Wedding Woes
Options

Monday, Monday

2»

Re: Monday, Monday

• Options
    @charlotte989875 I'm biased because I like her so I don't think its creepy at all and think there should be more headlines about her:).  She's a legit bad ass who had to fight the state all the way to the Supreme Court to get her own right to marry.  And in person she's kind and funny and humble.  She also knows ASL which my parents are geeked about.

The is controversy stirring though because it's looking like our top three ballot spots will be held by white women, and the AA community is feeling underrepresented, especially because a black man lost the AG nomination.  I do understand and empathize, as a woman I feel under represented by our elected officials as well.  I don't want to minimize that concern, but I'm just as excited about the potentially historic all women ballot as I would be about a historic all black male ballot.  H is likely the only white man I'll vote for this year (at least in the primary) and I'm just as proud of that as I am that I get to vote for my H (maybe even more LOL).

Campaign is going well, we start doorknocking Saturday!
  • Options
    kimmiinthemitten said:
    @charlotte989875 I'm biased because I like her so I don't think its creepy at all and think there should be more headlines about her:).  She's a legit bad ass who had to fight the state all the way to the Supreme Court to get her own right to marry.  And in person she's kind and funny and humble.  She also knows ASL which my parents are geeked about.

The is controversy stirring though because it's looking like our top three ballot spots will be held by white women, and the AA community is feeling underrepresented, especially because a black man lost the AG nomination.  I do understand and empathize, as a woman I feel under represented by our elected officials as well.  I don't want to minimize that concern, but I'm just as excited about the potentially historic all women ballot as I would be about a historic all black male ballot.  H is likely the only white man I'll vote for this year (at least in the primary) and I'm just as proud of that as I am that I get to vote for my H (maybe even more LOL).

Campaign is going well, we start doorknocking Saturday!
    I read this too. I absolutely feel underrepresented, and I know other women, particularly women of color and trans women, are even more underrepresented than I am. There's still so much work to do. I am excited for how many women are running this year!