California-San Diego
Options

PHX girl needs help on ceremony/reception suggestions...

Hey Everyone!
I'm a Phoenix girl getting wed in San DIego for a "destination wedding".
I know the area pretty well(Point Loma/La Jolla), but not as much as a local would.
Is there anywhere to have a small unique/quaint ceremony? 
I've been considering "Old Town" (50-100 people)
We will have family coming in from all over, and was hoping for some suggestions
on a reception area as well. 

Our budget isn't huge, but if there's anything out there that's unique and quaint that comes to mind, that would be so very helpful.
It's hard to judge online and visit so many places when your not local.

Any help would be appreciated.
Niki

Re: PHX girl needs help on ceremony/reception suggestions...

• Options
    frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out areas in Balboa Park such as the Prado's Patio, japanese friendship garden, etc.  There are a ton of beautiful places there.

Quail Botanical Gardens in Encinitas is a cool, different place for a wedding

Serra Museum is lovely, also.

Marsden House is a cool old historical place that does ceremonies and receptions...

What kind of feel are you going for?  Maybe I can be a better help if you give me a better idea of what kind of vibe you are hoping to achieve.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Well, we like rustic and vintage kinda things.  We are both musicians and anything with some history or character would be great.  I was checking out the Rancho Bernardo winery which is kind of a good example of what we were thinking.
    I just wish it was closer to the city a bit since we have lot's of travelers and we are very familiar with Point Loma... I am open though to lot's of things, but I do know we are not much into really extravagant over the top places.  A more intimate peaceful place that's hip with character would be our ideal. 

Like I said, we are in Phoenix, so I'm just trying to narrow down some options before visiting.  I'm not really into running around with my head cut off ;p.  I know I could just start picking some that look nice, but I wanted word of mouth from people who have actually seen these places or have suggestions, it would at least help me narrow down some choices and get more of a feel, so when I do check it out, I don't spend $1,000 dollars on gas checking all these places out! :P

Thanks for your replies! Anything is very helpful :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ...and MANY thanks for the suggestions! They have been helpful! :)
  • Options
    MonciaanneMonciaanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you heard about the RB Courtyard?  It is a spanish style business complex that does weddings on the weekends, it is very pretty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't.  I be sure to check that out.  Any place you know of that can hold a reception and overnight accomodations?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at the Rancho Bernardo Inn...it is kind of a hidden spot off the golf course and they have this really cool "house" 3 bedroom, private area that you could reserve to get ready in, I think its called the Castillo suites.
  • Options
    frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding day?
    We just got married at the museum of photographic arts and the exhibit right now is rock n roll photography :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of cute/ rustic wineries in Temecula, just north of San Diego. Casa De Vega in Escondido is super cute too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker " Love for thy love and hand for hand I give" William Shakespeare
    110 Invitedimage 24 Ready to Partyimage 0 Missing Outimage 86 Making Us Waitimage
    RSVP Deadline: 10.06.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
    You all have helped a lot.  I'm just gonna simmer on these options a bit more.
    Thanks so much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No date yet :/  But I just got engaged last month. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_phx-girl-needs-ceremonyreception-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:5b929ac0-f940-4914-a5ff-393659a4ceecPost:98b4ae60-227c-499d-b50a-9cf467227920">Re: PHX girl needs help on ceremony/reception suggestions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are tons of cute/ rustic wineries in Temecula, just north of San Diego. Casa De Vega in Escondido is super cute too.
    Posted by bellashauntee[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Hacienda de Vega? If so, they do have a beautiful patio area.

<a href="http://www.haciendadevega.com/special_events/general_information.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.haciendadevega.com/special_events/general_information.htm</a>
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards