New Jersey

Fire and Oak reception?

Has anyone had a reception at Fire and Oak, the restaurant in Montvale? My fiance and I want a very small, intimate wedding reception and only anticipate about 60 guests to attend.  We've checked out the restaurant and love the ambiance! Just wondering if anyone can offer feedback. 

Re: Fire and Oak reception?

• I'd ask this on your local board, because you're more likely to get useful answers there than there. This is an international board, so most of us will have no experience with restaurants in Montvale.
  • Where the heck is Montvale?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I think it's a town in New Jersey, @CMGragain.
  • edited October 2014
    I work in Montvale, it's at the very tipy top of NJ! I can't really help answer the reception question, but I know there have been some sizable department dinners there that everyone loved!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I also work in Montvale; almost right across the street from there.  I've been there a number of times for lunch.  Can't say how they'd handle a reception.  I don't even know if they have a way to accomodate a dance floor assuming you even want one. 

As a restaurant, the place has a neat trendy vibe, but IMO,that's about it.  The food is average at best and the service can be a little slow.  Candidly, it's one of my least favorite places to go for lunch and I would never have thought of them for a reception.

• Gordo2014 said:

I also work in Montvale; almost right across the street from there.  I've been there a number of times for lunch.  Can't say how they'd handle a reception.  I don't even know if they have a way to accomodate a dance floor assuming you even want one. 

As a restaurant, the place has a neat trendy vibe, but IMO,that's about it.  The food is average at best and the service can be a little slow.  Candidly, it's one of my least favorite places to go for lunch and I would never have thought of them for a reception.

I work basically across the street as well. How coincidental.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards