Delaware
Options

Checks!

Tuesday, we did the centerpiece flowers (see post below).

Wednesday, we went and did my hair/MU trial, as well as cut my hair (he cut it to what he needed it to be for the wedding day hair).  I went to Jeremy at Trilogy, and my hair not only looked awesome, but it stayed put until midnight, when I finally pulled the pins out (after falling asleep on it!).  My makeup was okay; if I was normal, and wasn't on meds that made me sweat like crazy, it would have been great.  But I sweat all the foundation off- it literally slid down my face.  So the hunt is on to find something that will stick and not sweat off.

Today, we went to my first alterations fitting with Sophia- she is AWESOME.  Not only did she have my mom sister and I in stitches the entire time because she was just a hoot, but she did a wonderful job on pinning my sleeves (the only thing I needed altered).  She also pinned my bustle, which looked GORGEOUS.  My train is blue, long, and heavy.  I wanted something that would showcase the color without being too flimsy.  She hit it right on the knob; it looked like I had walked out of Victorian times (which fits with the theme of the dress).  She's been in business for 35 years, and I have never heard a bad word about her; I can see why now.  I cannot wait to see what it looks like at the end!

Total side note:  Sophia is from Greece, and when I asked her if she knew FI's best maid, Val (who is Greek as well), she was like, OMG hold on!  Then she brings out this lady who turned out to be Val's nanny when she was little.  Total small world is what DE is.

Re: Checks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I ♥ Trilogy. FI gave me a gift certificate for Valentines day, and I'm slowly using it up. Actually, I just went there to get my hair cut last Friday. About how much did it run you if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to get mine done there.

Oh... did you try bare minerals makeup? I have naturally oily skin and most foundations slide off my face normally. The only kind I can use, especially in the summer, is the bare minerals. There is a new store in the Christiana mall where they'll do your makeup for you... It might be worth trying!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I am going to try it out, thanks.

I know the makeup is 22 for a trial application.  I am not sure for hair.  The pricing is on the website.  I actually didn't pay anything for either, as they comped both hair and MU trials.  They messed up in several ways in the booking process (my ONLY complaint about them; getting ahold of their wedding coordinator was a b!tch and a half; I finally had to go thru the store manager, Erica), and when they finally messed up the like 5th time, I threatened to go to Gloss because I was fed up with everything.  Because I went to Erica and told her why i was upset and what I was going to do, they comped the trials as an apology.

So, I guess my point is don't talk to the wedding coordinator at all as she won't call you back ever; just call in and ask to speak to Erica the manager.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

WoW...sounds like everything is really coming along for you! Go Brit! As for the makeup...try airbrush. I had it for my trial and couldn't believe how light weight and natural it felt on my skin. My cheeks tend to get rosey and I have alot of red acne scars and the airbrush foundation made my skin look flawless with out looking unnatural at all.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would, but I don't know anyone (affordable) around here that does airbrush.  I can't justify spending over $100 on makeup when currently I get it for free (because I have enough girls getting hair done, the brides makeup is free).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards