Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday

Re: Monday

• Options
    @minskat30 @futuremrshistorian I cannot get rid of the bangs... I cut them myself like two years ago and never looked back haha so I am glad you like them!

@beachyone15

BF hates that I took that pic, made it the my lock screen AND home screen on my phone, and posted it on snapchat haha it's the cutest thing ever!
  • Options
    @minskat30 That's Great! Kudos to you for getting organized! I packed my bags 3 weeks prior to my due date and threw it all in the car. It made it so easy for us when my water broke to just get out of bed and hop in our car.
  • Options
    @labro - They told us $3,200 and we can keep the truck. Or $5,200 if they take it. We plan to use that money to payoff some debt or put towards the new vehicle. He's gathering receipts from extra work that's been done fairly recently (new transmission, new brakes) to hopefully get even more money. So our dilemma is that the truck still runs fine (pretty much everything has been replaced), but it is much older and it's just a matter of time before he'll need a new vehicle. We have just been enjoying not having a car payment (although we knew it wouldn't last).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @labro - That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!  All caps are necessary.  AW the hell out of it pretty please??

@southernpeach89 - I think that is a great idea...to put the bag in the car.  Only thing I worry about is H being in Chicago when I go into labor and everything being in the car with him.  I'll stick it in the garage though so its grab and go!  Also, Maddux!  I love how he sits inside/outside all the time.  
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beachyone15 I guess this is my perspective. Our truck is a diesel and even though it's a 1999 model year, we expect it to pretty much run forever. We just had the transmission overhauled, and since it's not our daily vehicle, we plan to get many many more years out of it in spite of its age. As long as we do regular maintenance and plan for the more expensive repairs down the road, we won't need another truck for basically ever. Is this your H's daily driver? How much would it cost to do the necessary repairs (replace the windshield)? I guess basically what I'm thinking is if you just replaced the transmission, there's no reason to expect that you don't still have TONS of life left in that truck, and new trucks are so much $$$$. How soon until you think you need the engine overhauled? I think that would be my main factor.

• Options
    @labro - Good points. Yes, it's his daily vehicle. USAA actually replaced the windshield for free. So it's completely drive-able. Not sure about the engine but he's told me before that he's basically replaced everything. If he did get a new vehicle, he's thinking about a mid-size SUV but doesn't want to pay too much for it. So it's likely he'd get an older model. And then I'm thinking, he'll just have to start replacing things in that vehicle at some point anyway!

• Options
    @minskat30 He is such a stinker. He whines at the door just so he can do that. That makes sense though! I had all my bags in my car that I took with me to work just in case. But if you plan to take your H's car then yea make sure they are where they are readily available for you to pick up or for someone else to get.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @beachyone15 TBH it just doesn't seem to be worth junking it just for the $5,200 since it's driveable and you don't even have to pay to replace the windshield. $3,200 is still a decent amount that can go straight into debt payoff without having to worry about a down payment on a new vehicle, plus monthly auto loan payments. Just my perspective, but that's what I would do. Maybe you can save a little of that money to get some of the dents repaired at one of those paintless dent repair places so the body looks a bit nicer and your H isn't driving around a junky looking car all the time. :)

• Options
    @beachyone15 - I have zero opinion on whether you should keep or lost the truck, but I just wanted to chime in and say I love USAA so much.  I've never had anything but good experiences with their customer service people.

@minskat30 - So glad to hear Raj is doing well!
  • Options
    @labro - Thanks for the perspective. He keeps going back and forth between wanting something new, but then not wanting to give up his truck. He says "she's been so good to me!" so we'll work it out, but I kind of want him to take the lead. But we have both always been of the mindset that we want to keep our paid-off vehicles until we absolutely HAVE to settle for a car payment. First world problems, I know. ;)

• Options
    @wink0erin - I'm glad your weekend was fun!  How irritating about the other bar patrons though.  I'm sorry but if it is a bar, people will talk...its not a concert.

@eilis1228 - How scary about the concussion!  I'm glad you are ok.  I thought of you and @audrewuh this weekend.  I was in the nursery (Raj wanted to lay down there) and resting in our rocking chair with your quilt over me keeping an eye on him... we keep it freezing in our house for Raj while he is recovering.  :) It is getting good use already.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - Yikes! I hope your head is feeling better. Don't hesitate to go see a doc if you are still feeling even a little weird.
    I love Trainwreck. So funny.
    How was the ice cream?

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 Yikes concussions are no joke! I'd at least visit your doctor and get a general check just to make sure there's nothing he/she sees of concern!

• Options
    @beachyone15 Will do! I feel like my normal self, so luckily it wasn't a bad concussion. A few years ago a coworker had a concussion that lasted for 3 months-- so scary! Thanks to her I was really careful and paranoid about doing much after the headache and dizzyness didn't immediately subside. The ice cream was amazing. It really is magical unicorn ice cream. He brought home 4 flavors lol-- birthday cake, lemon cake, strawberry, and chocolate. I ate some of the birthday cake, and it was really good. It doesn't have quite the same texture as normal ice cream, but the taste is definitely there. And yes, we LOVED Trainwreck. We laughed so hard throughout the whole thing. I could also see why some of the older generation told me they walked out halfway through it. hahaha

@minskat30 I'm so glad that quilt is getting good use already! We really did have a blast making it for you. It was such a fun project. I love that Raj is so attached to the nursery already. He and Ani are going to be BFFs. Also, I meant to take a picture of Raj's twin at the dog park, but they were leaving as we were arriving. I was bummed because I was hoping that dog and Zoey would play together and I could take cute pics to send to you. Oh well. 

• Options
    @AlPacina - It's SO easy to spend $$$ on plants and pretty flowers!
    Sending all the good vibes for your friend!!!

• Options
    @AlPacina I read a really good description of Mormons on Reddit the other day-- Mormon ideology is the equivalent of fan fiction of the Bible. 

• Options
    @AlPacina I spent some cash money on plants and some hard labor planting them in recent weeks, went to check on my rose bush in the side yard yesterday and the freakin deer ate off EVERY bud. Stupid deer! 
    @eilis1228 I'm glad you're back to normal. Knocking the head is no joke!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    edited May 2016
    @AlPacina @TwoDimes @Swazzle I cried at the end, the beach scene, and I started getting emotional and then cried a lot for all the stuff surrounding the maze.

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @AlPacina @TwoDimes @labro - I got teary during a couple parts but I didn't actually cry-cry at all which is completely unlike me! 

• Options
    @wink0erin - I think I would be super excited to have deer around until something like that happened. What a bummer about your rose bush!! Are you going to take any preventative measures?

• Options
    Lunch break! I brought Me Before You in to read during my lunch hour, so let's hope I don't ugly cry at my desk. :-P 

• Options
    @Alpacina I like the deer, but I'm not happy they ate my roses! I have this spray stuff that's a repellent, but I had forgotten to spray it on the rose bush after planting it last week. I have no clue if the stuff works, but I sprayed all of my plants last night and will do so again during the next dry spell! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards