Chit Chat
Options

Hater's Guide

If you want to read something funny, here's the 2014 Hater's Guide to the Williams-Sonoma Catalog

"Listen, I can't have my apron woven with regular, peasant cotton. I need Jacquard to do it. Jacquard understands what I need from my cotton. There's a little bit of magic in his loom."
I love kitchen gadgetry but this gave me a good chuckle on this slow work day. 
Oh and a wine bottler opener still beats all the stuff on this list.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Hater's Guide

• Options
    Look up the 2013 one, and then read his post, "My kid's insane Christmas wish list."  Dying. 

• Options
    esstee33 said:
    Hahahaha. This is excellent. 

Killing me: "You can't just leave your shiitake log exposed to the elements like that. Your mushroom risotto will end up being 50 percent cat dander that way." 

But also: SON OF A BITCH. I was actually looking for a tree-shaped baking pan for next year. It looks like the snowman is on clearance now, but the tree is gone. :*(

I took some serious smartassery for my holiday bundt pan passion, when that article came out. 

They're on Amazon. The really nice heavy duty tree pans. Half off regular retail.

(I'm kind of ashamed that I know this, and got excited, and that I almost wanted another Nordic Ware holiday frikking pan. Even after Moose just gave me another one for Christmas.)

• Options
    levioosa said:
    Look up the 2013 one, and then read his post, "My kid's insane Christmas wish list."  Dying. 
    OMG the Christmas List is hysterical.

I LIVE for the Haters Guide. It makes Christmas so much better.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am DYING over the Hot Chocolate Pot entry.

"Yes, a hot chocolate pot. Because a fondue pot wasn't quite useless enough. Hey, you know what other kind of pot is good for making hot chocolate? A POT. Like, any regular pot that you already have. I know sometimes it dribbles down the side when you pour the chocolate out, making you want to kill God. But if you use a ladle, you'll be fine."
  • Options
    I was laughing so hard while trying to read it to DH that he could not understand a word I was saying.  He finally had to grab the computer from me to read it himself.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    But I like spoonulas. :(
  • Options

I have 2 that I use all the time when baking bc they're great for scraping batter and icing. But I've never used them in place of a spoon/heard them called "spoonulas."

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I have 2 that I use all the time when baking bc they're great for scraping batter and icing. But I've never used them in place of a spoon/heard them called "spoonulas."
    Agreed, I have spoonful and they are fantastic, but I do not use them in the place of spoons and I have a great love for different sized spatulas in general.

I also love seasonally limited shaped cake pans. I would very much like a snowflake cakelet pan.

And if that hot choclate pot was like, 10 bucks. I'd get it too. I shame Alton Brown, I fucking love uni-taskers in my kitchen.

Anniversary
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    Hahahaha. This is excellent. 

Killing me: "You can't just leave your shiitake log exposed to the elements like that. Your mushroom risotto will end up being 50 percent cat dander that way." 

But also: SON OF A BITCH. I was actually looking for a tree-shaped baking pan for next year. It looks like the snowman is on clearance now, but the tree is gone. :*(

I took some serious smartassery for my holiday bundt pan passion, when that article came out. 

They're on Amazon. The really nice heavy duty tree pans. Half off regular retail.

(I'm kind of ashamed that I know this, and got excited, and that I almost wanted another Nordic Ware holiday frikking pan. Even after Moose just gave me another one for Christmas.)

YOU ARE THE BEST. FI and I decided that our Christmas Eve tradition will be to have taco cornbread casserole for dinner, and thought a tree-shaped pan would be a nice touch. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I just call it "that deep spatula... not the little scrape-y one... the one that's all thick and stuff".
  • Options
    This reminds me of:
    it's my favorite. :)
  • Options
    I read this a few weeks ago and died laughing.
  • Options
    ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I pretty much loved this writer from "standing around piping warm cognac up each other's asses."
    Brilliant. 
  • Options
    He had me at, "As a card-carrying white person, I have once again received this catalog in the mail."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards