Chit Chat
Options

Randoms

What do you have?

I seem to be full of more complaints these last couple weeks than positives.

I ordered a new pair of swim bottoms from Etsy.  They've been shipped and estimated delivery date was yesterday.  How long do you think I should wait before contacting the Post Office?  No updates since 6/27 and that was just to say they've departed the originating Post Office.  They are coming from Hawaii.

I need to finish my deep clean before my brother gets here Saturday.  Just the dining room and living room left.  But all I want to do now is sit on my ass and watch TV.

Also, I'm hungry.
Anniversary

Re: Randoms

• Options
    I really need to start on my pre-reading for my class.  And I'm trying to decide if I should take 1 more this summer since they cancelled my second class.  My current class is 6 weeks online (plus 2 Sat mornings).  This other class would be 3 weeks in class M-F mornings, so I'd be crazy busy for 3 weeks juggling 2 grad classes and papers.  

On a good note, I had no cavities this morning at the Dentist, so I treated myself to a new Lulu sports bra for being a good little tooth cleaner.   :D

• Options
    I've tried to leave the house a few times to go shopping. Only for it to start hailing.   I'm going to try again soon.

I'm hungry too.  Not sure if I want to eat in or grab something out.   I should eat in, but I'm really craving a burger right now from a local place. 

It's only 4:41pm so I have time.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    It's the last full day of my honeymoon, and we have been reading/knotting/napping all day. Earlier it rained even harder than it did for our wedding which I wasn't sure was possible :-p

I still need to get a gift for my 2 y/o nephews bay party on Saturday. Any ideas??

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    luckya23 said:
    It's the last full day of my honeymoon, and we have been reading/knotting/napping all day. Earlier it rained even harder than it did for our wedding which I wasn't sure was possible :-p I still need to get a gift for my 2 y/o nephews bay party on Saturday. Any ideas??
    We got ours a pirate costume from the Disney store (on sale) and a bunch of books.  We also got him a little plastic golf set at Christmas.  Personally, I usually only give books or toys the kids can be active with.  They don't get random toys form us

• Options
    It's tough bc I don't speak to my sister and don't know my nephew at all or what he already has...
    All the fun toys I've looked at say age 3+!
    I'd like to do a gift card but sure sister would side-eye it...

• Options
    @luckya23 I liked getting all my nieces and nephews playdoh or crafting things like markers and crayons.  I don't remember the 2 age, but I think that's old enough for playdoh with supervision?
    Anniversary

• Options
    I forgot about playdoh! I really wanted kinetic sand but I'll research playdoh!

• Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    Zoya is having a buy three, get three free and I just can't decide what six nail polish to get.

editted
    @luckya23 My nephew loves cars. I like to pick him up some age appropriate car toys and legos.
  • Options
    loveislouderloveislouder member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    All I want to do is watch Orange is the New Black (I'm only on season two so shh...) and read books about babies and how to prepare yourself (your body) for a baby and stuff. 
  • Options

I'm currently eating my afternoon snack even though I just finished my lunch.

I get to come home to homemade pizza tonight. 

J is going to his hometown for a funeral Saturday night, which means I get to watch OITNB on the big screen instead of my tablet (I'm only on season 2, too).

We might have a house lined up for when we move in September.

I think I'm going to go get a slurpee.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    I'm annoyed because I ordered new jeans, they took forever to come in, they finally arrived and they fit fine but are way too long. The site didn't say how long they were, and I ordered regular length. I'm 5'4"! That's average height! Regular jeans should not be too long for me! So now I'm probably going to hem them. I can do that, but it's just a hassle. They were on clearance, so they likely won't be available and also I really need new jeans and don't want to wait weeks for them.

On the jeans note, I also have a serious beef with Old Navy. Never by their jeans!!! In a year,the zipper on both pairs have broken and the inside of the thighs is wearing super fast. I've had to sew a rip caused by the material wearing thin on both pairs. Never had either problem happen before and I always wear jeans. I want to contact them but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I can keep sewing them and use them for regular jeans instead of work jeans. It sucks because I loved the fit and length. And they weren't too expensive either. Also, the dye job sucks. 15 washes later and the dark wash is still bleeding. And I've done the vinegar truck 2-3 times.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed because I ordered new jeans, they took forever to come in, they finally arrived and they fit fine but are way too long. The site didn't say how long they were, and I ordered regular length. I'm 5'4"! That's average height! Regular jeans should not be too long for me! So now I'm probably going to hem them. I can do that, but it's just a hassle. They were on clearance, so they likely won't be available and also I really need new jeans and don't want to wait weeks for them. On the jeans note, I also have a serious beef with 

Old Navy. Never by their jeans!!! In a year,the zipper on both pairs have broken and the inside of the thighs is wearing super fast. I've had to sew a rip caused by the material wearing thin on both pairs. Never had either problem happen before and I always wear jeans. I want to contact them but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I can keep sewing them and use them for regular jeans instead of work jeans. It sucks because I loved the fit and length. And they weren't too expensive either. Also, the dye job sucks. 15 washes later and the dark wash is still bleeding. And I've done the vinegar truck 2-3 times.
    really?   I haven't that problem with my ON jeans.   I wear them all the time and have for years.  Never had them bleed either.  

Their sizing is weird though. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

I'm annoyed because I ordered new jeans, they took forever to come in, they finally arrived and they fit fine but are way too long. The site didn't say how long they were, and I ordered regular length. I'm 5'4"! That's average height! Regular jeans should not be too long for me! So now I'm probably going to hem them. I can do that, but it's just a hassle. They were on clearance, so they likely won't be available and also I really need new jeans and don't want to wait weeks for them.

On the jeans note, I also have a serious beef with 

Old Navy. Never by their jeans!!! In a year,the zipper on both pairs have broken and the inside of the thighs is wearing super fast. I've had to sew a rip caused by the material wearing thin on both pairs. Never had either problem happen before and I always wear jeans. I want to contact them but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I can keep sewing them and use them for regular jeans instead of work jeans. It sucks because I loved the fit and length. And they weren't too expensive either. Also, the dye job sucks. 15 washes later and the dark wash is still bleeding. And I've done the vinegar truck 2-3 times.

really?   I haven't that problem with my ON jeans.   I wear them all the time and have for years.  Never had them bleed either.  

DH and I both have several pairs of Old Navy jeans. I've never had a problem with bleeding. Thighs are never an issue for me but I recently got a pair that I returned when the button popped off on the first wearing.

However, DH has a pair that never stops bleeding. It's annoying. It's been several washing and it won't stop.

I'm convinced that they're usually great for the price (especially if you're like me and only buy on sale) but occasionally have bad batches.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

On the jeans note, I also have a serious beef with Old Navy. Never by their jeans!!! In a year,the zipper on both pairs have broken and the inside of the thighs is wearing super fast. I've had to sew a rip caused by the material wearing thin on both pairs. Never had either problem happen before and I always wear jeans. I want to contact them but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I can keep sewing them and use them for regular jeans instead of work jeans. It sucks because I loved the fit and length. And they weren't too expensive either. Also, the dye job sucks. 15 washes later and the dark wash is still bleeding. And I've done the vinegar truck 2-3 times.

Ugh. I'm sorry. I always have the thigh problem tho. I've got thunder thighs.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I am irked because I get to check to my messages and one of my friends told me that she wants to use my pool so she can invite her family along with mine over, split the food costs etc, and have a cook out/pool party.... I mean really!? I am trying to figure out why her sister is texting and calling me asking if I have any extra floaties for her child. NO....So I had to call my friend back and tell her how she shouldn't tell her family to come over and use my pool for the holidays..without me or my husband's permission.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    The three stupid dogs had dentals today. Very nice because they're all kinds of drunk from meds for fireworks. If they'd stop thinking rocks = chew toy, maybe we wouldn't need extractions every single time.

Paisley, who is a good girl and wants her teeth brushed and doesn't chew on rocks, didn't need a dental. So she's still pouting that the boys got to go out and she had to stay home with FI. Who took her to get ice cream during the day. She also generally doesn't mind fireworks. But some idiot has stuff that's setting off car alarms, she doesn't approve.
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015

lyndausvi said:

On the jeans note, I also have a serious beef with 

DH and I both have several pairs of Old Navy jeans. I've never had a problem with bleeding. Thighs are never an issue for me but I recently got a pair that I returned when the button popped off on the first wearing.

However, DH has a pair that never stops bleeding. It's annoying. It's been several washing and it won't stop.

I'm convinced that they're usually great for the price (especially if you're like me and only buy on sale) but occasionally have bad batches.

----------------------------Box-------------------------

Hmm, interesting. It was three different pairs in three different washes for me. One pair, the zipper broke just a couple weeks after purchase. I tried to exchange, but they didn't have my size. I moved, and never got around to doing it. Another pair, teeth pulled off the zipper, but I sewed the zipper shut above that so I can still wear them. That pair had a thigh rip, and a third pair had a thigh rip as well. Only one pair (the zipper and thigh rip pair) had bleeding problems. That was the darkest wash.

@paperpusher , I have thick thighs to. I have never in my life had a thigh gap. However, my jeans have never worn out as fast as these ON pairs did. And I have only had pairs wear out on the actual seam before. . I have never had a pair, much less TWO pairs wear out to the point of getting an actual 2" rip in the fabric 1/4" away from the seam because of the fabric wearing thin.
  • Options
    AlexisA01 said:
    I am irked because I get to check to my messages and one of my friends told me that she wants to use my pool so she can invite her family along with mine over, split the food costs etc, and have a cook out/pool party.... I mean really!? I am trying to figure out why her sister is texting and calling me asking if I have any extra floaties for her child. NO....So I had to call my friend back and tell her how she shouldn't tell her family to come over and use my pool for the holidays..without me or my husband's permission.
    You got married? I assume you guys worked everything out? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards