Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

It's raining today and I'm already in a "drop to the ground and cry" type mood.  Hopefully it clears up.

No big plans for the weekend except community work.  My co-chair of the last 2 years had to step down and the new co-chair is just not becoming a team leader.  It's exhausting to deal with him.  So, I've just started treating him like another committee member and moving on.  Things have to be accomplished and if I'm picking up your slack, I don't have time to baby you.

Re: Friday

• Options
    It's sunny today, but we're getting that rain you have later tonight and tomorrow.  Rain always makes me so blerg-y. 

I'm going to Les Mis tomorrow with my mom and sisters.  Other than that, not much is on tap and that is fine by me.  The weather is kind of iffy. 

I'm so ready for spring break.  Even though we're not going anywhere, having a break from the school grind/routine will be nice.  
  • Options

I hope it clears up too, Varuna!

Happy St. Urho's Tay, everyone!

So, H called his brother last night and he actually came over and hung out for a while. It was nice. His GF could go into labor any time now so he's excited. BIL seemed surprised that we wanted to know when they went to the hospital and that, if they wanted us there, that we'd go to the hospital whenever they want us to. before, after, the next day, whatever.

it's nice to see H figuring out what his adult relationships look like with his siblings. I know it was awkward for me with my 2 older siblings for a while when I was in my early 20s.

Tomorrow I've got my annual (ugh) and making the corned beef I've been brining all week. Depending on what we hear from BIL, we might invite my dad over. Then Sunday my sister and I are going to the Blackhawks game and we're also doing this fancy dinner before with some retired players. Should be fun!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    awww hope the day gets better for you, @VarunaTT. I get in those moods from time to time.

Nothing for me this weekend.  Cashing in on one of my mani/pedi's I got as a Christmas gift tomorrow and then that's it.  H and I were supposed to take out his friend who helped him move but his scheudle got changed up, and he'll more than likely be working now.  Maybe Sunday night.  This is how my life is with his damn schedule.  Thankfully, his friend works with him too so knows allllll about it.

• Options
    @mrsconn23, I love love LOVE les mis.  I'd see it again in a heartbeat.  First time for you? enjoy!
    @ShessoCold, so exciting for a new baby.  Do they know the sex of it?  Jealous of your weekend.  I only go to hawks games now when I don't have to pay for them (ie: win them...which was once).

• Options

It's a boy! I told BIL that I'd give him $1,000 if the baby is born today and he names him Urho (today is a made-up Finnish holiday about a saint named Urho). He declined. :(

Hawks tickets are easy to get lately since we're so bad. I got these tickets through AmEx - only like $65 more than the regular face value of a 100 level ticket for dinner, open bar and a picture with Denis Savard and Eric Daze. I spend more than $65 on booze at a game so this is totally worth it!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Nothing on tap for me this weekend. If it ends up being nicer and sunny on Sunday like the prediction shows I'd like to take B to the zoo. Got a membership from the ILs but haven't been able to go yet. I wish we lived closer to it so it could be a more spontaneous thing but having to work around nap schedules and then driving down there takes some planning. 

First year I haven't made a March Madness bracket. I used to love it but now I just don't care. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2018
    @mrsconn23, I love love LOVE les mis.  I'd see it again in a heartbeat.  First time for you? enjoy!

I've seen it once before. Also, I sang "On My Own" in my first solo competition in Jr High.  It's the first musical soundtrack I ever owned.  :) 
  • Options
    Can I have your rain? It's cold now and there's still snow :(

So the one-way door seems to have worked. M saw the raccoon tracks leaving our place. Hopefully she doesn't come back. We blocked off a hole we have in the backyard under our step so she doesn't go there. We'll be redoing the yard probably this year, so we don't want her there.
    Also figured out that the people didn't live-trap and move her last year, so that's why she came back. *sigh*

I think Angel got a bit of a bug or something. Last night he was sick a few times, and then kept looking like he was trying to poop. After a few times through the night, he just lay in the bathroom and you could just tell he wasn't feeling great :(
    Seemed fine this morning, but I didn't give him too much food in case he still wasn't well. We also have a powder to put in the crunchy that should hopefully help {it's a probiotic}

Tonight M's buddy may come over. I told M he's got cleaning to do since I likely won't get home until close to when his buddy comes.

Tomorrow we're going to my coworker's place. She has a bunch of baby stuff we're gonna pick up :)

Sunday is a bit busy. We're going to M's parents place to say hi and see how their trip was {2 weeks ago lol oops} Then in the evening we're going for dinner with family for my nana's 90th bday - which is actually on Sunday.

I told M he's gotta clean up the basement. One of my uncles has offered to help M bring stuff to the basement that's currently upstairs so we can get the room set up.

12 weeks left! WTF!
    Update on how I look {why do my boobs look weird? I think it's the tank top}

• Options
    @VarunaTT Has this person never been a team leader? Yah you def don't have time to baby him.

@mrsconn23 Enjoy Les Mis while I'm here jealous ;) Bucket list to see

@ShesSoCold I can see where BIL is coming from, mainly in the sense of you're never sure who wants to be notified when. It's a weird question to bring up, so it's good you guys offered.

@CharmedPam Any idea on colour you're doing? I wanna get a mani/pedi soon but can't justify it when the weather here sucks
  • Options
    @VarunaTT Has this person never been a team leader? Yah you def don't have time to baby him.

@ShesSoCold I can see where BIL is coming from, mainly in the sense of you're never sure who wants to be notified when. It's a weird question to bring up, so it's good you guys offered.

@CharmedPam Any idea on colour you're doing? I wanna get a mani/pedi soon but can't justify it when the weather here sucks
    I'm the wrong person to ask. I get "Lincoln park after dark" in the spring. LOL

https://www.opi.com/nail-products/nail-polish/lincoln-park-after-dark#WrrFeEArspAVfTro.97

• Options

Pam, I love that color!

So, I'm abbreviating my lovely coworker to DLE.

She and I do employee benefits and a different department does commercial insurance so a lot of our customers have both through us. A customer just called DLE regarding her business insurance. DLE told her she needed to talk to Commercial Lady. But then she says to the customer, "Her husband has cancer so she's been in and out so I'm not sure if she's here today.". DUDE. STFU. I told her that unless Commercial Lady told her it's okay to talk about with customers, she should NOT be talking about that! She looked at me like I was crazy.

• Options
    It looks like rain in Houston today.

I agreed to reschedule that interview I was supposed to go to last week where the interviewers weren't there. They do have a strike against them thus far, and I'm going to see whether I can take advantage of it. If they play cool about it, then I'm not going to proceed further with them. But if they apologize and offer a sweetener, I might consider it. I have to admit I enjoy the idea of being one up when I go to a job interview. It isn't usually like that for me.
  • Options

Varuna - Hope that guy just needs to find his co-chair legs to start helping better.  But just tell him what to do in the mean time!

Kvruns - Have fun at the zoo!  I'm sure you will get there more once the weather starts to cooperate again!

MKD - Yay to free baby things!

It's our anniversary today!  6 years!  My co-worker only thought it was 3 years, she didn't believe me it was 6!  H is spending the day at home using comp time, while I am at work.  Blerg!  I just better have a nice dinner upon my arrival home! LOL!  I have the fixings for one of our favorite desserts, so I will make that tonight.  There is a local place that makes amazing brownies.  So I use the brownie as the base.  Then make chocolate whipped cream for the top, slice up fresh strawberries and finish it off with dark chocolate syrup.  It's so good!

Tomorrow is our fancy dinner out and tickets to the Lewis Black show.  My dress from RTR came in.  It was a little tight going over the hips, but it has stretch so with H's help I got it to zipper.  I can also sit down in the dress! LOL!  I think it shows off my baby pudge, but H said it looks great on me, so that's what matters!

Not sure what is up for Sunday.  I think that has turned into our do nothing day, since I violated last week's attempt at doing nothing, by arranging brunch for MILs birthday!

• Options
    @shessocold, right? What if that coworker comes back and gets a "so sorry to hear your husband has cancer" comment from this customer.  I would be thrown off guard too!
    @Jen4948, yes you do have a one up and the ball is in your court.  Always good to see what they have to offer, and you won't know until you get there.
    @oliveoilsmom, Happy anniversary! brownies = good any way :)   You remind me, I have 3 weddings this year, I'll probably RTR for all of them.  But it also depends on how much I have lost in August, because my body type is not meant for dresses.  It was rarely meant for my wedding one, but thank goodness for alterations. 

• Options
    How do you spell this:
    judgement
    judgment

I've always spelled it with an 'e' and today my boss said no e although said both are technically correct. These are legal documents and the no e seems to be the predominant spelling for legal docs, although google leads me to believe no e is the standard American English way 
  • Options

Well, he's planned a smaller community event before, a Christmas parade, in a neighboring city.  He did it by himself though, so maybe that's a difference for him?  I thought his experience would be translatable to our event and he really wanted to do it. 

But now, I'm remembering 2 small instances that made me question making this decision, and now those small instances are all I TOLD YOU I WAS A RED FLAG.  Also, it doesn't really matter, there was literally no one else who had any experience to draw on and/or had interest.  Through natural attrition (a few people moved away, a few people had to commit their time to other things, a few people had some personal things that had to take priority, and 2 people who left b/c they are butthurt about something outside of my control) my committee shrank from 13 to 4.  *shrug*  

• Options
    I always put the e in it.  It looks better that way.

• Options

I'm the wrong person to ask. I get "Lincoln park after dark" in the spring. LOL

https://www.opi.com/nail-products/nail-polish/lincoln-park-after-dark#WrrFeEArspAVfTro.97
    That is a great dark purple! I need to write that down because I need to replace mine!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I always put the e in it.  It looks better that way.
    Might be a Canadian thing, but we spell it with the 'e' even on legal docs
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Yesterday was m2's birthday.  She had a FANTASTIC day.  Today is beautiful so Max and I are hitting the bikes later.

DH was supposed to work tomorrow, but it got cancelled because we're supposed to get freezing rain.  OF COURSE it's rescheduled for Sunday.  M2's party.  He told them he has to leave by noon.  Grrrrr. 

M2 wants this pretzel nugget tray thing for Sunday.  I called the grocery store to order it.

Me: I'd like to order a party tray

Hold for 5+ minutes before the deli picks up

Me: I'd like to order a pretzel nugget tray

Him: I need to make sure we have nuggets

Me: I don't need it until Sunday

Him: I need to make sure we have product.  You do understand I can't make it without nuggets, right?

Me: yes, I just wasn't sure how often you get deliveries

Him: I can't make a tray without nuggets. I need to check.  You do understand I can't make this if I don't have nuggets?  You understand I have to check before I can take the order right? I need to check

Me: Yes, I get tie

I pull the phone from my mouth and say to Max: then just go check!

Him: I heard that.

Him: We don't have nuggets and it will take 2 days to get them.  So I'm very sorry I can't take your order.

WTF? I know I'm salty today, but the whole "I heard that" pissed me the fuck off. 

Sunday is supposed to be a gorgeous day though.  Even if it rains it will be a good celebration though.

• Options
    wow.  That guy was rude!  How were you supposed to know when deliveries come in?

also, I hate when restaurants also run out of something. "we're out of potatoes" (yes that happened once).  Ok....wouldn't you get someone to run over to the grocery store for some?  I mean with the mark up on food they make, you can stand to pay retail for 1/2 a day to make customers happy.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

My mom called her store "We're out right now, but can certainly have them in time for Sunday!"

I've worked in a lot of restaurants.  I remember running out of ice and having to use bags.  Sucked. 

• Options
    @6fsn Wtf that was unnecessarily rude.
    Reminds me of guy I spoke to yesterday.

Him: Do you speak french?
    Me: No unfortunately I don't.
    Him: is anyone available who does?
    Me; No unfortunately they're both in appointments
    Him: CompanyName is french, and you don't speak french?
    Me: There are others who do, and I don't share a last name with the company 
    Him: *silence - realizing flawed logic*
    *sigh*
    Me: which office are you looking at coming into?
    Him: I live in SmallTown, do you know where SmallTown is?
    Me: *thinking how often I've been there* Yes. I know where SmallTown is. Near X-Place.
    Him: *silence*

Is it pregnancy helping with the idgaf attitude? Is this precursor to parenthood?
  • Options
    6fsn said:

My mom called her store "We're out right now, but can certainly have them in time for Sunday!"

I've worked in a lot of restaurants.  I remember running out of ice and having to use bags.  Sucked. 

yeah, I can see it sucking for an employee.  In this case, though, it was 6:00 at night and they don't get that many customers in. It was a quiet low key place that had the BEST German potato salad in the world and the only reason why I went there. I bet a few pounds would have done it.

They are now out of business.  Bet it was the potato shortage. 

• Options
    wow.  That guy was rude!  How were you supposed to know when deliveries come in?

also, I hate when restaurants also run out of something. "we're out of potatoes" (yes that happened once).  Ok....wouldn't you get someone to run over to the grocery store for some?  I mean with the mark up on food they make, you can stand to pay retail for 1/2 a day to make customers happy.

When I worked at an Italian/pizza place, I had to run to the store like once a month. Usually for bread. Which made me laugh(ish) when we went to a restaurant a month or so ago and they said their bread shipment didn't come on Monday. It was a Thursday. So no one bothered to go to the store and just get their bread?

But yeah, 6, that guy was rude as shit. It also sounds like he was overreacting and thought you were mad when you were just asking a question. That's a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

• Options
    I saw a lot of people on the news today who had taken it off and started the St. Patrick's Day celebration early at the bars.  It's so quiet here.  It was probably nationwide.  It being a "holiday" tomorrow, I wonder if our boss will let us out early? 

• Options
    kvruns said:
    How do you spell this:
    judgement
    judgment

I've always spelled it with an 'e' and today my boss said no e although said both are technically correct. These are legal documents and the no e seems to be the predominant spelling for legal docs, although google leads me to believe no e is the standard American English way 

I also work at a law firm and go with no e.
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten Yay! Congrats! That's great it lands on a perfect day :)