, the fathers wanted bouts and the mothers decided on nosegays (both our moms) and a single long-stemmed rose (DH's stepmom). Whatever made them comfortable was fine with us.
  • Options
    Just a tip:  Instead of a traditional pin for bouts and corsages, ask your florist if they can instead affix a heavy duty magnet.  
  • Options
    als1982 said:
    Just a tip:  Instead of a traditional pin for bouts and corsages, ask your florist if they can instead affix a heavy duty magnet.  
    But not if the wearer has a pacemaker or other medical device.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards