Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photos and Video Recommendation

I have been looking for affordable photographer and videography for our wedding and I have found that most prices are $2000 or above. We cannot afford this and I'm hoping for recommendations on a company for our wedding. I would really like a video or highlights of our wedding. Tampa, FL
Thanks in advance!

Re: Photos and Video Recommendation

• Options
    This is an international board.  We have no idea where you are located.  You might want to post on your local board for local recommendations, but if you are including video services, $2000 is a good price.

Videography is a frill, and you can do without it.  Most married ladies will tell you that they don't look at their video often.  Also, formats change, and the DVD you have today may be obsolete in twenty years.  Photos, though, are important, and can be displayed in the home. 
    Most people would recommend looking for a photography student at a local college to do your photos.  Someone who is just starting out in the business might do a very nice job for you. 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Do you have any friends in your city who have recently gotten married (or had a baby?). They may have suggestions for you. Ditto checking at local schools or colleges. Sometimes student photographers also post ads on Craigslist. If you find a photographer you like but their cheapest package is too expensive, sometimes they are willing to remove items you don't need for a lower cost, but it depends on the photographer and (I would assume) when your wedding is. They may be slightly less flexible during peak wedding season.