Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

In need of a caterer on a budget!

Hello ladies! My fiance and I are planning our wedding on an actor's budget, and we are in need of a fantastic caterer. As my parents are out of the picture and his can't really help, every penny counts! We are getting married in my friend's backyard under a great tent, and have combined our eclectic love of the arts and silver age comic books to create a laid back, fresh, and fun atmosphere. I'm searching for someone who can work within an $11-14pp range for 150 guests. Any ideas? Unconventional is always welcome!
What a beautiful mess this is...

Re: In need of a caterer on a budget!

• Options
    Why don't you do a BBQ? There is a BBQ in North Huntingdon that would fall into that range. It was absolutely amazing.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    We are looking at BBQ, with a bit of supplimentation from Mom (stuffed shells for the Italians). You can usually find bbq joints within that price range.
  • Options
    Thank you! I did reach out to some bbq joints and am waiting for a response. We are also meeting with Bistro To Go on the North Side. Hopefully we'll find a winner! And stuffed shells sound so amazing right now... ;)
  • Options
    Could you tell me the name of the bbq caterer North Huntingdon?  We are leaning towards having BBQ as well and I am struggling with places since we are getting married out by Seven Springs.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Not sure where you are located at, but Cooked Goose Catering in Oakdale has great food and are priced nicely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure where you're located or how unique you want the food... but Woodys Catering has entire meal packages for your budget.  Maybe give them a try!  They cater in many areas around town.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's called Four Seasons BBQ.. It's absolutely amazing! 
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much for all your responses! This was so helpful!
  • Options
    We're using Our Little Secret Catering in West Mifflin.  $14 per person for 4 entrees, 3 sides and 2 salads.  There are a ton of good things on the menu, and she also had a few lower priced options too that were more like $10-12 per person.  Her name is Missy and she has been wonderful to work with so far!  And the food we had at our tasting was awesome!
  • Options
    Thanks HEB557!
  • Options
    Check out Our Little Secret Catering in West Mifflin.  We're using them and they are super affordable.  $14pp for a huge buffet - 2 salads, 4 entrees, and 3 sides.  Plus the food we had at the tasting was delicious.  I believe she also has lower priced options as well if you want a simpler menu -  I think as low as $10-12pp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards