Wedding Woes
Options

Well, at least it's not Monday

2»

Re: Well, at least it's not Monday

• Options
    In the ongoing saga of the nonprofit; they're cancelling the grant and the program they hired me to do after I leave. One person even said they were relieved. 

I'm not going to last the rest of the week. 
  • Options
    In the ongoing saga of the nonprofit; they're cancelling the grant and the program they hired me to do after I leave. One person even said they were relieved. 

I'm not going to last the rest of the week. 
    What?!   This sounds like it only speaks to your overall assessment of the way that they ran this. 
  • Options

Car update.  So, I can't help but feel a little troubled.  Blah, blah...got a new battery and thermostat/assembly last week.  They totally checked over the car and said everything was fine.

Then my oil light came on and went right back off yesterday morning right before I got to work.  Checked at lunch and I was totally out of oil.  Thank goodness I didn't ruin the engine!

Took my car back to the shop yesterday afternoon.  Apparently the crank case went bad from age and was no longer keeping a seal, so oil was escaping.  Something like that.

I know crazy coincidences can happen.  My car in high school blew the head gasket the day after I had gotten an oil change.

And, I don't know, maybe this crank case thing had something to do with the battery being worn out sooner than it should have and that was the first sign.

But then, I never had any trouble with my oil before.  Yet, just a few days after I get my car back, now there's suddenly another $800 repair it needs.  The repair shop has been around a long time and they have good reviews, so I don't necessarily think they're being shady.  Buuuutttt...so.much.coincidence.  FWIW, I already knew about the thermostat problem from my own DIY code checker thing.  So that was legit.

And the warranty I just bought doesn't do me any good, because I can't make any claims for 30 days.  Hindsight is always better, but I wish I'd bought this warranty a few months ago.  It would have covered that $800 thermostat thing and this new $800 crank case thing.

And, as a general statement to car manufacturers, what good is a "check engine" light if it doesn't even come on when oil is leaking out of a part that's gone bad?  Oh, oh.  Yet the "check engine" light comes on if I don't perfectly screw the gas cap back on, ffs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker