Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

2»

Re: Monday!

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom  did you name your plant Hector? :')

I did not name my plant Hector.  He was gifted to one of the partners in my department by his mother when he made partner.  We were moving offices and this plant was not to come with us, so I took him home.  I'm not sure who actually named him Hector though, that's just how I always knew him!  He is a pretty big plant too, which is why it will be tricky to find a new home for him!
  • Options

Thanks everyone for the hugs and well wishes for my grandma. You guys are the best.

OOM - I love that wreath. It's so cute! And I also meant to tell you that I love the Impractical Jokers gif in your siggy. DH and I love watching that show together. It gets me crying I'm laughing so hard.

In other news, my boss just came in my office to tell me something and very obviously looked straight down at my boobs before looking at my face. I am so creeped out right now. He is so gross. I was totally caught off guard and I'm horrible at coming up with things to say in the moment. In hindsight I would have said "You can come back and talk to me when you can keep your eyes on my face". Yuck.

• Options

GBCK - Hugs to you.  I hope your mom can get her meds straightened out quickly. 

SSC - Hugs for your sad anniversary.

TFB - We love that show too!  Watch it entirely too much!  I've been on the look out for a Joe head turn and stare at the camera, but haven't found one I've liked yet.  IJ posted that one to FB and I just had to use it! 

• Options
    @OliveOilsMom  did you name your plant Hector? :')

I did not name my plant Hector.  He was gifted to one of the partners in my department by his mother when he made partner.  We were moving offices and this plant was not to come with us, so I took him home.  I'm not sure who actually named him Hector though, that's just how I always knew him!  He is a pretty big plant too, which is why it will be tricky to find a new home for him!
    Ah makes sense.
    Can't help but giggle at "That's just how I always knew him" sentence lol
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @GBCK
  • Options
    @sparklepants41, congrats! uber exciting! 

Saturday I went to a framing place to get my wedding shadowbox done.  I was floored at the pricing and could have downsized the matte and frame, but ended up going with the expensive stuff because it's going to look so great. ugh!

I completely forgot about show #2 in my season pkg until Saturday and we bought a $100 ticket (ironically enough beside mine) for hubby. I wish I had forgotten about it, and saved us the parking, the downtown dinner and extra ticket.  The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night-Time.  We left during intermission, and we were NOT the only ones.  Aside from it being terribly boring, the child abuse, infidelity and dog killing really turned me off on it.  I didn't read what it was about though, so it's my fault.  I went into it blindly.  Never again. 

And today - found out SIL is in labor ;) 
    We are going this Saturday. I read the book years ago but don't remember all that! I have also heard good things about it. DD and SIL aren't going with us (probably a good thing). We are also celebrating DD's birthday this weekend when we are there.
  • Options
    I may be in the minority (but I swear, people were walking out....unless they were going behind the building to smoke even though smokers were out in front?) but I was NOT feeling it.  Maybe I should have stuck around?  We spent $225 to see it, but the thought of sitting there for another 1+ hour was torture in my mind.  I'm also one for musicals - not plays. 

• Options
    I may be in the minority (but I swear, people were walking out....unless they were going behind the building to smoke even though smokers were out in front?) but I was NOT feeling it.  Maybe I should have stuck around?  We spent $225 to see it, but the thought of sitting there for another 1+ hour was torture in my mind.  I'm also one for musicals - not plays. 

I watched a comedy play, though not a musical, that was based on the book/movie "50 Shades of Gray".  Luckily, I had free tickets and was "graced" with first tier seating.  However, it was a very small theater and it was TERRIBLE.  The actors did a good job.  But the writing was so bad.  It was supposed to be funny.  But it wasn't.  It was just dumb and corny.  My H and I were just bored to tears.    We kept looking around us.  Liked caged animals.  Trying to figure out how to escape without it being super obvious we were walking out.  But it was impossible because we were so far up front.  So we grinned and beared it, because we would have felt like jerks otherwise.  Fortunately, it wasn't a long enough play to have an intermission.

I still, to this day, don't know how they could have made a play about sex and S&M so lame and boring.  However, they somehow accomplished that.  Sarcastic Kudos.

Random coincidence.  I watched the "50 Shades of Gray" movie for the first time this last weekend.  SPOILER ALERT:  I liked it until the very end.  The ending seemed very disjointed and abrupt.  Like, the producers were unaware of the time and were suddenly, "Oh s**t, we're already past two hours.  Skip to the end and cut out enormous pieces of the story."  I haven't read the book, so I guess I can't really say.  But the "flow" of the movie was really off.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations again, @sparklepants41!

Hugs to you, @thefanciestbeckler and @GBCK, and healing vibes for your mom, @DrillSergeantCat!
  • Options
    DrGlitter - Almost $700!  That's crazy!  I hope you can get it straightened out!   If the tree company had the area properly checked by all utilities, its not their fault.  But if the cable line wasn't as low as it was supposed to be, its the cable companies' fault.  If you have problems fighting the cable company, utilize the board of public utilities.  It's their job to go to bat for you when you have issues with utility companies.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @sparklepants41 though it's been awhile, we have a tradition of naming the fetus around here.  Do you have a preference yet?
    LOL. H & I have named it Beans - because that was our dog's nickname. If Beans works here too, then lets call him/her/them?? Beans!!
    Congrats - also, great for when you're all like, "damn it - Beans gave me gas again!"
  • Options
    @drglitter I love your ugly Christmas sweater wrapping paper!  That is awesome!
  • Options

@drglitter, fight the good fight!  I despise my cable company (Cox), but they have a monopoly in my area, if you want cable as opposed to satellite.

They are total scammers at every turn and I'm picking up that vibe with yours.  Every time I've moved, it's been the same thing.  I contact them to open an account for my new address and turn the service on.  But I don't need an "install", because the lines are already there.

I have to argue with them for 20 minutes about that, until I've finally "convinced" them I don't need the install.  The tech turns the service on.  Never sets foot in my house.  And I get charged $150 for the installation.  I call again.  This time, I have to argue for 30-45 minutes to have the charge reversed and use "catch phrases" that my H taught me to hammer home that an install was neither needed nor done.  THREE times over the years.  It has been this EXACT scenario.

Unfortunately, I have many more examples of their unabashed money grubbing, nickel and diming b.s., but I won't bore you all. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @OliveOilsMom and @short+sassy. I'm pretty sure the cable company is just hoping I'd just pay it and not even think about it. Not going to happen.

@kimmiinthemitten thanks! I bought it from the kids next door's school fundraiser.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers