Wedding Woes
Options

Monday (Thanksgiving week)

Hola!  How was the weekend?  What are y'all's plans for Thanksgiving?

I'm worn out.  I was at the hospital all day Wednesday when my mom was admitted.  I was in meetings here all day Thursday.  Friday a.m., I was just starting to get caught up on my backlog when my mom called to say she was being released.  So I drove up there, but then we had to wait forever for her to actually be discharged, and wait more forever for her Rx to be filled, and LSS by the time I finally got back on the road, I hit rush hour and Wooz ended up missing her riding lesson.  And there is no lesson this week due to TG.  So she was bummed about that.

Saturday I tried to get caught up on errands and house stuff, with some success.  Wooz's wetsuit didn't help, so we're trying the smaller size.  And if that doesn't fit, we're going to have to have one made.  :(  It also turned cold here--we had the windows open when we left for swim, and it was beautiful.  By the time we got home, the house was cold. 

Sunday, Wooz's playdate was sick and canceled.  DH took the kids to our neighbors' party while I drove up to see my mom and pick up some stuff for her.  She was not in a good mood--I think being cooped up inside is getting to her.  She had to cancel her plans to go to Florida, so I know she's disappointed about that.  I asked at the hospital if she could stay at our place so she wouldn't be alone, but they felt that her risk of infecting the kids (esp. DS) or picking up a secondary infection from one of them was too great.  So it's just her--no work, no errands, just a dog, two cats, and HGTV for company.  I asked her when she's allowed to be out and about again, and she didn't know, so hopefully she will find out today.  It would be nice if we could have her at our place for Thanksgiving, but if not, I'll figure out a way to get up there for at least a few hours. 

Time to get caught up on work.  I feel like I'm behind at the office, behind on Thanksgiving, behind on Christmas--I'm usually on top of stuff, so it's killing me. :X 

Re: Monday (Thanksgiving week)

• Options

Oh, and Saturday morning, we had a spectacular cat-related disaster.  A few years ago, my brother sent me this for Christmas:

Signature Housewares Stoneware Serving Trays in Tiered Caddy Ivory Set of 3

It's good for serving appetizers, and for everyday use, I keep various kinds of fresh fruit there so we can just grab some as we pass by the island.  Well, Saturday morning, Wooz's kitty, Abby, apparently grew tired of waiting for me to finish dishing out her breakfast.  She jumped up onto the island, caught the edge of one of the trays, and flipped the whole damn thing over onto the floor.  Knocked over the cats' water, broke two of the trays, smashed a banana, apples and cuties rolling everywhere.  She and our other cat freaked out.  I actually had one spare tray, but I had to go to Replacements, Ltd. to get the other.

I told Wooz when she got up, and she could not believe her "angel kitty" caused so much trouble.  DS witnessed the whole thing and was thrilled.  :\

• Options
    The dry air is killing me. I never thought I'd wish for higher humidity. I've had three nose bleeds since Friday and one overnight bleed was so bad I had to chuck a pillowcase.  If this continues, I may see a doctor. 

We're seeing DH's family for Thanksgiving.  I'm not unexcited, but I'm just so burned out on life I'd much rather stay home and hide for a while.

We didn't do much this weekend. Watched the Browns lose (again), did some more unpacking (I'm just shoving shit in bins and putting them in the attic now), prepped some meals for the week, and watched some of our DVRd shows (we have 11% free now! Yay us!).  I have a half day Wednesday and I'm off Friday.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Wacky weather over here in my neck of the woods. Friday we set a record high (73 degrees) and between yesterday and today, we set a record for snowfall. We got about 6-8 inches overnight. Today promises to bring more snow along with cold and wind. Luckily it'll be over by tomorrow morning and the weather looks good for our flight out Wednesday morning.

Work is insane - I ask myself every year why I continue to work in health insurance and go through open enrollment hell. I just need to get through today and tomorrow and then I'll have 4 days in the sun in Florida. When we get back on Sunday, H promised that we can go and get our Christmas tree so I'll spend the last few hours of our vacation decorating the tree and snuggling my dog. 

• Options
    Crazy weather here too! It was 25*C(80 for you Americans) on Friday. On Saturday it started out warm-ish, and was spitting, then it got really cold and poured rain. On Sunday it was flurries and bloody cold. 

Today it's -7*C with the windchill (19*F). I'm done with winter. 

I'm super jealous that you guys get part of this week off, but I am taking advantage of any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals I can. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2016
    You just reminded me that I have one of those type of thingees (a very technical term). It was MIL's and FIL let me take it since he had no use for it.  I should pull it out for crackers, cheese, and salami apps at TG. 

Weekend was all right.  Trip to IL was rushed, but we had a great time.  DH's great aunt ended up not making it because there was an airplane snafu. However, we got some great pics of all of us with DH's grandpa.  Once we got back to town yesterday, we went to FIL's and then out to MIL's gravesite.  After visiting the cemetery, we went to MIL's favorite restaurant for dinner. 

DH was off last night and is home today.  I'm hoping he wakes up soon so he can start doing stuff around the house to get ready for TG.   I'm glad I went this weekend, but we are behind as hell on being 'party' ready around here. 
  • Options
    I called out of work for today.  I was having some stomach pains last night, I think baby is trying to make more room for herself.  Then at 2 AM I just woke up unexpectedly and was wide awake for a while.  I just need to rest!  I have some work I would like to do from home, but Citrix won't connect me.  I've been waiting for 45 minutes now.

We close on our refinance today.  We are going down a 1/4 of a percent, but more importantly, we will be done with PMI!  We had FHA and it was $200 per month for the length of the loan!  So our original goal was to refinance to get conventional, so at least our PMI will disappear at some point.  But our appraisal came in so high (and we have only updated the bathrooms since moving in) tat we won't even pay PMI any longer!  Woohoo!  So even though our loan amount will be similar to our original one, with no PMI we will be saving $200 per month to start, maybe a little more.

Weekend was fine.  We got some stuff done around the house and got the turkey from my aunt.  It's starting to thaw in the fridge now.  H wanted to eat out for dinner, so while he was at work for a few hours, I did some food shopping.  I bought him some chicken wings, he has been talking about them for a while now.  So I was a good wife and made him some!  He loved them and I don't think he missed going out to dinner at all.

Atomic - Have you tried using saline nose spray?  It can help keep your nose moist.  I take it to help with allergies, TMI - to help flush out any particles I may be allergic too in the air.  But its not a medicated at all.  I used the Arm & Hammer one that is aerosol.  It can take a little bit of getting used to if you don't already use nose sprays.  But the saline should help keep the nose bleeds away, if you are getting them because of the dry air.  When we were in Vegas last week, I ended up using it more because my nose was so dry.

Heffa - Hugs to your mom.  I hope she can get out for Thanksgiving too.  Anyway you can have a skype date with the kids and your mom?  That might give her something fun to do.  You are also doing a great job at being her caretaker!  Just take time to care for yourself too!
  • Options

Continued hugs, Heffa. I hope you can relax some soon.

I'm wearing a new shirt that's a thin material and I'm very very aware of how my bra doesn't fit right. Either I've lost a little chest weight or I stretched it out from wear but it's sticking out on the edges and corners all weird.

I'm making lists and trying to plan my prep for this week. I've got two Thanksgivings to go to Thursday, and I plan to bring food to both. Then Friday I'm having H's family over so I gotta cook for that.

H keeps getting all wishy-washy with his mom on these holidays. I swear he has blocked it from his brain that I have a Bears game on Christmas Eve; I have told him at least 1,000 times and he keeps telling his mom that he'll talk to me about going up there for Christmas. So she hears "I want to come and we definitely will, unless SSC hates you and would rather burn her face off than come to your house". Great. He keeps talking about inviting them to us for Christmas, which is fine, but it's been a month now that he's "gotta talk to his boss" and do some other shit that he's not doing. I'm filing that right there under "not my problem" and moving along.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    The dry air is killing me. I never thought I'd wish for higher humidity. I've had three nose bleeds since Friday and one overnight bleed was so bad I had to chuck a pillowcase.  If this continues, I may see a doctor. 

We're seeing DH's family for Thanksgiving.  I'm not unexcited, but I'm just so burned out on life I'd much rather stay home and hide for a while.

We didn't do much this weekend. Watched the Browns lose (again), did some more unpacking (I'm just shoving shit in bins and putting them in the attic now), prepped some meals for the week, and watched some of our DVRd shows (we have 11% free now! Yay us!).  I have a half day Wednesday and I'm off Friday.

Have you tried one of those tabletop humidifiers? I LOVE mine.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Friday was glorious.  We were in short sleeves picnicking at the park.

Saturday morning we woke up to snow.  I spent most of the day painting 6lets room.  I took a break to go to his indoor game and Costco.

Sunday was church and more painting.  I finished up part of my neighbor gifts and sibling gifts for DH's family.  There are issues of course, but they aren't even worth typing out.  Let's just say I'm going to eat ham, boxed scalloped potatoes, corn casserole, and mac and cheese with added chee whiz (for my kids? They eat the other stuff).  I'll bring my homemade cookies that nobody will eat and a salad of some sort that nobody will eat but us.

This week we're going to my family.

• Options

Morning, WW.

That sounds like a huge disaster @Heffalump!

The weekend was good. I got groceries Saturday and then went to dinner with a friend. Then we went back to my house and had girl talk and drank all the wine. It was a lot of fun.

Yesterday was church, nap, cooking, and lots of TV time. It was great to have nothing to do.

As of right now I honestly have no idea what I'm doing for Thanksgiving for the first time in my life. DH can't come home for the holiday. My cousins are throwing a huge Thanksgiving party (that's really what it feels like) in Knoxville. It's getting bigger and bigger every year. We used to have Thanksgiving as a family, but now they invite all kinds of random people and it just feels very impersonal and chaotic. Originally, I was supposed to go up there with my mom and grandparents. As of last week my grandma has suddenly reached the stage in her Alzheimer's where she can no longer control her bowels, so she's having accidents all the time. My granddad keeps wavering on whether or not he wants to go to Knoxville with or without her, or if he just wants to stay home. My grandma doesn't want to go because the crowd gives her extreme anxiety and she is (understandably) nervous that she will have an accident and be embarrassed. As of this morning granddad wants to go anyways and take my grandma. My mom doesn't want to go to Knoxville now because she doesn't want to deal with the crowd and the stress. So she's saying I can drive the grandparents up there and bring her food back. If I do that I'll have to take her car because mine is a 2 door and DH's truck is too tall for my grandparents to climb up into. It's just a huge cluster and at this point I don't even want to do anything at all. I'm pretty much over it.

The bottom line is nobody on my mom's side of the family is willing to bend their plans. Realistically, we may only have my grandparents for a couple more Thanksgivings. But it doesn't fit into their "vision" to do something smaller and more intimate so they just pretend like it's just like the old days when the grandparents were healthy and enjoyed things like this. It's really making me sad that they are willing to potentially sacrifice spending time with them because they'd rather have a huge holiday bash.

• Options
    Had a great weekend. Friday we didn't do much, but Saturday was massive cleaning (I finally cleaned the brass pipes in our bathroom, which I'm fairly certain have never been cleaned before), and we went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I loved it. Then dinner out. A nice date night before H goes off hunting for the next four weekends in a row. 

Sunday was football, yay for Bills and Steelers wins (sorry @AtomicBlonde that game was terrible). Other than that just getting ready to travel this week. Short work weeks always through me off and I feel like I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. And someone scheduled a meeting this afternoon that absolutely could have waited until next week.

Random house-guest question. A friend of mine (was at one point my best friend and MOH but more like acquaintance now) and her H were planning to come to the house on Saturday on their way to another Ohio city. We made plans weeks ago where they were going to get here in the afternoon, see the new house, we'd go for a late lunch, then they'd travel on their way. Well Friday night (like 8pm) she texts and asks if we could meet 4 hours later than we originally planned and do dinner instead because they'd rather leave later. H and I had already planned to do dinner and a movie, and we could have cancelled our plans, but I really didn't want to, and I thought it was kind of obnoxious they wanted to push everything back and didn't let us know until the night before. We said no, and didn't end up seeing them. I feel a little bad, but I thought that was kind of rude. What would WW do? 
  • Options
    @Heffalump  damn impatient cat lol I will never complain about mine getting under foot again!!

@AtomicBlonde  I had that issue when I lived at a different apartment. Try putting bowls/tupperware of water around, near vents is best. It will add moisture into the air

What a freakin weekend!!
    {oops! novel!}

Friday we swung by Jysk to get a hall bench. Obv it's not on sale anymore .... still needed it though. It looks like this, minus the baskets {those are separate}

So we - mainly me - put it together, and afterwards I'm about to hop in the shower and M comes knocking. His buddy invited him to go hunting Saturday morning {last day of gun hunting for our area} I told him he had to call my mum, and get my dad's jacket and stuff. He goes and I set the alarm for 4am for him.

Saturday - a bit of reference, I had asked one of my friends a the week before if she wanted to meet on the Saturday for bagels. She said she had exam but didn't know what time. Fine. I texted mid-week and she says she has plans afterwards. Cool, we're make plans another time.

Anyways .... so M's gone until later than anticipated, and I had made plans with my mum.

M almost ditched the car - no injuries and had to call a tow truck - but they did get a deer. Someone hit it, but it was in good condition for the most part.

M got home, washed his hands and we headed to my mum's because he also had to do his winter tires {which were at my mum's}

I went out with my mum and got winter boots but no gifts :(
    M gets a call from one of his buddy's and we let them know we'll be home shortly so if they wanna swing by that'd be cool.

I find out later that my friend I tried to make plans with, ended up making plans with my other friend {they met through the wedding} Uhm wtf?
    I get irritated with them being friends, because they never consider inviting me when they make plans. Like great you guys are friends, but could you maybe see if I want to join? I just find it rude/irritating I'm never considered ....
    Then one of my friends has the g.d nerve to be like "you never ask to see me" Uhm fuck off, you're in the city seeing other people and you never consider telling me. I would gladly see you but you have 2 kids and had a bf you wanted to see a lot. Guhhhh .... /vent
    I'm trying to just get over it because I doubt it'll change any time soon. At some point I'll try to talk to them, but not over text.

Sunday we had family come over for our house warming. People had asked if we needed anything - and we really don't - but people brought stuff anyways.
    I thought it was really nice of everyone. We had a good turn out also. M and my cousin, and my mum's bff's husband got along really well because they're all in the computer field but not the same thing.
    We made a hypothetical business and because everyone does different things, we could include everyone in different areas of the business lol

My mum gave us our present early - kitty dish towels and a bowl set {large mixing bowl, strainer, mesh bowl, small mixing bowl and a juicer}

My nana - a snowman family figurine, plus $50 - that money is going to go to M and I buying jeans after xmas. M needs jeans desperately and I want a second pair.

Aunt/Uncle/Cousin - ikea gift card, plus a promise to go through tools they have multiples of. M needs to go through my dad's old tools first.

Granny - she made me egg salad {yum!}, gave us a bottle of sparkling wine, a tall boy of M's fave beer and 2 bottle holders in shape of shoes. Not sure where we'll put them, but it'll be nice during holidays.

My mum's bff and her husband - another ikea gift card, plus a shovel lol

M's mum - we already got the BBQ from his mum and stepdad, but she brought a hallmark ornament of a little house that place "Love Shack" by B52's :)

OH! It went from wonderful weather last week - chilly but decent - to winter wonderland. Grrr hate winter. Since Sunday until tonight, we'll have a total of 6 inches. Also discovered we need to look into a screen door to protect the door from snow/ice. Apparently WD40 will help protect it also, so we'll likely have to that this evening.
  • Options
    The weekend went pretty well.  I worked on Friday and DH stayed home alone with his brace.  He was able to get to bathroom on his own but was glad when I was back home to help.

Saturday I was able to get out and get a pedicure.  By that evening, DH was frustrated with the situation and was being unreasonable.  It wasn't a good night in the MNNE household.

Sunday was better.  I made pumpkin muffins, put potato soup in the crockpot and did a mountain of laundry.  We also watched the Vikings win (Yay for DH) and the Packers lose (boo for me).  

Today I'm back at work and got up at 5 AM to get myself ready and then make sure he had help before I had to leave.  Tomorrow he has appointments so I'll take some PTO to go with him.  Only 3 days of work and then a 4 day weekend.

We are going to my aunt's for T-day and I'm bringing a salad so no biggie.  
  • Options
    I have severe pregnancy rhinitis. When I'm sitting up, it drains okay, but when I'm lying down it clogs up and I end up sleeping breathing through my mouth. The air is so dry right now that my inner lip split in three places. I need a humidifier but that means taking it from Mouse and I can't do that to my baby. 

I had planned on making cranberry salad yesterday for lunch Thursday, but I got busy cleaning. I feel so accomplished now even though walking is difficult today. 

I found the lace tablecloth my mom gave me that was my dad's mom's. It's the only thing I have from them since my Aunt & Uncle snuck over and took basically everything else. (Let it go Cat that was 27 years ago). I am so glad I found it because I thought my ex kept it. I did realize that he kept my Harry Potter books which is dumb because he doesn't read. 

H asked me to give him my wish list for Christmas and I have no idea what I want! I know exactly what I'm getting him, though. Do any of you have a hard time asking for gifts?
  • Options
    @TrixieJess  it was 15*C on Saturday here and now all this crap started .... guhhh
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I wouldn't have changed plans either. From your post last week it sounded like you weren't jumping up and down excited to see your friend and her H, anyways. IMO you aren't obligated to change your plans just because they want to leave later.

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger - Our morning started at 15*C and by the time we got home at 3pm it was 2*C. Blech!
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat When all else fails, I usually find a pair of boots or shoes and ask H to get me those for my birthday or Christmas. He's a good gift giver, and usually doesn't need suggestions but shoes are my go-to when he's feeling stumped. 

• Options
    @DrillSergeantCat  On the gift thing, yes! I've told people past few years to just to gift cards for certain stores because it's easier for some. I had to tell M gift cards, but he asked for some specifics on certain stores - so I just check site on things I would likely buy with my gift card.

@MNNEBride  speedy recovery for your H!

@charlotte989875  I don't blame you on saying no. They changed it last minute, and I would have said no also {I also despise last minute plans/changes} When you said no, did they ask why or did you offer a why?
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger - Our morning started at 15*C and by the time we got home at 3pm it was 2*C. Blech!
    Ew. :( Boo this time of year! Last winter - despite record breaking snow fall in February - I loved that we had zero snow for so long! lol
  • Options
    Oh side note, this is the second year our city's team is in the Grey Cup! We did really well so there's hope :) M was super happy! {he couldn't go to the game because of house warming lol}
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @charlotte989875 I wouldn't have changed plans either. From your post last week it sounded like you weren't jumping up and down excited to see your friend and her H, anyways. IMO you aren't obligated to change your plans just because they want to leave later.
    I was not super excited to see them TBH. We used to be super close, a lot of shit went down and our friendship isn't/won't ever be the same. I get the sense that she's trying, but maybe I'm still holding a grudge? 

@charlotte989875  I don't blame you on saying no. They changed it last minute, and I would have said no also {I also despise last minute plans/changes} When you said no, did they ask why or did you offer a why?
    I really hate last minute changes, it drives me crazy, especially when this had been planned for weeks. And there was no real reason they needed to leave later, they just didn't feel like it. 

I told them H had made plans for us based off of what they original timing was. She tried to convince us to change/cancel our plans, but at that point I pretty much just said it wasn't going to work out. It was the last weekend he and I were going to get to spend together for a while, so I really didn't want to change. I know that we could have and it was just the two of us, not like we were meeting other people or anything, but still. 

Maybe I'm being petty. 
  • Options
    The Mr. and I did home improvement all weekend--and he hurt himself throwing at fit over something not working--didn't need stitches in his finger, but it might have been close to it.

Now I'm off to Menards for the thigns we're lacking
  • Options

Morning, WW.

That sounds like a huge disaster @Heffalump!

The weekend was good. I got groceries Saturday and then went to dinner with a friend. Then we went back to my house and had girl talk and drank all the wine. It was a lot of fun.

Yesterday was church, nap, cooking, and lots of TV time. It was great to have nothing to do.

As of right now I honestly have no idea what I'm doing for Thanksgiving for the first time in my life. DH can't come home for the holiday. My cousins are throwing a huge Thanksgiving party (that's really what it feels like) in Knoxville. It's getting bigger and bigger every year. We used to have Thanksgiving as a family, but now they invite all kinds of random people and it just feels very impersonal and chaotic. Originally, I was supposed to go up there with my mom and grandparents. As of last week my grandma has suddenly reached the stage in her Alzheimer's where she can no longer control her bowels, so she's having accidents all the time. My granddad keeps wavering on whether or not he wants to go to Knoxville with or without her, or if he just wants to stay home. My grandma doesn't want to go because the crowd gives her extreme anxiety and she is (understandably) nervous that she will have an accident and be embarrassed. As of this morning granddad wants to go anyways and take my grandma. My mom doesn't want to go to Knoxville now because she doesn't want to deal with the crowd and the stress. So she's saying I can drive the grandparents up there and bring her food back. If I do that I'll have to take her car because mine is a 2 door and DH's truck is too tall for my grandparents to climb up into. It's just a huge cluster and at this point I don't even want to do anything at all. I'm pretty much over it.

The bottom line is nobody on my mom's side of the family is willing to bend their plans. Realistically, we may only have my grandparents for a couple more Thanksgivings. But it doesn't fit into their "vision" to do something smaller and more intimate so they just pretend like it's just like the old days when the grandparents were healthy and enjoyed things like this. It's really making me sad that they are willing to potentially sacrifice spending time with them because they'd rather have a huge holiday bash.

That's a bummer @thefanciestbeckler, holidays are hard enough to manage, but for your grandma to be worried about an accident and not attend has got to be even harder. 

The bolded would infuriate me. I get that Friendsgiving is a thing now, but maybe because neither H nor I have any living grandparents, I'd be thrilled to be able to spend time with them. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875  what happened before that caused a strain in the relationship? Sounds like it's a mix of "didn't want to see them" and "didn't want to change plans" {I get like that also}
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I wouldn't have done anything differently.  For the woman who IS my BFF, yeah, probably, but for someone who has drifted so far out of my life like that, no chance.  Plans made in advance are not subject to revision.

@ShesSoCold, I will have to try a humidifer, thanks for the suggestion!  Do you have a brand you recommend?  DH swears by nasal sprays, @OliveOilsMom, but I have a weird thing about things up my nose. I may have to just put my big girl panties on, though.  The inside of my nose hurts.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @AtomicBlonde I hate spraying things up my nose, too. There's a gel called Ayr that I prefer. You still have to stick something up your nose, but it's a finger or q-tip and this stuff stays in place instead of running down your throat.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875  what happened before that caused a strain in the relationship? Sounds like it's a mix of "didn't want to see them" and "didn't want to change plans" {I get like that also}
    Definitely a mix. 

LSS she was a bridezilla who said/did some super hurtful things. 

Long story: I lived OOT from where my late-May wedding was, my MOH lived in that town and was planning her wedding for September (she sent her date in late April). When I came home (about a week and a half before my wedding) she wanted to BM dress shop for her wedding. We did and it went badly. I went a second time with her, and it went better. Also, during that time I told her I couldn't travel home anymore that summer because I had two family weddings, an international work trip/honeymoon, big work project, and working full time, and since her wedding was on short notice I couldn't come back for a shower/bachelorette unless it was on the weekend I was already planning to be back in town, because we couldn't afford any more trips. 

Well she reacted badly, said I was ruining her wedding planning because I couldn't go dress shopping a third time with all of her BM's and she wanted the "SYTTD" dress experience of picking out her BM dresses. She said I was a terrible person because I could only offer to host a shower on the weekend I was going to be home and wouldn't come home another weekend for her, when she had done so much planning for my shower (she did, but it was a mess because she tried to kick my SIL out of planning the shower and refused to talk to her, even at the wedding because my SIL thought some of the shower decorations/invites/favors were too expensive. She said she knew I couldn't kick her out of the WP, but that I should because she was terrible. Which all went down over email the day I was moving houses). She said I was selfish and a bad friend because I couldn't drop things and help her plan her wedding, she said she didn't want to be in my wedding anymore, and that I was ruining her wedding and that I was a terrible person. She said I was crushing all of her wedding dreams and ruining everything for her. 

We eventually talked, she came to the wedding. I was a MOH in her wedding, but I've distanced myself from her significantly since then. I see her when I go home, mainly because her H is best friends with my sister's H so we all end up in the same place.