Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Five months til Wedding, in despair about my hair

Knotties,

I normally have longer (below the shoulders) hair, but last summer was hot and I was into changing things up at the time and chopped it all off to my ears. It was kind of a bob/pixy compromise. I loved it for six months, repeated the same style until Christmas, but now I'm so over it and want the hairstyle back that my fiance first saw me in. It won't be as long, which is ok because I don't want to go as long again, but that's fine, as long as it's reaching to just below my shoulders. It just feels more feminine to me, and while I was having FUN with the shorter hair, I started feeling like it was ageing me (in the way of looking "too elegant" and not youuthful/cute like long hair does) and not feminine enough. 

Thankfully my hair grows super fast, like almost an inch a month. It's doing well. I've recently had a trim that is heading in the direction of my old hairstyle, but it has so much growing out to do yet before it's back to a length that has the same longer, feminine feel. But it seems like no matter how fast it grows, there's a great divide between "above the shoulders" and "just below the shoulders". Suffice it to say I am never doing this again. But now.... I'm getting married like this, in August. 

Hair extensions are way outside of my budget. And I can't wear a hair piece because my close friend already said "Don't wear a lie". No wigs either, I hate them and my wedding day in this area will be HOT. And I'm wearing my hair down because I am definitely NOT an updo girl. So I'm looking for ideas to make the best of what I have, in case it doesn't reach my shoulders by August. I've had way too much anxiety about this and just need a strategy to work with what little I've got. Right now it is 3.5" below my earlobe, but not yet touching my shoulders (I guess I have a long neck). It's thick but on the straight side, slight bend. I don't like the thickness and will have it thinned next time, which I think will make it look longer. I don't like the angled bob look anymore or the pixy look, and both have been hell to grow out. 

Is that realistic, given the length it is now with hair that grows fast, with 5 months to go? 

I'm wearing a circlet. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas. xoxo  :)

Re: Five months til Wedding, in despair about my hair

• Options
    If it's going to be really hot the time of your wedding, don't you want your hair up so it's off your neck? Ugh, I'm sweating just thinking about it...

What about some loose waves? That's not really length specific. And would be easy to manage if your hair hates the humidity and heat like mine.

• Options

If it's going to be really hot the time of your wedding, don't you want your hair up so it's off your neck? Ugh, I'm sweating just thinking about it...

What about some loose waves? That's not really length specific. And would be easy to manage if your hair hates the humidity and heat like mine.
    Agree, my wedding is in august too and there is no way i am having any hair in my face or on my neck!

Also, I don't see a problem with a hairpiece? If you get a decent one they can look really good if the colour is matched right (I've seen some that look stunning), and there's not really a difference between a hair piece and extensions, they're both fake, your friend is weird.
  • Options
    Silverelf2015Silverelf2015 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2015
    LOL, yeah admittedly, my friend is a little extreme :p

I do not look good with it up, sadly. I don't have the face structure for it. never did. Like Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz and Reese Witherspoon (if that gives you a vague idea of my face shape, I don't look like them but have that face shape that is wide in the cheekbones with a more blunt, rounded chin and nose), I look much better with some hair framing my face. I LOVE the "loose waves" suggestion above, though! I think that is what I will do. :)

Thank you! 
  • Options
    I also have a round face but with a strapless dress, I want to show off my shoulders.  Maybe a side ponytail in loose curls?  I had that style and it looks so so nice.  I'm wearing my hair pulled back but kind loose so that it covers half my ears.  Frames my face a bit, but still off my shoulders.  I would go for a trial and test out different looks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards