Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

First Look or No?? Your Opinion, Please!

Did you do a first look or did you wait until you walked down the aisle? I hear pros and cons to both and I'm torn!!

Re: First Look or No?? Your Opinion, Please!

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided about a month before the wedding to do a first look and we don't regret it.  I have PIB of the pics.  I am glad we did the first look because all the stress is gone once you see each other, you save time after the ceremony, and also you get great pictures of your FI's reaction (which was important to me).

Many brides want the first moment their FI sees them to be when they walk down the aisle and that is certainly understandable.  But just know that the moment is special no matter when you do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a first look is probaby the way to go.  That said, we're both pretty traditional and I don't think we'll be doing one.
  • Options
    teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are getting married in a late afternoon in December. We are doing "First look" photos to take advantage of the daylight and beautiful, natural scenery at our venue. We also think this will help with the timing of everything since our ceremony and reception are at the same place - and in the same room. I am also excited about just taking it all in and having some alone time with him after he sees me "all dolled up" in my dress! So very excited about this part of our day :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_first-look-opinion-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:7131ea59-a975-4bbe-b141-bd7ee4d34b90Post:78b05e6b-a69d-48c8-84a7-d6f87db4aa07">Re: First Look or No?? Your Opinion, Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I are getting married in a late afternoon in December. We are doing "First look" photos to take advantage of the daylight and beautiful, natural scenery at our venue. We also think this will help with the timing of everything since our ceremony and reception are at the same place - and in the same room. I am also excited about just taking it all in and having some alone time with him after he sees me "all dolled up" in my dress! So very excited about this part of our day :)
    Posted by teamdynamite[/QUOTE]

agreed! in speaking to several different photographers, one brought up a great point. everything is so scheduled on that big day, that you hardly even get time to spend with the person your marrying... or your closest friends. we're definitely doing a first look before the ceremony, to hang out... to take advantage of the gorgeous property we're getting married at, and to capture perfect lighting (ceremony is at 6pm!)

i highly suggest it :). no matter what its still gonna be a surprise until that day anyways. might as well get a little more fun time in :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lvsshutterlvsshutter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do a First Look at our wedding, but going back we would definitely do it! We usually recommend or encourage all of our brides to have one in our photography business :) 

Brent 

Live View Studios
    Modern Photography with Fashion Flair

Brent & Anna Deitrich
    Live View Studios
    http://liveviewstudios.com
    Nationally Featured Wedding & Fashion Photographers

Wedding Dates still available for 2012!
    Enter our Free Wedding Giveaway with Heart Love Weddings HERE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a first look and it was the best decision ever!  I had the ceremony, cocktail, and reception back-to-back at the same location.  I really wanted to enjoy all of my wedding and thought the first look was a good idea.  

We still made it incredibly romantic.  I came down a staircase and he was standing at the bottom.  Some of my favorite photos are his expression and kissing at the bottom of the steps.  We then went and took couples photos, bridal photos, bridal party photos and family portraits before the ceremony began.  Everyone looked fresh and the light during the day/scenery was terrific.  

30min before the ceremony, I retired up to the bridal suite so none of my guests would see me.  He still had tears in his eyes when I walked down the aisle. I only took a handful more photos during the cocktail hour.  And... after our ceremony it started raining!  so I think the first look was meant to be! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards