Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

Yesterday was crazy, but I felt ridiculously unproductive.  

We have to go to a meeting Friday to discuss DefConn's reading issues.  He's been behind, and he's catching up, but not fast enough.  I've also wondered off and on if he's dyslexic because of some of his habits, and difficulties, when reading.   So hopefully, we can decide on a course of action, testing, etc and get him on the right path forward.  

In other news, he may be moving schools next year.  I'm hoping not, because he'll be so stressed about it, but we'll deal with it. 

I started watching Marvelous Mrs. Maisel because someone on here said they liked it (plus it won Golden Globes).  I. Love. IT!  

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    edited January 2018
    @mrsconn23 Hopefully you get some answers for DefConn :) at least you'll know what to do if you know what's going on.
    How come he may move schools??

Saturday we got a bunch of baby stuff. Swing - vibrates, moves, etc - another type of more 'stand still' swing if baby hates the other, or need a temp spot to place, 3 wheeled stroller {OMFG THE WHEELS!! It'll be great in the winter! :) } breast pump, carrier for baby wearing {M already tried it on, he's confirmed it's good cuz he can still fish with it. LOL!} plus a couple other small things.
    Definitely helpful :)

I think we're getting another stroller, and if we do then likely that will go to my mum's place. M's parents are close enough we can lend them ours if needed. I believe a carseat is coming to us at some point as well.

Afterwards, my mum and I went to the dollar store and Rockin' Johnnys {baby loves milkshakes lol which is great, because so do I ;) }

I started feeling run down, so I took a bath and relaxed that night.

Sunday I woke up feeling like hell. Likely a sinus infection, but nothing much I can take. I had off and on mild fever. Ended up taking off the Monday for rest and not to infect rest of office.

Tuesday we had gas company come. We're getting a rebate from them that's like $450 higher than originally anticipated :) A good chunk of that is going towards M's debt. We're waiting until after the shower to see what to do with rest - in case we need something or whatever.

I feel like nesting may have begun. I cleaned my house and omg it's soooo great! :)
    I'm waiting until nicer weather to do a serious mop of the floors. I have method cleaner, which is great but I want a deeper clean. Spring is spin mop time!!

edit:
    Forgot to mention. Baby has been pretty active lately :) Past 2 days when I lay with my stomach towards M's back, baby kicks a lot.

Also it's starting to notice on the outside!!! Subtle, but like little popcorn pops lol
  • Options

New school will be complete by next school year, so they're redistricting. It's right next to DefConn's school (they're actually going to be connected).  I'm hoping he either stays in his school or goes to the new one. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

New school will be complete by next school year, so they're redistricting. It's right next to DefConn's school (they're actually going to be connected).  I'm hoping he either stays in his school or goes to the new one. 
    Hopefully regardless he has an easy transition. Have you talked to his friends parents? I know when my boss' daughter was potentially looking at having to move schools {same deal as DefConn} she ended up talking to the other mom's to see who was moving, etc etc.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

Hopefully regardless he has an easy transition. Have you talked to his friends parents? I know when my boss' daughter was potentially looking at having to move schools {same deal as DefConn} she ended up talking to the other mom's to see who was moving, etc etc.
    We are the.worst because we don't really know the parents of the kids really.  We've seen a few parents here and there, but we really don't *know* know anyone.  That's why we got him into jiujitsu, so he can have an activity, meet new kids, and we can socialize with some parents.  I have a friend on the PTA (not called that in our school, but it's the same function) and I'm going to talk to her about how they chopped up the lines.  
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, I binged Mrs Maisel in a weekend.  So good!  GL with the upcoming meeting.
    @misskittydanger, NICE rebate! 

Last week Macy's had a 50% off housewares sale so I finally bought a kitchenaid that I have been eyeing for years.  the cheapest model because I've just started to bake a lot. I will probably make a batch of cookies with it tomorrow for DH (since i can't have any  :'( ).  2 years ago I overspent on a pasta machine (also Macy's) because I was SO SURE I was going to make pasta once a week. I used it twice, but it's the "throw shit in" and it mixes and rolls for you.....so now I'm wondering if i should give it to my mom or my friend and just buy the kitchenaid pasta attachment?  What say you knotties? 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

We are the.worst because we don't really know the parents of the kids really.  We've seen a few parents here and there, but we really don't *know* know anyone.  That's why we got him into jiujitsu, so he can have an activity, meet new kids, and we can socialize with some parents.  I have a friend on the PTA (not called that in our school, but it's the same function) and I'm going to talk to her about how they chopped up the lines.  
    No judgement. That's gonna be us likely lol

At least you know someone on PTA ;) Knowing people in there is key element I hear!
  • Options
    @CharmedPam Right!? It makes me so glad we opted to get a new furnace last summer instead of waiting ;)

I'd wait to see how much you use the kitchenaide, but I think buying the attachment and giving the other away to someone would be a good idea :)
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger sounds like you got a lot of good useful stuff!  Just a thought on the stroller, did you register for 2 regular strollers or just think you will end up getting 2? If they are both similar styles you might think of returning one and buying a used one to keep for grandparents unless you think they will be watching the baby enough to need a nice, new one. 
  • Options
    Oh man, we just found out that our tenants mother passed away last night from a stroke.  We want to send them something, but something useful like food (family of 5!).  they live in a really small town and nothing local will deliver.  Do you think sending them Giordano's frozen pizzas for a sympathy thought is inappropriate?  Around these parts I could send ready made meals but like I said, very small town in IN and nothing like that around there - maybe a sympathy basket from amazon?

• Options
    @kvruns No my coworker mentioned she has a stroller she doesn't need anymore and said she'll give it to me {plus a bunch of other stuff since her daughter is now 2}
    Both are in excellent condition, you'd never guess that they'd been used by kids lol
  • Options
    Oh man, we just found out that our tenants mother passed away last night from a stroke.  We want to send them something, but something useful like food (family of 5!).  they live in a really small town and nothing local will deliver.  Do you think sending them Giordano's frozen pizzas for a sympathy thought is inappropriate?  Around these parts I could send ready made meals but like I said, very small town in IN and nothing like that around there - maybe a sympathy basket from amazon?
    I think you could send them a gift card to a local restaurant or even grocery store with a condolence note that says “if I were nearby I would have stopped by with a casserole, but since I can’t I hope this helps in this difficult time.”  Frozen pizza doesn’t feel right to me. 
  • Options
    @kvruns No my coworker mentioned she has a stroller she doesn't need anymore and said she'll give it to me {plus a bunch of other stuff since her daughter is now 2}
    Both are in excellent condition, you'd never guess that they'd been used by kids lol
    that's awesome! I just know some people end up registering for, and getting, multiples of things and then have almost brand new items sitting unused with grandparents
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    that's awesome! I just know some people end up registering for, and getting, multiples of things and then have almost brand new items sitting unused with grandparents
    If we still get the 2nd stroller, we're giving it to my mum since she lives further. M's mum and stepdad live 10mins away, so if need be we have no issues bringing ours to them - plus they drive and my mum doesn't

Multiples on stuff is super useful :)
  • Options
    Weird question for those with kids

M is looking at youtube stuff. More science related things, fun things that kids would enjoy.

What kind of stuff would your kids be in to? {I know there's a variety of ages here, so everything welcome!}
  • Options

M is looking at youtube stuff. More science related things, fun things that kids would enjoy.

What kind of stuff would your kids be in to? {I know there's a variety of ages here, so everything welcome!}
    What?!? You don’t even have a kid, pediatricians still recommend no screen time under 18 months, and YouTube changes constantly. This is just silliness!
  • Options

We got some snow today, but just a sprinkling.  Just enough to make everything look pretty!  The roads were brined, so it wasn't laying in the streets too much, just some side roads.

Last night was good.  We got my car back and it only needed a battery!  Woot woot!  The mystery problem wasn't as devious as it could be!  I skipped yoga because my instructor wasn't coming in, she had a bad car accident last week and was still feeling sore.  The ladies were going to stream a yoga video in the seminar room, but since we had to pick up the car, I just went home to make our evening lest hectic.

Tonight H has a dentist appointment after work.  So I will pick up DD from daycare.  He normally still would, but they have a main road closed and his commute has gone crazy.  So if he doesn't have to pick up DD after the dentist, he can avoid that road.  I will try to get in a yoga class tonight, but my neck is bothering me like crazy.  I must have slept wrong.  I've been trying to stretch it out while I'm sitting at my desk, but its not helping too much.

• Options
    edited January 2018

What?!? You don’t even have a kid, pediatricians still recommend no screen time under 18 months, and YouTube changes constantly. This is just silliness!
    I have a lot of friends who have kids. This isn't for our kid, since it's way too early anyways.

edit
    For reference, yes I've already asked them. Just getting variety of ideas
  • Options

@mrsconn23 we've been through two redistrictings.  The biggest thing I have learned is that kids feed off of their parents.  Have a positive attitude to DefConn and he will have one too.  If you do move, suggest to your PTA friend they host a meet and greet for redistricted students.  I'm sorry he's struggling with reading.

@MissKittyDanger what are you looking for?  Age and interest is too out there for anyone to help you.

@CharmedPam- no frozen pizza.  They may not have room to store it.  They still have to bake it.  Overall just no.  A card would be much better.  Is there a local grocery store? They may be able to put together a tray and deliver it.  Amazon usually has some nice towers of food too.  Healthy things they could pick at or put out when people come over.

MY KIDS ARE AT SCHOOL!!!  I worked out this am, but still did a 30 dance workout because THERE WAS NOBODY HERE TO LAUGH AT ME!!  Dinner is prepped, cookies made, muffins made, worked.  It's AMAZING what I can get done when nobody is in my way.

• Options
    @6fsn Depending on the age. Experiments they'd think are interesting I think is what he's hoping to start with. Would kids enjoy something that's simple {cornstarch & water - right mix and it's a liquid when you run your finger through it slowly, but if you punch it it'll be a solid} or is that too easy?

He's thinking stuff that parents may wanna also try out at home with the kids - so parent and kid friendly

ps - YAY KIDS IN SCHOOL!!!
  • Options
    SSDD here. We just had a bereavement counselor in to help staff with how to support our colleague and friend with when she comes back to work. Other than that not too much. 

My marathon training is picking up and I'm trying to figure out how and when to get runs in. I seriously don't know how people get up to run at 5 in the morning. I'm not about that life. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 for about a year I used to do all of my weekday runs at 5am (or maybe it was 530) on the TM at the gym (because I wanted to go to certain workout classes at night). Once i got into the routine it wasn't a big deal but then again I've never been one to be able to sleep in past like 630 so it wasn't a huge deal. But once I got out of the habit it then became a big chore to get up that early for anything. 
  • Options
    Hello - Babypants is doing a lot better thanks to amoxicillin. And no sign of any type of allergy to the meds either, so there's another win right there!

We are getting snow today - a "snowstorm" that was way overhyped (shocking, I know). The most we are going to get in the Boston area I think is about 3". And yet there are people who didn't come into the office today because of "all the snow we are getting." This is New England, people! It's a measly 3"!! If people around here can't handle that, then maybe it's a good thing they stayed home lol. 

Other than that, SSDD. I've been up since 3:30 again, so I am really looking forward to jammies and an early bedtime tonight!
  • Options
    Hello - Babypants is doing a lot better thanks to amoxicillin. And no sign of any type of allergy to the meds either, so there's another win right there!

We are getting snow today - a "snowstorm" that was way overhyped (shocking, I know). The most we are going to get in the Boston area I think is about 3". And yet there are people who didn't come into the office today because of "all the snow we are getting." This is New England, people! It's a measly 3"!! If people around here can't handle that, then maybe it's a good thing they stayed home lol. 

Other than that, SSDD. I've been up since 3:30 again, so I am really looking forward to jammies and an early bedtime tonight!
    ooohyeah.  this cannot be new to them!  

• Options
    kvruns said:
    @charlotte989875 for about a year I used to do all of my weekday runs at 5am (or maybe it was 530) on the TM at the gym (because I wanted to go to certain workout classes at night). Once i got into the routine it wasn't a big deal but then again I've never been one to be able to sleep in past like 630 so it wasn't a huge deal. But once I got out of the habit it then became a big chore to get up that early for anything. 
    I love sleeping. I would sleep all the time if I could, which is probably why I'm having trouble getting up to run in the morning. I'm a terrible sleeper so the early morning just doesn't seem to work for me. My gym also doesn't open until 8, so that's not enough time to get a run in and get to work on time. 

Maybe once it's nicer out I'll try to run in the morning. The treadmill is getting really old. 
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 Yay to no allergy! I know a few people with allergies to that and it's a nightmare when they get sick!
    Yay to BabyPants feeling better :)

You deserve a nap. <3
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2018
    kvruns said:
    I love sleeping. I would sleep all the time if I could, which is probably why I'm having trouble getting up to run in the morning. I'm a terrible sleeper so the early morning just doesn't seem to work for me. My gym also doesn't open until 8, so that's not enough time to get a run in and get to work on time. 

Maybe once it's nicer out I'll try to run in the morning. The treadmill is getting really old. 
    This is me. I am just not a morning person. It's incredible how different I feel even waking up at 8 compared to 6. I have a friend who wakes up at 4 am every morning so she can go to the gym before work. I can't do it. Just can't. 

Today I have school. I'm still a little sick but I feel way better. The cats are assholes though and they kept us up all night. And Jack has figured out how to open closed doors. Noooo. 

• Options
    We ended up with an amazon prime cheese/crackers and cookie basket.  Plus we know it'll get there on Friday.  I was thinking pizza because it's something they can easily pop into the oven and feed a larger family, but it didn't seem really good to me either.  They're town is in the middle of NO WHERE. It was hard to find something!

• Options
    levioosa said:
    kvruns said:

This is me. I am just not a morning person. It's incredible how different I feel even waking up at 8 compared to 6. I have a friend who wakes up at 4 am every morning so she can go to the gym before work. I can't do it. Just can't. 

Today I have school. I'm still a little sick but I feel way better. The cats are assholes though and they kept us up all night. And Jack has figured out how to open closed doors. Noooo. 
    Boo to still being sick.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I just can't do it. Good for people who can, not for me. 
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    kvruns said:

Boo to still being sick.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I just can't do it. Good for people who can, not for me. 
    I have a hard enough time getting up and getting ready. I can't imagine being up earlier to work out lol not for me either
  • Options
    Lately I noticed that if I sleep through the night (starting around 11 pm) I can get up at 6 to go on the treadmill.  But if I wake up for some reason, and lose 1 hour or so, then I automatically put my alarm to 7 and worry about the workout later.