Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friday it's Friday!!

2»

Re: Friday it's Friday!!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @AlPacina That dress is soooo pretty! You look gorgeous! I vote wearing the Modcloth dress to the bbq. It doesn't seem SO flimsy to me that it will get torn or anything. And clothes are supposed to get dirty! That's why we have dry cleaners and washing machines!

• Options
    @AlPacina  we have a window one we used last year. We are debating it at this point but we'll have to get boards for the window also now .... urg idk. I don't want to die of heat but at the same time I don't wanna fork over more money lmao
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @AlPacina - Damn girl! That dress fits you PERFECTLY! Love love love! 

• Options

@labro oh shit that's so much mulch lol

@alpacina damn girl, nice dress!! I wish I could come to your BBQ!

@keptinstitches juuuuust what you need more of! LOL

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes We have a national cemetery less than an hour from our house but I don't actually KNOW anyone there so I don't go. But the place is really beautiful and peaceful. I'm glad you get to visit yours and hear your grandfather's name read. :)

• Options
    @eilis1228 - Blech.  Hadn't thought of it that way but it does make sense.  No sign of any other bugs (and no bed bugs, bites on me, H or Raj or anything).  All the more reason I'm glad an exterminator is coming in though.  

@alpacina - Ummm, hot damn woman!  That dress looks amazing.
  • Options
    beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2016
    @eilis1228 - I would eat before you go ;)
    Then just snack once you get there.

ETF: words

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 I wouldn't bring meat to their house...they probably don't want it on any of their cooking implements because it would "contaminate". It's like...I'll cook both meat and veg for friends at my home because I'm not a vegetarian but I'll keep in mind any dietary issues/choices, but I'd never bring a dish to someone else's home that violated their ethical/heath based dietary choices if I was aware of them. I just get the feeling from the tone of your post that they are pretty hardcore about their "plant-based" diet. How about offering to bring a veg/non meat dish your H WILL eat?

And yes, the front garden island is a hot mess at the moment. I know you all don't believe it but it is.

• Options

Dr. Heimlich, 96 years old, just saved a woman with his maneuver at a retirement home:

ARTICLE

And if you want to giggle, here is Eddie Izzard talking about the maneuver:

VIDEO

• Options
    jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    @eilis1228 yea definitely just bring something H will eat like potato salad or pasta salad and he can have a bunch of that.

• Options
    @Labro I totally understand that, and if they were truly vegetarian, I wouldn't have posted about even considering bringing meat. This particular friend does a lot of fad diets. Her husband sometimes follows along and sometimes doesn't. Sometimes they offer us food that doesn't fall in line with her diet, and sometimes they don't. Normally we eat out when we see them so it's not an issue, but she mentioned possibly grilling Monday. I'll talk to her more about what we need to bring and the details of everything before then. She's been trying to convert me to a plant-based diet for a while now, so that's why I'm uncertain if meat or anything not in her meal plan will be an option. 

@AlPacina hahaha I've tried that with H, but he's soooo picky that it rarely works. For him, it's not about taste so much as texture. He doesn't have a sense of smell, which means his sense of taste is VERY limited. Most veggies have a subtle taste, so he really goes by texture with his food options, and the texture of veggies doesn't sit well with him. That also means that he doesn't like casseroles or anything with a combo of textures like that... I think lasagna is the closest thing to casserole I've seen him eat. It's definitely a challenge getting him to eat anything but peas, corn, and the occasional carrot.

@minskat30 You may not have seen any other bugs because the spiders are doing their job by eating them all lol. But they could also just be chilling in your house because your house is amazing. Either way, I think it's a great idea to have an exterminator come out, and I think your problems will go away before Ani arrives. :) PS--39 weeks!!!!! Ahhhh I'm so excited for you!

@beachyone15 Yes! Definitely a good option too. We have 0 things set in stone other than hanging out with them on Monday, so maybe we'll push it to like 2pm and food won't even be on the agenda :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    minskat30 said:
    Weird advice needed....spiders.  Anyone ever have a major problem with them? Remedies?  I hate, hate, hate spiders and we have tons in our house all of a sudden for some reason (just house spiders).  I'm calling an exterminator but I kill about 2 every day and H kills about 2 every day on average....and those are just the ones we are seeing.  I thought it was a spring thing but this didn't happen last year and its continued now for several weeks.  I don't want a bunch of chemicals in the house right before Ani gets here either.  :( 
    Spray peppermint and lavender  oil at all doorways and Windows 
  • Options
    When there is a huge heat warning for the entire weekend and already started ....

snowman melting melt warm snow melting

• Options
    @swazzle could also be deer, little shits jump high.

i just left the dentist. Slightly medicated. Invisalign screwed up my retainers so I'm done with Invisalign but not

• Options

i just left the dentist. Slightly medicated. Invisalign screwed up my retainers so I'm done with Invisalign but not

@speakeasy14 - That's freakin lame! How much time did it add on?

• Options
    @speakeasy14  liked for the deer idea. booo Invisalign :(
  • Options
    @AlPacina until the retainers come in, I have to wear the last set of Invisalign. Which means until I get back from Texas. But they removed all the buttons on my teeth, so the last set is going to be loose.  As long as I wear them all the time until the retainers come in, my teeth shouldn't shift.  Joke's on them though, because I got the most expensive retainers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards