Florida-South Florida

Is a Wedding under $10K even possible in Miami?

My fiancé and I are just beginning the planning process for our February 2015 wedding and I already want to pull my hair out. My parents have given me a strict budget of $10K and I don't even know if thats possible in this city. 

We are probably going to have about 125 people attending our nuptials

Does anyone have any venue suggestions?  I am all for the DIY and I know there are places I am going to have to sacrifice but I don't even know what place would hold us at a reasonable price. 

Thanks for any help!

Re: Is a Wedding under $10K even possible in Miami?

• I'd suggest looking at parks. If you really don't want to get married in a park, there are other probably options (don't limit your search to Miami, look at neighboring cities/towns too), just call around, maybe post on your local board for suggestions (this is an international board so you may have better luck with specific venue suggestions on your local board). 

Cutting down the guest list will also cut down on the expense and opting to DIY invitations/save the dates/centerpieces also saves money most of the time.

The budget can be tough (I have the same budget for a wedding in LA) but it can be done! Don't give up!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You are better off on your local board. Moving this now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That is what my parents are giving us and FI and I are planning to contribute and addition $10-15k of our own.  If you don't think you can do the wedding you want on their contribution alone, I would say thank them for their $10k and start saving to make your own contribution as well to up the budget, even by a few thousand to give yourself some breathing room.
  • bahamabride2015 My and Fi parents helped but in no way would their similar contributions to yours cover our 135 guest list. I would suggest looking into areas in the Ft Lauderdale area that allow you to bring in all your vendors separately, such as Davie Schoolhouse and looking at  Sunday-Friday wedding. Also, brunches or lunch time weddings are a lot cheaper.

imageimage

• I know that is pretty do-able at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale, so it may be so in Miami. If you can head north, the Embassy on 17th street is beautiful, the food is good, and they usually don't break the bank. You may have to DIY decor (not difficult if you use Dollar Tree vases, hydrangeas and baby's breath, candles) and you may have to get a less expensive DJ and photographer. Also do-able in Fort Lauderdale is the Crowne Plaza hotel on State Road 84. Very pretty venue and good food without breaking the bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards