Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited September 2018 in Wedding Woes
This weekend was a trip y'all.  ;)

Friday, DH got home super late because of work shit.  I talked to my good friend that I haven't talked to in months.  We did some stuff around the yard and then I watched some more Handmaids Tale (cannot.stop.watching).  

Saturday, I went to meet my sister at a hangar near the airport.  She was running a race and my BIL was at his last drill weekend, so I hung with my nephews.  There were planes, a helicopter, an ambulance, fire truck, and all sorts of other things the kids could climb on or in.  It was super fun.  DefConn had a blast. 

I went shopping to find a shirt to wear for the Taylor Swift concert.  Still ended up wearing something I already own.   We got ready and headed downtown.  We stayed at a pretty fun and funky hotel downtown. 

We tried to meet up with my family for dinner.  We met and had drinks.  But the restaurant we went to was a shitshow.  We waited over an hour for food and drank a llooootttt and got no food, besides chips and salsa.  :/  We asked politely, several times, where our food was...especially once all the tables around us, who were seated after us, got their food.  Still no food.  Asked for a manager, because we were about to miss our respective concerts, offered to pay for our drinks and were told we could just go.  My mom wrote a polite, but critical, review of the restaurant and the manager doubled down on being an asshole because she didn't 'mention they comped the drinks' in her review.  

The concert was awesome. (we got stadium food there)  Worth every penny.  We had great seats.  DH and I were on our feet the whole time, dancing our asses off.  

After the concert, we tried to get food delivered to the hotel and that was a non-starter.  It was going to take over 2 hours to get pizza. 

Woke up yesterday with a terrible hangover (I drank too much before I ate, so the food didn't do shit for me).  We had no pain meds, so I charged Tyelnol to my room.  I would have paid $100 for that shit.  We went to breakfast and then came home.  We did a little picking up around the house, and then I got in bed and stayed there all day watching more Handmaids Tale.  It was a wonderfully lazy Sunday.  ;) 

Re: Monday!

• Options
    Your weekend sounds amazing, @mrsconn23! Minus the lack of food at the restaurant and the asshole manager. 

@charlotte989875 that's so cool you saw Paul Simon! He is definitely on my list of concerts to attend. 

I am on Day 8 of my migraine. I have tried everything. I am at my wits end and just feel like crawling into a ball under my desk and sobbing. 
  • Options
    Sounds like you both had wonderfully fun weekends!!

My weekend was good, short. My friends threw me a baby shower and it was very nice. DH didn’t get any of the things he/ I wanted accomplished because he is a horrible procrastinator. He forgets every week that I work on Saturdays so he thinks we can do it then and we can’t. Oh well, this is my last week working so we can do anything he wants this weekend, lol.

we got our <unedited> pictures back from our maternity shoot. We picked some out for her to edit but if anyone is interested I’ll post one... if not nbd. :)
    Definitely! 
  • Options
    Sounds like you both had wonderfully fun weekends!!

My weekend was good, short. My friends threw me a baby shower and it was very nice. DH didn’t get any of the things he/ I wanted accomplished because he is a horrible procrastinator. He forgets every week that I work on Saturdays so he thinks we can do it then and we can’t. Oh well, this is my last week working so we can do anything he wants this weekend, lol.

we got our <unedited> pictures back from our maternity shoot. We picked some out for her to edit but if anyone is interested I’ll post one... if not nbd. :)
    You must.

• Options
    You concert goers sound like you had a great weekend. I swear I saw so many weddings posted on fb this weekend and a few birthday parties. Including myself.  I went to my friends 40th and had a blast.  And I didn't drink! I mean I had one angry orchard, but to me that's not drinking.

Saturday was my chiro appt and my prp facial.  And I'm SUPER pleased with the results.  I will say that it doesn't tickle.  They put numbing cream on your face but you still feel the needles.
    Sunday we saw a movie, had dinner after H got off of work, and I crashed by 9:30.  But probably because I only had 5 hours of sleep the night before.

• Options

Yay for concerts

Boo to migraines

And Duh to wanting to see pictures.

The weekend wasn't much 6let won both of his soccer games.  Max played well in his two games (they don't really keep score).

This morning shit blew up with church and PTo and I'm over it all.

Tomorrow is 6let's bday.  DH took today off to do fun stuff as family, but it's really just turning into going to see Jurassic World and getting pizza.  I don't want to do either of these things.

10 days ago at this time I was in the hospital on my first day of Pitocin.  There were also hurricane storms going through that dumped a tree on our roof.

• Options
    @charlotte989875 We also had such a good time at the concert! Our seats were great. It never really felt too crowded - we were able to get food and drinks really quickly. H & I saw Pink there in April, and that was not the case! 

But yeah, Paul Simon was amazing. And my parents were so thrilled to get to see him. 

Obviously that was the highlight of the weekend! 
  • Options

These are screen shots off my phone... I hope the quality isn’t so shitty on a real screen. Sorry. 
    Ohhhhhh I love these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply stunning! Especially the third one!!!
  • Options

MJL - I love them!  You look so good! I wish you an easy last few weeks!

Glad you all had fun at your concerts!

We had a busy weekend!  Two birthday parties on Saturday and the Phillies game on Sunday.  We took my parents and niece/nephew to the Phillies game with us.  It was Grandparents Day there, I bought special tickets, so we got free tote bags - they were really nice too!  We went to Church in the morning, but otherwise, the only thing we did was the Phillies game!

Saturday - DD slept until 10 AM!  It was amazing!  It was H's morning, but I had worked Friday night, so even though it wasn't my morning, I sometimes can't fall back to sleep.  The two parties were fun.  The first one was for my friend's son's first birthday.  He is such a cutie!  The biggest dimples ever!  The second was for my niece and it was just family.  DD had a ball at both places!

We have some projects to do around the house this week.  H is determined to get the driveway sealed and we should finally have the weather for it this week!  Fingers crossed it gets done!

We also discovered that our dehumidifier was recalled a few years ago because it was starting fires!  OMG!  All this because H was trying to find a new air filter for it!  But we unplugged it, are working on the recall and have already purchased a new one from Amazon.

• Options
    @missjeanlouise, those are fantastic.  I LOVE your dress and you look so good.

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    Gorgeous photos @missJeanLouise!

Glad everyone who went to concerts this weekend enjoyed!! I’m actually seeing Paul Simon this Friday, looking forward to it.

We had a great day Apple picking on Saturday.  We usually go upstate (actual upstaters I apologize for probably missusing the term) but we tried a place way out on the North Fork of Long Island...the drive took longer but it was a straighter shot (and no tolls).  It was super family friendly but also part-vineyard...the only thing better than Apple picking is Apple picking with wine.  Sunday I baked an apple pie, an apple fritter bread, and a few loaves of my late aunt’s apple walnut bread.  Back-to-school night at my kids’ school tonight so I’ll be there from 7-8:30, but they’ve all been kind of annoying with bedtime lately so I’m glad to be getting out.

ETA- okay no idea why my phone kept capitalizing “Apple”...wtf? Is that an iPhone thing?
  • Options
    Adorable! @missJe@missJeanLouise

@sparklepants41 I hope you feel better soon. Migraines take everything out of you. 

I’m glad everyone had fun at their concerts this weekend! 

This weekend was kind of blah. Friday night was nice. FI and I went out for a quick date dinner and then came home and relaxed with a few shows.

Saturday we had a wedding, and I am so glad that’s over. Wedding ceremony was outside (92 degrees). It was only 15-20 minutes long but it felt like forever. Then we didn’t get dinner for almost two hours. The fruit platter was not enough to sustain us. When they did have dinner ready, they released half of the tables and then made us play a game to fight for which table was released next. I was glad I wasn’t the only Salty Sally when the woman next to us muttered, “really? We had to work for our food now?” It was like Hunger Games of Dinner. 

After dinner the bride came up to FI and voluntold him to return their cake stand, aka a literal stump. The stump is almost 2.5 feet around and ten inches high. Then the place we were supposed to return it to was closed on Sunday. So we still have it. I’m so annoyed. 

• Options
    @levioosa I would be annoyed too and tempted to have that stump fall out the back of my trunk. Oops.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. :)
  • Options
    @levioosa I would be annoyed too and tempted to have that stump fall out the back of my trunk. Oops.
    I forgot to mention, we didn’t even have a car! We ubered the almost 40 miles to the venue!

• Options
    eileenrob said:

Glad everyone who went to concerts this weekend enjoyed!! I’m actually seeing Paul Simon this Friday, looking forward to it.

We had a great day Apple picking on Saturday.  We usually go upstate (actual upstaters I apologize for probably missusing the term) but we tried a place way out on the North Fork of Long Island...the drive took longer but it was a straighter shot (and no tolls).  It was super family friendly but also part-vineyard...the only thing better than Apple picking is Apple picking with wine.  Sunday I baked an apple pie, an apple fritter bread, and a few loaves of my late aunt’s apple walnut bread.  Back-to-school night at my kids’ school tonight so I’ll be there from 7-8:30, but they’ve all been kind of annoying with bedtime lately so I’m glad to be getting out.

ETA- okay no idea why my phone kept capitalizing “Apple”...wtf? Is that an iPhone thing?
    Ok, which place do you go to upstate? I need to just if it's actually upstate or not :-P 
  • Options
    This weekend was pretty minimal.  We finally received the new dining room set.  Getting it delivered was a PITA, but it's arrived in good shape, it's pretty, and so we'll just have to deal with it.  We also went out on Saturday night.  It was a pretty fun night, all-in-all.  Saw a little bit of drag and friends, then came kind of early.  Still conquering laundry.

K and I have been quarreling lately.  I can't quite put my finger on why.  Honestly, I think we're both just worn the hell out as well as missing each other.  So, it's like we both need validation and warmth, but we're also both bone tired of giving things to people, so it's just complete chaos.  It's just bickering, more than anything.
  • Options
    eileenrob said:

Ok, which place do you go to upstate? I need to just if it's actually upstate or not :-P 
    Lol..we’ve gone to Stuart’s Fruit Farm in Peekskill, Maskers in Warwick, and Outhouse Orchards in North Salem...I know we’re still way south in the state  :p. We’re kind of bouncing around these early years to find our favorite.
  • Options
    Weekend was nice!   Saturday we chilled out and then that night the kids got to jump in the pool while we grilled poolside with FIL.

Yesterday we went to church and then when Chiquito woke up from his nap we went for a boat ride followed by kiddo swimming and pizza pool side.    

We didn't go on vacations this year and it's been really nice owning the boat and being marina members.     Next year I need to be proactive and just take a week off for a staycation.    Now I'm not wanting summer to end but I think the upcoming rains are signaling that the pool will close.  

MIL and FIL are off to see BIL and SIL and the other grandkids this week.   Tomorrow we're due to be hit with the remnants of Florence and then I need to make  baked mac and cheese Friday night to bring to my aunt's picnic.   This is the rescheduled picnic that was originally cancelled last month.   If it rains I'm going to scream!
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

Lol..we’ve gone to Stuart’s Fruit Farm in Peekskill, Maskers in Warwick, and Outhouse Orchards in North Salem...I know we’re still way south in the state  :p. We’re kind of bouncing around these early years to find our favorite.
    Ok, I consider that all upstate. Approved! 

You could always check out Dr Davies Farm in Congers, or the Orchards of Concklin. Not as far upstate. 
  • Options
    that sucks @sparklepants41 Do you have prescription meds? 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

Ok, I consider that all upstate. Approved! 

You could always check out Dr Davies Farm in Congers, or the Orchards of Concklin. Not as far upstate. 
    Thank you for the recs! And the approval  ;)
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 I saw Taylor Swift too, earlier this summer! Great show! We'd also gone two years ago to the 1985 tour, which was awesome as well. 

Ladies, I need to get a rant off my chest. There's a woman I used to be friends with that tends to come up in my TK stories of what not to do in certain situations. Well, I saw her at a mutual friend's yesterday and got more gems to bitch about. 

First issue. Flame, flame, flaming this woman. A group of us were talking about our babies. She said her baby "inexplicably" was losing weight for the first month or so of life. I said something like, "Oh wow, so, I guess you had to supplement then?" Her reply: "Oh no, I wasn't going to do that. My milk was fine, there was nothing I could change about my diet."

Wut. You starved your fucking child you fucking moron. It's several years later and the kid is fine, but still. I was a gung-ho breastfeeder but when the doctor said she needed a little formula, I gave her that damn formula. Fed is best.

All I could reply was, "Oh, well I did give my kid formula when she lost too much weight." And the subject changed and that was that. 

Second issue. Discussion was of baby showers. She says that due to their pre-baby, cross-country move, she requested no large gifts like swings and stuff, but they received the big items anyway. Liar, liar pants on fire-- I recall with great clarity, because I was royally pissed off, that her shower invite said words to the effect of, "Babies are expensive so please help us by going in with other friends on the larger items from the registry." 

I hate this woman. And in a weird way I feel like a fake bitch for always being super friendly to her in person. But, being aloof in smaller social settings makes me look rude. Better fake than rude, I guess. 

End rant! 

• Options
    @mrsconn23 I saw Taylor Swift too, earlier this summer! Great show! We'd also gone two years ago to the 1985 tour, which was awesome as well. 

Ladies, I need to get a rant off my chest. There's a woman I used to be friends with that tends to come up in my TK stories of what not to do in certain situations. Well, I saw her at a mutual friend's yesterday and got more gems to bitch about. 

First issue. Flame, flame, flaming this woman. A group of us were talking about our babies. She said her baby "inexplicably" was losing weight for the first month or so of life. I said something like, "Oh wow, so, I guess you had to supplement then?" Her reply: "Oh no, I wasn't going to do that. My milk was fine, there was nothing I could change about my diet."

Wut. You starved your fucking child you fucking moron. It's several years later and the kid is fine, but still. I was a gung-ho breastfeeder but when the doctor said she needed a little formula, I gave her that damn formula. Fed is best.

All I could reply was, "Oh, well I did give my kid formula when she lost too much weight." And the subject changed and that was that. 

Second issue. Discussion was of baby showers. She says that due to their pre-baby, cross-country move, she requested no large gifts like swings and stuff, but they received the big items anyway. Liar, liar pants on fire-- I recall with great clarity, because I was royally pissed off, that her shower invite said words to the effect of, "Babies are expensive so please help us by going in with other friends on the larger items from the registry." 

I hate this woman. And in a weird way I feel like a fake bitch for always being super friendly to her in person. But, being aloof in smaller social settings makes me look rude. Better fake than rude, I guess. 

End rant! 
    Soooo no one thought of doing anything?  I had to take Chiquita to numerous weigh ins and ultimately wound up using some formula while pumping instead of nursing to get her weight up.    We did weighted feeds and everything to ensure she got what she needed. 

BUT, if she's full on lying as you cited then I suspect the first comment is nothing but bullshit.    She sounds lovely.
  • Options
    banana468 said:

And @levioosa, who asks guests to do errands for them?  Jerks. 
    FTFY. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

And @levioosa, who asks guests to do errands for them?  Jerks. 
    FTFY. 
    Hehe.  I'm sort of light on the ASKING portion.   It gives them an out, "Hey you two live by Bart's Bark Bakery.   Could you bring our stump there next week?"  Fine - the guests can turn it down.

But FFS - voluntelling is the suck and when you know people didn't even come in their own car it's even worse.