Not Engaged Yet
Options

Back to the Future Wednesday!

124»

Re: Back to the Future Wednesday!

• Options
    Awwwww. I'm trying not to get all worked up over it, but I'm no catfish. Ugh.

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.
    "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

• Options
    rant time I put in for a half day today so that I could leave early and I'm just leaving work now 2 1/2 hours after I should have because apparently the office cannot function without me being there
  • Options
    @speakeas14 - Ugh, that sucks.  I'm sorry.  I've given up taking 1/2 days at work, honestly.  There is no point.  If people see you in the morning, they assume you will be around in the afternoon.  If you say you are taking the morning off and coming in for the afternoon, they assume they can email you all their stuff in the morning and of course you'll have time to address a day's worth of work in 1/2 a day.  
  • Options
    rant time I put in for a half day today so that I could leave early and I'm just leaving work now 2 1/2 hours after I should have because apparently the office cannot function without me being there

@speakeasy14 - You GTFO lady. Enjoy the rest of your day!

• Options

@wink0erin - Ooooo, what are engagement ponies?!? Can I be a pony? Or is that a bad thing?

• Options
    AlPacina said:

@wink0erin - Ooooo, what are engagement ponies?!? Can I be a pony? Or is that a bad thing?

I like ponies.

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.

• Options
    Attention all iPhone users: I interrupt this program to announce that there are brand stinkin' new emojis in the latest software update. 

• Options
    wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

I was new here/lurking/it was before my time, so I don't recall the full background story of the engagement ponies. I just remember engagement ponies being a part of normal discussion here. I imagine it stemmed out of a post from someone actively planning a wedding but claiming they weren't engaged, and then getting super defensive when we commented. The current regs who were regs back then may remember.

Or what @minskat30 said.

• Options
    Swazzle said:

Attention all iPhone users: I interrupt this program to announce that there are brand stinkin' new emojis in the latest software update. 

WUT. Gotta get home to update ASAP.

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.

• Options
    TwoDimes said:
    minskat30 said:
    AlPacina said:

I don't remember who coined it...maybe @loves2shop4shoes?  Essentially when a BSC person comes on here and tells us "Ooooh, my birthday is coming up.  My BF and I have been together for 6 months too!  He said he got me something "really special" for my birthday....do you think it is the RING?" regulars calm the OP down by letting her know she is getting a pony instead for her birthday.  Makes total sense after all, ponies are way cooler than engagement rings.  
    This, andplusalso, in my head, I've always related it to the phrase, "When you hear hooves, think horses not zebras." Well.... when your BF says, "I got you a really awesome birthday gift," think ponies, not engagement rings ;)

I've never heard that phrase before @TwoDimes but LOVE it. Totally stealing it for the next time H has a completely illogical reaction to something (ie, "This spot on my arm is new, do you think it's cancer minskat?"). Shouldn't take long to use it in this household. ;)
  • Options
    @AuroraRose41 - WOW! Absolutely stunning!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards