Chit Chat
Options

Pet Peeves

13»

Re: Pet Peeves

• Options
    Thought of another one.  It annoys me to all hell that stores don't carry "short" length anymore for jeans/pants.  I'm 5'3" but only have a 28" inseam.  Some still do (Thank you Ann Taylor) but for the most part, they don't.  I needed to get another pair of jeans but didn't want to splurge on Lucky Brand since I plan on losing some pounds (and have lots in the next size down that are just a bit too tight right now).  Old Navy only carries their short length online now.  The Levi's at JC Penney only were in regular or long.  I finally found some at Target, but they're still 31" inseam, but since they're cheap jeans to wear on weekends and camping, I can deal with them dragging a bit. 
    The Gap stores (Banana Republic, Old Navy, Gap) all carry "ankle" sizes for short people. I shop there because they have "Long" lengths.
  • Options
    Thought of another one.  It annoys me to all hell that stores don't carry "short" length anymore for jeans/pants.  I'm 5'3" but only have a 28" inseam.  Some still do (Thank you Ann Taylor) but for the most part, they don't.  I needed to get another pair of jeans but didn't want to splurge on Lucky Brand since I plan on losing some pounds (and have lots in the next size down that are just a bit too tight right now).  Old Navy only carries their short length online now.  The Levi's at JC Penney only were in regular or long.  I finally found some at Target, but they're still 31" inseam, but since they're cheap jeans to wear on weekends and camping, I can deal with them dragging a bit. 
    The Gap stores (Banana Republic, Old Navy, Gap) all carry "ankle" sizes for short people. I shop there because they have "Long" lengths.
    Oh I know, they're just only available online, at least for Old Navy (like I mentioned).  Since their sizing is so wonky and seems to change from pair to pair, I like to try it on in the store before buying and having to pay shipping. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Oh I know, they're just only available online, at least for Old Navy (like I mentioned).  Since their sizing is so wonky and seems to change from pair to pair, I like to try it on in the store before buying and having to pay shipping. 
    Some types are available in store.   I just picked up ankle length Rockstar in white midrise from Old Navy.   I wanted an ankle length to be cute for summer.   
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Some types are available in store.   I just picked up ankle length Rockstar in white midrise from Old Navy.   I wanted an ankle length to be cute for summer.   
    Those jerks, they said on their website that the short length was only available online.  I'll have to go check out the actual store.  I thought it seemed odd, because a few years ago I bought short length in the store.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    People who assume women don't like sports. 

I frequently talk about hockey with a guy in my office. He knows I enjoy the sport and not just because my husband does. I told him that my sister and I were going to try to get single seat tickets for the cup final so we'd have a better chance at getting tickets. He said, "I still think that you do that to pick up guys". Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
    So much this. My former (female) roommate and I are super big baseball fans. H is not really a fan at all, he only pays attention because I do. But still everyone is surprised when I'm a fan and surprised when he's not.
    Also all the terrible clothing options when I just want a shirt in my team colors.Also all the terrible "marketing for women" that think I'm just trying to bang baseball players.Also the people who think I don't know anything about the game because I'm a girl (although my ex-roommate and I have had conversations about which Twins player we think would be the best dancer or is the most adorable, we can just do that and also pay attention).
  • Options
    - People who can't sit still in group meetings, particularly my one coworker who swivels back and forth in her chair the entire time. Don't know why but it drives me batty.

Yeah......this is totally me.  I fidget constantly.  I really can't help it because I don't even realize I'm doing it.  Most of the time I shake my foot which usually leads to me shaking the whole table..or car if we're driving.  My coworkers are used to it and just tell me that I'm shaking the table again. I stop and redirect myself to something less annoying.  Luckily most of my meetings are over the phone.  FI doesn't even notice it anymore and is totally unfazed by my crazy......

My pet peeve is being on time for meetings and calls.  It drives me crazy if someone tells me they are going to call me in 5 minutes and they call me in an hour.  I spend 55 minutes being extremely anxious and tense expecting the phone to ring at any second.  I'm working on letting stuff like that go.  :)
  • Options
    I have the same issue! Smart Set/Reitman's use to carry it but now I find Ricki's is the ONLY place I can find pants my length.
    {if you're blessed with a Ricki's, run to that store now!!}
  • Options
    Me too. And it's always bad advice. "You should serve fruit salad for dessert. Not everyone likes cake. Some people might be on a diet." Or this gem..."you're short, so you should just wear a cocktail dress instead of a wedding gown."
  • Options
    @SoontobeMrsKlein - I hem my dress pants with duct tape. LOL
  • Options

"Not putting the divider up after loading your groceries onto the till/slide-y thing"

Confession:

I didn't even realize this was rude until last week. I always considered it rude if you put it down after you've done your groceries bc its like saying 'This is all my stuff and I don't want any of your shit to get in here' LOL So I have always let the next person put it down.

I didn't realize it was rude until the person in front of me made a joke like 'Oh my husband has no manners!' and puts the divider down after he unloads the groceries.

I laughed but I was like oh shit that way is considered rude?! crap.

• Options

I recently bought several pairs of Levi's and Lee brand jeans in "Short" sizes at Kohl's.  Make sure to look in the normal pant section though.  Their petite section didn't have anything, but I found a decent selection of short sizes mixed in with the regular jeans.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards