Chit Chat
Options

New trends in wedding dresses? Ooh, nooooooo!

Re: New trends in wedding dresses? Ooh, nooooooo!

• Options
    CMGragain said:
    What is wrong with short, sparkly or V neck?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    V neck is fine, but not down to the navel!
    I saw sparkly in the 1990s.
    Short - THAT short? No way! Not in my church!
    How about the transparent dresses? I guess the bride goes commando?

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:

Vneck is fine, but not down to the navel!
    I saw sparkly in the 1990s.
    Short - THAT short? No way! Not in my church!
    How about the transparent dresses? I guess the bride goes commando?

Well, not everyone gets married in a church.

And there are lots of different types of transparent dress. Some just show the brides arms or back. And if the bride goes commando, so what? Why do you care about a brides underwear?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, come on. Would you seriously wear this? The Hailey Page bell cage dress is just ridiculous.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I am not saying I love all of them. But I think you have to understand that most people to fit into the tiny sphere of things you happen to approve of.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Some of these are gorgeous and if I had the body, I would totally consider them. You have to consider that some super high-fashion stuff looks ridiculous, but I don't see that many that I think are completely unforgivable.
  • Options
    KatWAG, you have no sense of humor today.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I liked ~2/3 of them. I'm not a fan of the super plunging v-neck nor the sheer looks, but I know I'm a bit more conservative than most.
  • Options
    CMGragain said:

KatWAG, you have no sense of humor today.

I have a great sense of humor. But after years of reading your posts, I am pretty sure you aren't joking.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Those were some horrible trends. Basically, it seems that everything Pnina Tornei is the up and coming. Lingerie, transparent and sparkly. Apparently she was ahead of her time. I don't think the "high concept" one will make it off the runway too much though.
  • Options
    Yea, a lot of these are couture gowns that people would typically not wear. I actually liked a lot of them.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015

It is haute couture- it is supposed to be ridiculous and envelope pushing. That is how the fashion industry works: high end concept dresses that eventually work their way down to the retail, watered-down copycats at David's Bridal that you are probably used to seeing at your church.

Yes, I know. I posted this so you ladies could have some laughs today. Enjoy!

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I did like a few of the dresses with overlays on the top, but I admit to not being a fan of the short or plunging V neck dresses (or that cage dress-??????)
  • Options
    My favorite was the mullet dress.

• Options
    I think that was my favorite, too.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    teddygirl9teddygirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    Some of them are sure 'out there', but I actually liked some of them.
  • Options
    I actually thought a lot of those were fantastic, but certainly agree that as high-concept fashion they wouldn't fly on the Average Jane in a church.

I also think, for fashion shows, the sheer really helps you see the detail. So many bridal gowns we see are white-on-white and you can't see any detail unless you get up close to the bride, much less see in the photos we later post on social media. Many of those dresses, if you were to add a white slip, I'd love to try.

• Options

My favorite was the mullet dress.

Is she wearing black socks? Those boots/heels and socks might be even worse than the dress.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Somebody post that cage dress. I couldn't figure out how to do it.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:

Somebody post that cage dress. I couldn't figure out how to do it.

• Options
    Um, I don't see how any of these are new trends. Sparkles have been around forever. Short dresses are very prevalent. A plunging neckline? Um, pretty sure I have seen that many times on the red carpet and since many wedding dresses could double as red carpet gowns, this just makes sense. The super high fashion/couture ones are most likely runway statement pieces that will never be worn and are a one of kind type of thing. The whole lingerie look has been around for a while too, just think of Pnina Tornai gowns. The only one that is a bit much are the completely sheer except for strategically placed pieces of lace dresses. Many of them would be gorgeous if lined though. As for how short some of the short dresses are we need to keep in mind that these dresses are put on models that have 10ft long legs so proportions matter.

I actually really like the first Carolina Herrera dress listed under the plunging neckline trend. I would wear that in a heartbeat.

• Options
    I didn't care for most of the lingerie dresses, but I also feel like that's not really a new thing... look at Pnina Tournay. But none of these are brand new trends, at all.

As usual, I'm hearting hard on all of the Reem Acra dresses, and the Monique Lhullier.

And yeah, the couture dresses in the "high concept" section were never really meant to be worn anywhere except on the runway.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options

Is she wearing black socks? Those boots/heels and socks might be even worse than the dress.
    Oooooh, good question. How it fits at the base of her lower calf looks more like socks than a "bootie."

I'm also irrationally annoyed by the white sole with the shoes. What gives?
  • Options
    Does anyone watch Project Runway? Candace Cuoco totally had a cage for under one of her dresses and she decided to get rid of it but it totally reminds me of this!

Overall, I really liked them, but do see the Pnina inspiration (yuck!)

• Options

I love this Carolina Herrera gown and would totally consider it if I were small chested, had a billion dollars, and weren't already married. None of which are an issue. But still, it's preeeeeeeety:

A

This is the one I was talking about! It is a gorgeous dress with a classic shape. And if someone doesn't want the plunge to be that low a pretty piece of lace could easily fill the gap. But really, talk about a modern twist to a very classic and traditional dress.

• Options
    Some were beautiful, but an almost equal number were pretty ridiculous IMO- which is par for the course for haute couture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards