Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Do the groomsmens' ties have to match their vests?

kaliyan87kaliyan87 member
First Comment
edited February 2014 in Attire & Accessories Forum
I'm having my groomsmen wear light pink ties to match the bridesmaids. Their tux will be a dark charcoal grey. At the shop, my fiance and I preferred the matching light pink vest, but the groomsmen liked the black vest (they didn't have an exact matching charcoal). I honestly think the groomsmen just want to avoid wearing pink regardless of whether it matches or not.

Do the groomsmens' ties have to match their vests?

Re: Do the groomsmens' ties have to match their vests?

• Options
    Neutral different coloured vests:
    imagedark gray with light rose tie
    Pink vest and tie:
    imagegray suits and pink vestsimage

Above are pictures to help you visualize what they might look like in pictures.  No, the vests don't have to match the coloured ties and some people think it looks better when the vest is the colour of the suit itself instead of the colour of the tie.  
  • Options
    Based on the examples, I don't like the 3 color looks... What shade of pink are you doing? I don't blame the guys for not wanting to wear that much pink. You refuse to do black tuxes so you can do black vests and pink ties? I think that would look best. Otherwise it almost looks sloppy to me...
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Tuxedos should be black.  I dislike colored ties and vests, especially PINK!  It is called "black tie" for a reason. JMHO, but I think those models look ridiculous. By the way, the man in the first picture is not wearing a tuxedo.  He is wearing a morning coat.  Sorry to be harsh, but you did ask for opinions.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I think the vests should be black, unless you're going to prom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards