Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Um - what?! Shaving your face ..

I have a makeup artist friend that SWEARS by shaving your (whole!) face a day or two prior to a big event for flawless makeup application (especially when it comes to foundation). This terrifies me, as I have very sensitive skin. However, now that this has been brought to my attention, all the little imperfections caused by the slight "peach fuzz" on my face when I apply my foundation is making me VERY curious to actually try it. Maybe a trial run wayyyy prior to the wedding?

Has anyone else heard of this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.

Re: Um - what?! Shaving your face ..

• Options
    cjr3561 said:
    I have a makeup artist friend that SWEARS by shaving your (whole!) face a day or two prior to a big event for flawless makeup application (especially when it comes to foundation). This terrifies me, as I have very sensitive skin. However, now that this has been brought to my attention, all the little imperfections caused by the slight "peach fuzz" on my face when I apply my foundation is making me VERY curious to actually try it. Maybe a trial run wayyyy prior to the wedding?

Has anyone else heard of this?
    I've heard of this, but honestly I wouldn't do more hair removal than you already do prior to the wedding. I bet you can look at any photo of yourself and not be able to see the peach fuzz unless you are able to zoom way into the picture. 
  • Options
    I have a lot of blonde peach fuzz on my face and went for the first time to have my face waxed about 6 weeks ago. I plan to go every 6 weeks leading up to the wedding, but making sure that I time it right so that I don't go right before the wedding (maybe 1 1/2 or 2 weeks prior). My skin looks nice and smooth after I have it done but I do break out just a little bit afterwards, although it clears up pretty quickly.

If you do decide to wax or shave, try it out now rather than right before the wedding. You don't know how your skin will react.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I've heard this before too. Definitely test is out in advance though. 
  • Options
    I've heard it's a good exfoliant in general. I would also test it out in advanced. I have extremely sensitive skin and have done it before and did not react, but you could. Definitely best to be safe rather than sorry.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Personally, I wouldn't do this without giving it a test run several months before the wedding. 1) to see how your sensitive skin would react; and 2) to see how it grows in.

I haven't known of anyone who has shaved their face before their wedding for make up application. All the brides looked gorgeous.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Just don't slip and accidentally shave off half an eyebrow.

But I think I saw a story about how shaving your face is actually good for your skin.  Not sure how much I believe that.  I have never shaved my face and think my skin looks pretty darn good.

• Options
    My skin is too sensitive for that. Waxing or shaving wouldn't work out well for me. But good luck!

• Options
    cj3561cj3561 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks ladies for the input! It just seemed so absurd to me, but I figured I'd ask and see if this is a weird little secret others have heard of .. I'm not completely convinced to try it. Even though the whole "if you shave it, it will grow back thicker/darker!" is an old wives tale, still don't know if I wanna be messing with my face. I could also, like @maggie0829 said, shave off an eyebrow or horribly cut myself, haha.
    I'll stick with my trusty BeautyBlender!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • Options
    Haha my skin is sensitive too. Probably wax.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards