Michigan-Grand Rapids

Wedding picture spots?

I am getting married in Grand Rapids but my Fiance and i live in Grand Haven( he is in the Coast Guard). Does anyone have any suggestions for good places to take pictures in Grand Haven or on the drive from Grand Rapids to Grand Haven?

Re: Wedding picture spots?

• edited December 2011
    I lived in Spring Lake for 10 years, I miss that area so much!  Outside of the obvious Lake Michigan shoreline in GH, if you like cityscapes Grand Rapids is awesome.  I just had my engagement pics taken there and there is a huge mural left over from Art Prize that we used, also a lot of cool buildings to use for backdrops :) 
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love our wedding pictures from the lakeshore! We did ours at Kirk Park, which might be a little out of your way. Rosy Mound park might be good too... it's right off M-45, so it's easy if you're coming in from GR.
  • edited December 2011
    The grand Haven board walk is nice, and if you go into Ferrysburg, check out North Shore Park. Its a couple miles past the fire barn. It all kinda depends on what kind of theme you are looking for. You can almost never go wrong with beach pictures, given that you have a good photographer :) (my dad tried taking my senior pics at GH beach and did a horrible job lol...cheap @$$ lol) Sometimes you can find little "hidden treasures" at places like hotels and restaurants. Above and Beyond is a BEAUTIFUL venue, but IDK if they allow you to go there just to take pics. If your wedding is in GR though and you wanted pics with you in your wedding attire, I know there are lots of beautiful places there downtown, just stay away from Franklin, and Division lol. (i'm sure u already knew that)
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a link that shows all about the different places in GR

• edited December 2011
    if your fiance is in the CG, this might be a place of interest for you:

• amy7177amy7177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    why not go to holland and use the windmill gardens? so beautiful. or the parks there?
    Married on July 29, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards