Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Anyone been to Appleford Estate in Villanova, PA?

Hi there!  I am an unusual case as I'm trying to book a venue without actually going to it...shocking I know. I live in CA and I want a June date 2016 so I'm on the hunt now for venues near Philadelphia. So far my biggest contender is Appleford Estate in Villanova, PA.

Have you been there? What are the grounds like? Can you see other houses while you're at the venue or is it surrounded by trees? Can you hear the highway or other noise? Were you there for a wedding, how did it all go? The photos are beautiful, I just want first hand accounts! 

Any description would be appreciated!! :0)

Re: Anyone been to Appleford Estate in Villanova, PA?

• Moving to the Philly board
    *********************************************************************************

• Appleford was my first venue choice. When I went to see it in person I was not disappointed. It is beautiful, charming and inviting. It was over a year ago, but as I recall we didn't see any residential property. It is far enough in that you also do not encounter any noise pollution. There are also a few different outdoor areas for ceremony space and photo opps. The only down fall for us, beside the price being a little outside of our budget, was that the outside tented reception area sort of wraps around so that not all of the guests are in view of the dance floor, which is also a little on the smaller side. I absolutely loved it though. I think had it not of been for the price we would have booked it. Sadly, their rental rate doesn't include anything, at least when we checked it out it didn't.

Good luck to you!
  • I attended a wedding at Appleford in May and it was absolutely gorgeous.  It is set way back so you cannot hear any noise from the main road or see any of the houses.  I agree with the last post regarding the view of the dance floor.  I really liked it there though -- it was really a beautiful wedding. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards