Snarky Brides

Re: I'll just leave this here...

• Options
    JediElizabethJediElizabeth member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    I got to the moderator saying: 

"What about just one drink per guest from the bat after that its cash only?
    You could hand out little vouchers at the service saying take me to the bar for a, a pint, b a soft drink or c a single shot.
    That way your limiting their drink but still giving them something."

Then I had to stop. A voucher for a soft drink??? Seriously?

No. Just no. 
  • Options
    We should post a link to Whine About It- The Worst Things About Weddings (see Chit Chat).
  • Options
    These girls are so tight, and their poor H2Bs and fathers are trying to demand open bars but the brides are having none of it.  "It's my special dayyyyy!  I would much much prefer a stupid bus instead!!!"

What really pissed me off was the brides saying that people will drink until they fall over and puke if the bar is free.  REALLY!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  I don't think I've fallen down drunk since I was 15, it doesn't matter who's paying for it.

The number of posters telling others that the bar will cost many thousands and they couldn't possibly afford it also pissed me off.  My sisters bar cost only £1800 (on top of wine with dinner and arrival drink packages) and that was for 3 frigging days including the rehearsal dinner and next day BBQ!

Will stay away from UKBrides in future.

Super Chavy

• Options
    ScottishSarahScottishSarah member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2015
    I got to the moderator saying: 

"What about just one drink per guest from the bat after that its cash only?
    You could hand out little vouchers at the service saying take me to the bar for a, a pint, b a soft drink or c a single shot.
    That way your limiting their drink but still giving them something."

Then I had to stop. A voucher for a soft drink??? Seriously?

No. Just no. 

I think vouchers are tacky at a staff party, let alone a wedding.  The Horror!
  • Options
    I just do not understand a cash bar.

Its so funny that just because it is a wedding people think they can be terrible hosts. Do you ask people to pay for wine when you invite them to your home for dinner? Do you charge your kids friends for a juice box during a birthday party?

If that happened people would flip their lids. But a wedding? Oh yeah we can just give everyone one drink and they should be happy. Just more evidence of the "me me me" society we live in.
  • Options
    We should post a link to Whine About It- The Worst Things About Weddings (see Chit Chat).
    OMG please do. That would be so great.
  • Options
    She spent £25k on the wedding but wants to be chintzy about booze?!
  • Options
    frenchiekinfrenchiekin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited September 2015
    This one is my favorite, especially the bolded.  I mean really, who do these peasants think they are?!?!

An open bar is a very easy way to increase your budget tbh: if you have 100 guests having 8 drinks each at £5 a drink that's £4000.. For that £4000 I'd rather have an amazing honeymoon for the two of us, or put it towards a house deposit.

A lot of our friends are heavy drinkers too & if you consider a wedding is a long day (they have their 1st drink at say 3pm, go home at midnight = 9 hours!) then people could easily put away more than 8 drinks.

But that's just my opinion! 2-3 welcome drinks, canapes, 4 course meal, half bottle of wine, glass of champagne, evening buffet & cake/cheese is enough for me (and if anyone complains they can stay at home lol!) Xx

• Options
    Cheap cheap cheap
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards