Luxury Weddings

What did you splurge on?

So what did you  (or do you plan to) splurge on, and by how much?

I have an extra $250 in my accessories budget (since I'm borrowing all my jewelry), and I'm not getting a MUA for the day of, so I think I'm going to have a shopping spree at Sephora to upgrade my make-up for the day of  

Re: What did you splurge on?

• We splurged on our honeymoon. Upgraded to top stateroom on our river cruise, first class airfare and did whatever we wanted for activities/food. Our wedding was way under budget so we had lots of wiggle room to apply to our honeymoon. We paid for everything so were able to make all the decisions.
  • edited February 2017
    Our splurges are FW's dress (which actually was pretty inexpensive but needed some alterations and may need more before we get married) and food. If we do the big wedding after all, we're going to offer a little more than cake and punch, and if we do the private wedding, we're taking our officiant and photographer somewhere nice.

ETA: Oh, and we might go on an Ulta shopping spree.
  • IYAM, our entire wedding XD but I would say the one thing I really splurged on for myself was this gorgeous belt for my dress. I know you can find beautiful ones for 50-100$, but I spent more than 300 on mine. *winces*it's just...so...pretty.
  • Food and the top-shelf booze offered by our venue. It was $160 a head plus service charge and tax. Maybe in cities in general that doesn't sound like much (perspective) but I know people whose food/drink bill was more like $20 a head. 
    I also bought designer shoes to go with my off-the-rack wedding dress, so comparatively speaking the shoes were a splurge! 

• I don't really think it was a splurge since we got a great price, but most of our money that went into the wedding was for food and alcohol.  We opted for premium open bar because we knew our guests would appreciate that more than anything.  And they did. 

• Splurging for a dance floor rental! My mom and FI were really against it and thought it was a place we could save money, but if we don't have it then people would be dancing on concrete. I think the dance floor will really encourage the party type atmosphere we are hoping for! 
  • Splurging for a dance floor rental! My mom and FI were really against it and thought it was a place we could save money, but if we don't have it then people would be dancing on concrete. I think the dance floor will really encourage the party type atmosphere we are hoping for! 
    Will it be easier on your guests too? Just curious, I know rental companies offer them but have never danced on one. Concrete is hard on the feet and knees.
    Will it be easier on your guests too? Just curious, I know rental companies offer them but have never danced on one. Concrete is hard on the feet and knees.
    Yes! I think it will be much better for the guests to dance on the dance floor than it would be to dance on concrete. I went against the grain on this one and lowered my dress budget so that I could afford the dance floor. It was a must-have for me. Hopefully it all turns out as planned! 
  • I personally will splurge on the food since I love trying different kinds of delicacies. dance floor is a great idea though
  • The venue. I wanted a beach wedding, but also wanted it to be unique and convient. Its the only location in the area with tall palm trees lining the aisleway, along with a private walkway to the ceremony site.
    Reception room with a patio overlooking the ocean. And my own Maryln Monroe inspired glamour room to get me and the girls ready! Costed way more than i wanted to pay but so worth what we are getting! 
  • I would spend it on having more food or better quality food, since I myself and my friends and family are all food lovers
  • nassyv12nassyv12 member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    So what did you  (or do you plan to) splurge on, and by how much?

I have an extra $250 in my accessories budget (since I'm borrowing all my jewelry), and I'm not getting a MUA for the day of, so I think I'm going to have a shopping spree at Sephora to upgrade my make-up for the day of  
    That sounds like an awesome use of spare budget. 

When i get my chance i'll probably be splurging on the BM & GM gifts as I'm a sucker for buying presents.
  • So far the splurge item (ie we didn’t need to do this at all for the wedding) has been renting out a private luxury villa in the south of France for a week before the wedding to enjoy. 
  • I want to splurge on my dress!! I’m a fashionista and a first generation Italian American and I love Valentino and Oscar de la Renta as well as the Eastern European designer Galia Lahav. Shoes will be ideally Christian Louboutin silver slingbacks (so I can wear them again) or maybe even Salvatore Ferragamo.  We are not exactly rolling in the dough tho, and I have no idea if I can pull this off! I’ve looked into resale sites and sample sales - even then, it may not be affordable for me and I don’t want to be selfish and do it at the expense of stuff that might make the wedding better or more fun for our guests - OR at the expense of our honeymoon fund! 

I guess I’ll have to play it by ear and see what deals I can find. If nothing else, I’ll at least splurge on the shoes! If I do end up with a lower-priced dress, I hope at least it’ll be something original and unique! I’m not a David’s bridal type of gal - at all lol