Wedding Woes
Options

S-Town people!

2»

Re: S-Town people!

• Options
    Hi everyone! I made it to V the other day but might finish today.

do you believe the cousins or Tyler?
    I don't think Tyler is going about things the right way but I do think he is entitled to more than nothing. John is recorded saying he wants to leave Tyler and his brother something when he dies. Cousin says she feels bad because this isn't the type of person she is but IT IS!!! Why not let Tyler just have the buses of wood and what not? She is being petty af, imo. 
    do you think there is gold? 
    Probably, maybe. Idk where though.

I have other questions and thoughts, about the will, Johns friends and why they weren't called, about Mary Grace, and such. But I am kind of hung over from last night so I can't concentrate of posting, lol.

overall I really enjoy this podcast

Cousins vs. Tyler: I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.  I think John genuinely cared for Tyler, and while the relationship seems pretty lopsided (to me, so far), I don't think Tyler was 100% using John--I think he had real affection for him.  But why didn't John leave a will???  For someone who went to the trouble of writing up a suicide note, a list of people to call, instructions for the town clerk, etc., not having a will is awfully unusual. 

Like Brian, Rita was swaying me quite a bit, until "then just cut off his nipples!"  Me, in the car:

That noise Brian made?  That was me, too.  Also, the reports of Mary Grace going to Gatlinburg to see the leaves change and whatnot?  I kind of want to see a photo of Mary Grace holding today's paper, LOL.  Just to be sure.

It feels like everyone is working their angle, trying to take advantage of John's death.  The town clerk, Tyler, Rita, all of them.  I kind of hate that they're partially vindicating John's Shit Town world view.  Maybe it's because I've been listening all week and it's affecting my attitude, but they all seem sketchy, to varying degrees.

I think there is probably gold somewhere, although I'm not confident that it will be found in the course of the podcast. 

Nomination for best southern lawyer name of 2017:  Boozer Downs.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I made it to V the other day but might finish today.

do you believe the cousins or Tyler?
    I don't think Tyler is going about things the right way but I do think he is entitled to more than nothing. John is recorded saying he wants to leave Tyler and his brother something when he dies. Cousin says she feels bad because this isn't the type of person she is but IT IS!!! Why not let Tyler just have the buses of wood and what not? She is being petty af, imo. 
    do you think there is gold? 
    Probably, maybe. Idk where though.

I have other questions and thoughts, about the will, Johns friends and why they weren't called, about Mary Grace, and such. But I am kind of hung over from last night so I can't concentrate of posting, lol.

overall I really enjoy this podcast

I have so many thoughts on this. 

1) I think the truth is somewhere in between. Clearly the cousins were not close with John, and Tyler was, so when she's like "who is this guy, why is he calling her (Mary Grace) Mama?" I think that was super shady. Like, you're not here you don't know their relationship. And why not try to work with him at all? I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that maybe he doesn't "look" like someone she thinks is "reputable". And I agree she's being super petty with his stuff. And the "titty rings" is just weird. She wants to give them to his mother? Just no. 

But at the same time Tyler probably shouldn't have gone back to the property. I totally see why he did it, but it just gives the cousins more ammunition, you know? 

2) Gold. I think there's gold. I think Tyler might know where some of it is. I think maybe Faye knows where some is. I doubt anyone knows where all of it is. I'm guess the woods. And maybe in the "dungeons"? I don't know. 

3) Overall I liked it. I feel conflicted about episodes VI and VII, about whether some of the stuff should have been in there. 
  • Options
    Oh, Ch. VI is sad, but in a different way. 
    I just finished and yeah--in its way, at least as sad as chapter 2/3.
  • Options
    Wow.  Kendall Burt from K3 Lumber is a real jackhole.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    I know!!! 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    Oh yah, he's a big asshole. That whole thing makes me think the cousins were definitely just in it for the money. 
  • Options
    That's so cool.