April 2016 Weddings
Options

Hello Brides! Let's Talk WEATHER

Hello all, and CONGRATS on your engagement! I am having a huge dilemma that I don't want to bug my facebook friends with, but I'm sure yall engaged ladies won't mind helping with. I have chosen a venue what is covered, but no a/c. It does have doors that open and allow a breeze to flow through (if there is one) I am thinking of doing June 4, but I'm so afraid it's going to be too hot! What do yall think? Is June too late in the season in Charleston to have an a/c-free wedding with the dancing and outdoor ceremony? My fiance's father in particular gets hot VERY easily, and I don't want him to be uncomfortable. If we decide against June, April will be our second option My main reason for choosing June instead of April is that the venue is $650 less in June, and I am very limited on my budget. Let me hear your opinions!!
Thank yall.
Susan

Re: Hello Brides! Let's Talk WEATHER

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I guess it really depends on where you are and the weather. I went to a June wedding last year in a venue with no a/c in the Midwest, in a barn and it was brutal! I would not wish that on anyone, but ultimately its up to you. Just think about the comfort of your guests is all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It might depend on the time of the day. If you end up choosing June, I suggest you have an evening wedding so that it'll be a little bit cooler out. The comfort of your guests is really important. If you can, keep other months in mind that might be cheaper, like March and October. I'm really surprised that it's more money for April than June at your venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards