New Jersey - South
Options

Church Fee

I was wondering how much is your church fee if you have one? I am getting married in December down in LBI  and I would of thought that the price would be lower than in the summer but the price is pretty high. 

Re: Church Fee

• Options
    shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just the church is $200.  There are other fees for clean up, to have someone come and open up and stay while we have the wedding, and the organist.  When we add it all up its going to be between $600 and $800.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The paper we were given from ours said $750 for the church, $200 for cantor, $200 for organist, minimum $10 per alter server.
    I was pretty shocked, especially considering we are doing all of the prep with our priest down here in GA and plan on also giving a donation to him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at my venue but my sister was married a few weeks ago and the church was $750 for her. She paid $300 extra for organist and it would have been an extra $200 for cantor so she went without him. They also gave a tip to the priest but I don't kow how much it was. It sounds like a lot to me but considering we're paying $1000 to get married at our venue and providing our own music it works out to about the same. Our Priest is performing the ceremony for free for us because we're having some problems financially and he offered to waive his fee. I guess it all evens out in the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, Yeah our fee of 1000 includes the cantor and organist and pre cana.. so i guess it is a good deal . 
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cantor/organist/pre-cana/church fee ran me $685.  But my church is closer to Central Jersey....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards