13»

Re: Shingles.. FML

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    My dad sent me to daycare with band-aids covering the chicken pox, thinking they were mosquito bites. Oops.

(eta: ...though we still don't know why he felt the need to band-aid mosquito bites, either. He was a confused dad)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My dad sent me to daycare with band-aids covering the chicken pox, thinking they were mosquito bites. Oops.

(eta: ...though we still don't know why he felt the need to band-aid mosquito bites, either. He was a confused dad)
    Haha! I used to band-aid them to try and keep me from scratching them. Aaaaand because we had Barbie band-aids.

• Options
    Just a follow up to the "it's contagious" comments.. this is straight off the CDC website:

'Shingles cannot be passed from one person to another. However, the virus that causes shingles, the varicella zoster virus, can be spread from a person with active shingles to another person who has never had chickenpox. In such cases, the person exposed to the virus might develop chickenpox, but they would not develop shingles.

Shingles is less contagious than chickenpox and the risk of a person with shingles spreading the virus is low if the rash is covered.'

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Just a follow up to the "it's contagious" comments.. this is straight off the CDC website:

'Shingles cannot be passed from one person to another. However, the virus that causes shingles, the varicella zoster virus, can be spread from a person with active shingles to another person who has never had chickenpox. In such cases, the person exposed to the virus might develop chickenpox, but they would not develop shingles.

Shingles is less contagious than chickenpox and the risk of a person with shingles spreading the virus is low if the rash is covered.'
    Yes. Mine came straight from the NIH (National Institute of Health) website...
  • Options
    I had chicken pox over my 4th birthday.  No fun there.  And my brother and all the cousins got to come visit me too so they could get it young.  I don't remember feeling sick, just the spots.  I remember wondering why my parents said I was sick and couldn't go to day home when I didn't feel sick.  And being itchy, so itchy in baking soda baths.  

• Options
    levioosa said:

I got chicken pox at my own birthday party.  One of the moms knowingly brought her kid who had chicken pox to the party and then laughed when people were pissed (there were also pregnant women at the party).  Well, every single kid who hadn't already had it came down with it, and one of the dads there also got it.  It took him out.  He ended up in the hospital for two weeks and almost died.

--------------------------------------------------
    I think nowadays there would be grounds for an assault case against the mother who knowingly brought her child and didn't inform the others.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards