Chit Chat
Options

Prom season - did you go to yours?

2»

Re: Prom season - did you go to yours?

• Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I was a nerd in HS so nah. My friends were considered punk or emo and I was who knows what, in an era when nerds and anti-social people weren't cool yet so we didn't even consider it. I don't regret it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to junior prom with a date and senior prom without one. After senior prom, instead of going down the shore that weekend (which is standard when you're from New Jersey) my friends and I had a sleepover and went to a Broadway show the following day. I had a lot more fun with that than I did at the prom itself!
  • Options
    @ld1970 who the hell has a prom on a Thursday night?!

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016

I moved to the states in-between grade 11 and grade 12 (junior and senior year). My school in Canada didn't have a prom, but like many Canadians have said before, we have grad.  It's more casual, and I went back to Canada over the summer and went with a group of single friends.  I didn't know anyone in the States to go to prom with, nor did I really "get" any of the dances you American's have :)

edit - hit send to soon

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

Each year the Sophomore Cotillion (not as formal as a prom, but a formal dance) was held on a Saturday night.  The Junior Prom was always held on a Friday and the Senior Prom was always on a Thursday night with the senior class off the next day.  Those who attended the Senior Prom that was not a Senior had to go to class the next day, but with a note from their parents did not have to be at school until 10 am. 

• Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    jenna8984 said:
    Fair Lawn High School

I know, weird.  But that's how it's been for as long as I know, and the next day is just kind of known as Senior Cut Day.  

If I remember correctly, the junior prom was a Friday or Saturday.  There was no cut day the next day, that I know.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    My boyfriend at that time stole all my prom money so I couldn't afford to go :-( and yeah, my naive 18 year old self stayed with him until we broke up because he was jealous I went to college. Why do young girls date losers?! Stupid younger self....
  • Options
    Deleted user??? Just had to comment on the prom thread before gbck?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Deleted user??? Just had to comment on the prom thread before gbck?
    I know, weird.

I will confess that I dated losers well into my 30s . . took me till I was 39 to find the right person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards