Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaids dress dilemma!

Hello,
I would like the bridal party in the same color but my bridal party consists of 6 young ladies with different of different shapes and size and with skin tones and of different tastes. Therefore one same dress on all of them is a bad idea. I would like the same color but they can pick whatever dress they like.  

I did some searching and am having a hard time (outside david's bridal) of finding a classy dress retailer that won't break the bank where I can see/sample a few colors and tell the girls that they can pick absolutely anything in that color. I would like to do research in advance (online if possible before heading to the stores). But ideally I would like the store to be in person - so that they they don't have to worry about ordering online and they can try something on at their leisure. 

Also all the searching online i have to look by the dress then possibly see if it comes in a certain color, which get's frustrating because I don't want to limit anyone by any length or style of dress. I want to say give me everything that is navy blue or hot pink at this store and see it and then say okay this will work. 

Does this exist? 
Any suggestions

Thank you!

Re: Bridesmaids dress dilemma!

• This is posted in the wrong forum, but I'd check out Alfred Angelo and Dessy. Both are available in many colors and syles.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Is there a reason you put this in Invites and Paper? Would you like @MairePoppy to move it to a more appropriate board for you?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I've had a few friends who picked a color and got a fabric swatch or even paint chips from the hardware store and gave them to the girls to find a dress in that shade or close.  Then the girls can find whatever dress fits them best in the color that you want since you don't seem to care to much about style and just want them all to be comfortable. 

@novella1186 didn't you do something like that?

• Casadena said:

I've had a few friends who picked a color and got a fabric swatch or even paint chips from the hardware store and gave them to the girls to find a dress in that shade or close.  Then the girls can find whatever dress fits them best in the color that you want since you don't seem to care to much about style and just want them all to be comfortable. 

@novella1186 didn't you do something like that?

Oh hi! :) 

Yep, I had 5 BMs scattered all over the world (literally-- one was living in Spain, another was in South America for several months, the rest were in the US in various cities). Plus they all had very different body types and very different style. 

I mailed them all paint chips from the hardware store and said "Pick any floor-length dress in any of these shades" (I gave them several shades of pink to choose from). 

They were able to go to any store or website whenever they felt like it, shop in their own budget, and pick a style they liked the best. One girl wore her old prom dress and another girl found a dress on sale for $20. They all picked something amazing and they all looked awesome. 

It took a lot of the stress out of it for all of us. 
  • To be honest, the only one that i know that does exactley what you are looking for is David's Bridal.

• Hello,
    I would like the bridal party in the same color but my bridal party consists of 6 young ladies with different of different shapes and size and with skin tones and of different tastes. Therefore one same dress on all of them is a bad idea. I would like the same color but they can pick whatever dress they like.  

I did some searching and am having a hard time (outside david's bridal) of finding a classy dress retailer that won't break the bank where I can see/sample a few colors and tell the girls that they can pick absolutely anything in that color. I would like to do research in advance (online if possible before heading to the stores). But ideally I would like the store to be in person - so that they they don't have to worry about ordering online and they can try something on at their leisure. 

Also all the searching online i have to look by the dress then possibly see if it comes in a certain color, which get's frustrating because I don't want to limit anyone by any length or style of dress. I want to say give me everything that is navy blue or hot pink at this store and see it and then say okay this will work. 

Does this exist? 
    Any suggestions

Thank you!
    I think paint chips are the way to go.
  • Is there a reason you put this in Invites and Paper? Would you like @MairePoppy to move it to a more appropriate board for you?

Yes please. Apologies for using the wrong forumn.

• Alfred Angelo works well.  My daughter had her three bridesmaids choose dresses in light blue.  They were three slightly different shades of blue, but it looked beautiful.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • tj&cwtj&cw member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    try Azazie.com    I just got my bridesmaids last week and they are great! They custom make the dresses and have tons of colors and styles.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What color/colors are you looking for?

You could always just tell them to buy a black dress and then pull your colors in with the bouquets.

• Have a look at Alfred Angelo or Dessy.  I was in a wedding in June and the bridesmaids were everywhere.  They were ordered from Pearl's Place, saved money and all found a dress to wear.
  • Alfred Sung (Dessy) has many styles of dresses that all come in the same set of colors (depending on fabric). My bridesmaids are ordering from Weddington Way (online authorized Dessy retailer). I picked the color and all 8 of them picked a different dress. They were able to go to bridal salons that carried Alfred Sung to try on different styles if they wanted as well. 
  • I am doing something similar with my girls and we are using Alfred Angelo.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Let me suggest Dessy also.  That was what the bride did in a wedding I was in 2 weeks ago.  The bridesmaids lived all over but Dessy has some thing with matching colors so they all ordered at Pearl's Place and they all seemed happy.  Different styles, but same color.  All matched.
  • I highly recommend Alfred Angelo!! Thats who I am using nd they have so many colors and many styles long and short!! I did the pick your own style as well and this designer worked great! plus they carry them in boutiques and have stores around the country
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards