Chit Chat
Options

This hour is going to kill me. Update in comments.

2»

Re: This hour is going to kill me. Update in comments.

• Options
    Ugh. I've been through that so many times, it's infuriating. And I'm sure it's about to happen again, because a number of us at my agency have gotten emails from our client recruiting us to their newly-created (my job function) department. Urgh. We've had feelings for a year that they were going to in-house but our bosses just keep telling us "no worries, we have a contract." Sure, like one of the biggest companies in the world couldn't get out of your tiny agency contract if they wanted to. Obviously it's better to be recruited away ahead of time... but I don't really want to work for them.

• Options
    Ugh. I've been through that so many times, it's infuriating. And I'm sure it's about to happen again, because a number of us at my agency have gotten emails from our client recruiting us to their newly-created (my job function) department. Urgh. We've had feelings for a year that they were going to in-house but our bosses just keep telling us "no worries, we have a contract." Sure, like one of the biggest companies in the world couldn't get out of your tiny agency contract if they wanted to. Obviously it's better to be recruited away ahead of time... but I don't really want to work for them.
    That would make me so mad. And it sucks when-- even if you get brought on-- you don't like the people you'd be working for. That's kind of where I'm at. Not that I wouldn't prefer to keep my job but the company who bought us has a terrible culture and is very well-known for treating their employees like crap. In fact, almost my entire group is comprised of people who left there to come work here and took a pay cut to do it, just because they're treated so much better here. 

It's like either way it kind of sucks, but at least if they keep me I can put off looking for a new job until the wedding is over and we have more money saved. Bleh. 
  • Options
    What a waste of your time and energy with that stress.  Can you tell your bosses to only schedule meetings like this if they have news??

• Options
    That's so horrible! And they still didn't give you a timeline for when a decision would be made? Blehhhh. TGIF. 

Fingers crossed that everything works out for you! 

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options
    Wow, how frustrating! I hate meetings like that, such as waste of time. Definitely have a drink or 5 when you get home!

Formerly martha1818

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards