Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Videography?

I'm torn between whether or not to have my wedding videoed and photographed or just photographed. I would love to have a video of our wedding day but it is an extra that costs a significant amount of money. Thoughts?

Re: Videography?

• Options
    I had the same debate and at first I decided I didn't need video. Then I kept reading about how it was everyone's number one regret and I was a little annoyed and like I'm sure this isn't true. But I guess the more I thought about it I realized I did want it. What really sold it for me was these reasons:

1. You don't get to see anyone walk down the aisle because you are in the back waiting
    2. Pictures are nice for daily viewing but it would be great to be able to hear us say our vows, maybe after a big fight or on our anniversary
    3. My grandparents will be there and they are getting old so it would be really nice to see video of them in the future
    4. We are only doing this once and we are spending the money on a great venue, good food, great photographer, etc... why miss out on this one thing because we didn't want to spend the money

So I ended up talking to my fiance and he agreed that if it was important to me that we would add it to our budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank You! This made me feel better. I really would like to have it and I haven't even thought of a few points you brought up. I'll talk to my fiancé and get his input. 
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue.  We decided to set up a few gopro cameras to capture our big moments.  I'm even considering having one in my bouquet.  I thought this would cut down on pricing, and give an alternate view of the wedding.  My grandmother won't be able to make it to the wedding, so we want something to show her.  We plan on having the video edited with all the different angles after.
  • Options

We didn't even think about having a videographer, but FIL decided that this would be his 'project'.  He got one of J's cousins to film from the congregation, and he filmed stuff from getting ready, our first look, and the reception.  The church also filmed the ceremony and gave it to us.

I'm so glad he did.  I remember the basics of everything that happened, but it's so cool to be able to see the specifics of it.  It wasn't even on our radar of something that needed to happen, so I don't know if I would have regretted not having it, but having it is amazing.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    I wanted a videographer, but it just wasn't in the budget. In the end, a friend recorded the ceremony on my digital camera. I didn't get our first dance on video, which would have been nice, but the ceremony was the most important part for me. We watched it together 6 months after the wedding and will again on our first anniversary.
  • Options
    \It was very important to me to have a wedding video. I wanted to be able to watch the ceremony again, hear the vows, see the joy on our faces, be able to hear what the minister said and see our guests. So I would say go for it.

Having the toasts and reception stuff was a bonus. I don't think you'll regret the decision to hire a videog, if you get a reputable one. It's a personal choice. If it's not important to you, don't spend the money on it - bc it's not the cheapest thing :) GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards