Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!

It's almost the weekend.  I am hoping this is the last frigid day, but I'm not convinced. 

I'm taking a half day tomorrow and going with DH to his second tattoo appointment.  I want to meet his artist and talk to her about my tattoo ideas. 

DefConn's after school reading program ends today.  It's helped, but I am glad it's done because it was just a wrench in everything else we have going on.  

Prudie day! 

Re: Thursday!

• Options
    Yay Prudie Day!

Went to see a house last night; I loved it, but it didn't have a basement, garage, or attic, and those are deal breakers for H, so it's out. I'm really bummed. The market here sucks for buyers and it's frustrating. We really like the new agent because he's pretty upfront and has tons of information, so I guess that's the silver lining here. We had to sign the lease extension last night, too. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 do you enjoy John Mulaney?  Your home search reminded me a bit of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9keXCs0HnY  
  • Options

Yeah mrsconn I'm with you; I don't believe the weather anymore. Spring is never coming.

I get a wax every four weeks. My next one is scheduled for next week. All this week I've been looking at my eyebrows and stuff and thinking, "Jesus, this is only three weeks? I'm a hairy freaking beast". I just looked at my calendar and we were wrong when we scheduled; this Saturday is 4 weeks. So I'm waiting until like 9 or 10 to text her and see if she has any openings this Saturday. Grrr.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I've not seen that bit by John Mulaney, but I love him and that was really funny. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I've not seen that bit by John Mulaney, but I love him and that was really funny. 
    DH calls him my boyfriend. 
  • Options

@charlotte989875, maybe if that house is cheap enough you all could add a garage and attic?  Unlikely, I know.  But I'm trying, lol!

Apparently with unlimited money, you can also add a basement to a house.  I'd never heard of that, but then I saw them do it on Property Brothers.  It was for one brother's personal home.  And it wasn't even a very big basement.  He wanted it for a wine cellar and extra storage, smh.  Because I'm sure his 6,000+ sq. ft. house, for just him and his FI, needed extra storage, lol.  It was crazy. 

I know we are still a couple days out from the weekend, but I'm already looking forward to it.  I don't want to jinx myself, but I think it will finally be a mellow and relaxing one.  On that subject, my H and I decided we are going to the Gulf Coast of AL/FL, the first weekend in May.  We haven't booked a hotel yet, but I saw some possibilities yesterday.  Beaches, here we come!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 exciting tatt stuff!!

@banana468 I haven't seen that skit, but I saw something else on Netflix with John Mulaney :) your boyfriend is funny ;)

@ShesSoCold Idk when the last time I got my brows done {it's been more than 4 weeks} and I feel you. They look so unkempt. Like wtf brows ... you're blonde.

Hope for spring is coming .... it's suppose to be nice by this weekend. I can't zip my jacket, so I hope it comes sooner than later :(
    Tbh Tuesday is my main hope for it to be nice as my mum have our yearly plan of spending the day together.
    It's crazy .... on Tuesday it'll be 4yrs since my dad passed. :\

So this week, we've noticed our Keurig has been producing less coffee. I just assumed it needed to have hot water run through it to clear up some coffee grounds - did that a few times but nothing.
    This morning I made coffees. Mine was low, but mostly fine. M basically got a shot's worth of coffee.
    Guess who's buying a new coffee maker this weekend! Guhh .... well it's lasted awhile. I would say almost 6yrs? Could be 5yrs.

Tonight is 2nd prenatal class. I think the first will have been more informative - Labour & Delivery - but we'll see. This one is about breastfeeding and I'm still not sure if I will be {I'll know more later this month, my dr may kibosh it for mental health reasons}

Otherwise not much .... 
  • Options
    side question - for those who are somewhat handy, when it comes to retaping ducts I know silver tape is best.
    Does anyone know anything specific? We're hooking up our dryer soon, and right now the ducts have red tape {not to be confused with it being red taped} and we've been told to change those before we hook it up.

Any ideas?
  • Options

@charlotte989875, maybe if that house is cheap enough you all could add a garage and attic?  Unlikely, I know.  But I'm trying, lol!

Apparently with unlimited money, you can also add a basement to a house.  I'd never heard of that, but then I saw them do it on Property Brothers.  It was for one brother's personal home.  And it wasn't even a very big basement.  He wanted it for a wine cellar and extra storage, smh.  Because I'm sure his 6,000+ sq. ft. house, for just him and his FI, needed extra storage, lol.  It was crazy. 

I know we are still a couple days out from the weekend, but I'm already looking forward to it.  I don't want to jinx myself, but I think it will finally be a mellow and relaxing one.  On that subject, my H and I decided we are going to the Gulf Coast of AL/FL, the first weekend in May.  We haven't booked a hotel yet, but I saw some possibilities yesterday.  Beaches, here we come!

It's already at the top of our budget, although if it's on for a few weeks and it drops it's possible. Adding the garage wouldn't be bad and an attic might be possible in part of the house. 

How does adding a basement even work?!
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Chiquito pooped on the potty on his own!   I know that's a bit of a TMI but I needed to share with any parent who slams her head against a wall wondering when it would click!
    Yay Chiquito!!! :D 
  • Options

@banana468 I haven't seen that skit, but I saw something else on Netflix with John Mulaney :) your boyfriend is funny ;)

@ShesSoCold Idk when the last time I got my brows done {it's been more than 4 weeks} and I feel you. They look so unkempt. Like wtf brows ... you're blonde.

Hope for spring is coming .... it's suppose to be nice by this weekend. I can't zip my jacket, so I hope it comes sooner than later :(
    Tbh Tuesday is my main hope for it to be nice as my mum have our yearly plan of spending the day together.

So this week, we've noticed our Keurig has been producing less coffee. I just assumed it needed to have hot water run through it to clear up some coffee grounds - did that a few times but nothing.
    This morning I made coffees. Mine was low, but mostly fine. M basically got a shot's worth of coffee.
    Guess who's buying a new coffee maker this weekend! Guhh .... well it's lasted awhile. I would say almost 6yrs? Could be 5yrs.

Tonight is 2nd prenatal class. I think the first will have been more informative - Labour & Delivery - but we'll see. This one is about breastfeeding and I'm still not sure if I will be {I'll know more later this month, my dr may kibosh it for mental health reasons}

Otherwise not much .... 
    Are you delivering in a hospital that you will have options? I had a friend who has severe anxiety and OCD who delivered at the main L&D hospital here that is militantly breast is best and she had a difficult post natal time. I would suggest finding out what the policies are and making sure that the hospital won't push you when you don't want/can't do something. 
  • Options
    Welp, I've thoroughly pissed off my ED.  Granted, I figured it'd eventually happen.  She's been with this organization for a very long time (9ish years, former president herself), is now the first paid employee (last 2 years), and basically is used to be swinging in the wind, running things by herself.  We discussed a lot before I took over as President, how this relationship will work and that I will not be un-involved as President.  We've managed to skirt around pissing each other off badly in a few disagreeable situations, but redesigning the logo has sparked it b/c I'm digging my heels in (she's wrong and I told her she was, b/c her critique of the new design is completely ridiculous, doesn't actually critique the design, will screw up the design, and was not w/in the parameters given to the graphic artist).  We'll get through it, but I think it's going to be an uncomfortable learning experience for us both.

I'm so ready for this weekend.  I might get to see K.  Lots of paperwork to wade through this weekend and set up for a really cool lead-in event for Pride.

• Options

It's already at the top of our budget, although if it's on for a few weeks and it drops it's possible. Adding the garage wouldn't be bad and an attic might be possible in part of the house. 

How does adding a basement even work?!

It's been awhile since I saw that episode, so my info might not be super accurate.  I think they raised the whole house.  Put in temporary load bearing columns.  Did a LOT of digging (with an excavator) with where the basement was going to be.  And then all the usual.  Putting in supports, walls, and floors.

This particular house is in Los Angeles, which made it extra surprising for me.  Almost nobody in CA has basements because of earthquakes.  And, in fact, they did have to have some kind of special testing/assessment done to make sure the basement wouldn't be a danger to the home in the event of an earthquake, ie to get the permit.

My rough guess is that whole she-bang probably cost upwards of $70K.  For a 500 sq. ft. wine cellar.  Must be nice, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    side question - for those who are somewhat handy, when it comes to retaping ducts I know silver tape is best.
    Does anyone know anything specific? We're hooking up our dryer soon, and right now the ducts have red tape {not to be confused with it being red taped} and we've been told to change those before we hook it up.

Any ideas?
    I have no idea, but I bet my H does ;).  I'll try to remember to consult with my "construction manager" tonight and get back to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Otherwise not much .... 
    Are you delivering in a hospital that you will have options? I had a friend who has severe anxiety and OCD who delivered at the main L&D hospital here that is militantly breast is best and she had a difficult post natal time. I would suggest finding out what the policies are and making sure that the hospital won't push you when you don't want/can't do something. 
    I haven't looked into it much until I knew what was going on.
    From what I understand, the hospital I'm delivering at has options but they will encourage breastfeeding first {as most hospitals do, from my understanding}

My GP said previous that she doesn't like the anxiety/depression meds I'm on, and that at the follow up we will see what to do going forward. If the decision is the switch back to old meds {which I cannot be pregnant or breastfeed while on them} then I'll be 100% bringing it up with my OB and see how to proceed and to know what to bring. {since I'll need to basically get the 'dry up' pills or whatever it is now}
  • Options

Any ideas?
    I have no idea, but I bet my H does ;).  I'll try to remember to consult with my "construction manager" tonight and get back to you.
    Thank you! :)
    My mum's bf is helping us in a few weeks with switching old dryer that we don't use with the new one and it'd be just easier if that's one less thing to do then :)
  • Options

Otherwise not much .... 
    From what I understand, the hospital I'm delivering at has options but they will encourage breastfeeding first {as most hospitals do, from my understanding}

My GP said previous that she doesn't like the anxiety/depression meds I'm on, and that at the follow up we will see what to do going forward. If the decision is the switch back to old meds {which I cannot be pregnant or breastfeed while on them} then I'll be 100% bringing it up with my OB and see how to proceed and to know what to bring. {since I'll need to basically get the 'dry up' pills or whatever it is now}
    I find that at hospitals that allow options, they are much more open minded if you start having difficulties and are much more patient. I would also look into getting a private room if your insurance covers it. 
  • Options

Otherwise not much .... 

I find that at hospitals that allow options, they are much more open minded if you start having difficulties and are much more patient. I would also look into getting a private room if your insurance covers it. 
    M is looking into it, but I think they're looking at switching coverage at his work so things are a tad weird.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, yay tattoos.  Always fun
    @charlotte989875, why are those things deal breakers for men? H is the same way.  Or was.  Until we found out his budget didn't involve an attic or basement, it involves a condo. lol
    @banana468, woop woop, Chiquito is moving on up in the world!

Today is my Friday.  yay.  NY this weekend. Right now H and I are trying to fit everyone in who wants to see us.  And it's not easy since it's literally a 48 hour trip.  We're going in for his parents' 50th.  We're staying in the 'burbs and his best friend wants us to go and see him.  in the Bronx. We even flew into Newark to avoid laguardia and the city so I told my H that I have no problems visiting him but he's coming to us in the burbs.  Why do we have fly 850 miles and then drive into the city for a lunch when we really dont want to go into the city?

• Options

M is looking into it, but I think they're looking at switching coverage at his work so things are a tad weird.
    You don't get private rooms? Ugh, I had enough trouble trying to sleep or relax in my own room, I can't imagine another mom and baby.  I know that is how things used to be in the US but i'm glad for private rooms!
  • Options

I'm here today.  SSDD!

One of H's favorite beers is finally on tap again, so we are going out there for dinner.  The beer is 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon.  It is good! 

Not much else today.  It is Prudie Day!

Banana - Way to go Chiquito!

Charlotte - That is a bummer for the house.  Hope when spring finally does arrive, more houses go on the market for you guys!

S+S - I forgot to mention yesterday, but NYC in July/August should be similar weather to NOLA.  It will be hot & humid.  Possibly less humidity than you will see, but generally they will be similar.  This could be a moot point since you are now headed for the beach in May!

• Options
    kvruns said:

You don't get private rooms? Ugh, I had enough trouble trying to sleep or relax in my own room, I can't imagine another mom and baby.  I know that is how things used to be in the US but i'm glad for private rooms!
    It depends on whether your insurance covers it or not. If you don't have employer backed health insurance, you stay on a ward (4 people) otherwise you can stay in semi-private or private rooms. Or you can choose to pay out of pocket for either. I think it was $150 for semi-private and $225 for private per night at the hospital I delivered at. It was in the package I got. Thankfully, I had insurance. 
  • Options

I'm here today.  SSDD!

One of H's favorite beers is finally on tap again, so we are going out there for dinner.  The beer is 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon.  It is good! 

Not much else today.  It is Prudie Day!

Banana - Way to go Chiquito!

Charlotte - That is a bummer for the house.  Hope when spring finally does arrive, more houses go on the market for you guys!

S+S - I forgot to mention yesterday, but NYC in July/August should be similar weather to NOLA.  It will be hot & humid.  Possibly less humidity than you will see, but generally they will be similar.  This could be a moot point since you are now headed for the beach in May!

Thanks!  I actually looked up the average temps and, at least from that perspective, it is better weather than NOLA, lol.  Highs in the mid '80s vs. NOLA's low to mid 90's.

My H said that NYC smells bad in the summer.  But neither one of us especially care about that.  We spend most of our time in restaurants and museums anyway.

And not a moot point because we're doing both trips ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thanks!  I actually looked up the average temps and, at least from that perspective, it is better weather than NOLA, lol.  Highs in the mid '80s vs. NOLA's low to mid 90's.

My H said that NYC smells bad in the summer.  But neither one of us especially care about that.  We spend most of our time in restaurants and museums anyway.

maybe I have never been in nyc in the summer....and I probably haven't....but I never noticed that!  Or maybe I'm used to it?  Chicago's got some funk too.

• Options

maybe I have never been in nyc in the summer....and I probably haven't....but I never noticed that!  Or maybe I'm used to it?  Chicago's got some funk too.

LOL!  All cities get funk in the summer!  Philly too! 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    It depends on whether your insurance covers it or not. If you don't have employer backed health insurance, you stay on a ward (4 people) otherwise you can stay in semi-private or private rooms. Or you can choose to pay out of pocket for either. I think it was $150 for semi-private and $225 for private per night at the hospital I delivered at. It was in the package I got. Thankfully, I had insurance. 
    Hospitals here it's private or semi-private, but it's also priority levels.

Even if you've booked a private room, if someone had a complicated delivery {I'm not sure what qualifies as complicated} they will get first dibs.
    Then people who requested it, then if there's space those who are originally in semi-private, can get the chance of private.
  • Options
    Per the usual, I opened this page in the morning and didn't get to typing until the afternoon.

@charlotte989875 H was die-hard for a basement too, which in Michigan usually isn't a big deal - except in our city where tri-levels are more common.  We did end up with one though - whew.

@MissKittyDanger I'd make sure to communicate your wants and comfort levels up front, so they know and you can better ensure your expectations are met.

@banana468 Yay Chiquito!  The Nugget just mastered her potty skills last month, so she'd be cheering him on too.

@mrsconn23 what are you looking to get?

Today is pretty basic, but I'm offish-working from home tomorrow since I had a mini meltdown.  And then, I'm actually hanging with the hubs all weekend.  We have campaign stuff every day but we'll actually be together so I'm excited.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Hospitals here it's private or semi-private, but it's also priority levels.

Even if you've booked a private room, if someone had a complicated delivery {I'm not sure what qualifies as complicated} they will get first dibs.
    Then people who requested it, then if there's space those who are originally in semi-private, can get the chance of private.
    "Complicated" is usually if there is: pre-term, excessive bleeding, emergency surgery for either the infant or mother, any interventions that result in surgery, use of general anasthesia, etc. Your pre-book and anasthestheologist will go over all of that though.