New York-Long Island

David's Bridal

Does anybody have any reviews in regards to David's Bridal?  Thanks!!

Re: David's Bridal

• edited December 2011
    It really depends on which location you go to since it's a chain store. I have only been to the DB in Long Island City and it was just fine. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. What location were you looking at?
  • edited December 2011
    I am using them for my bridesmaids and matron of honor since half of my wedding party is OOT. In my own experiences, they're GREAT for the WP but I don't like the quality of their wedding dresses.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    I visited the one in Wesbury. My experience at that location is eh....you don't get a lot of individual attention. It was basicly "search for the dress you want" When we first walked in the, the asked to look thru their catalog and pick out three dresses. They have racks and racks of bridal dress but their catalog is about 40 pages which also includes bridesmaids, flower girl etc dresses. We picked three dresses, they brought them to us and we did not see the consultant for a loooooooonnnng time. So we basicly looked for other dresses that we wanted. My advice, do not go during their busy time. You will not get a lot of attention. I also went to the one on 6th avenue in Manhattan around 3pm on a Friday and there was hardly anyone in there. The consultants were very helpful.
  • shortkakeshortkake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't go the the Westbury location even when they're NOT busy. It's basically a free for all. No personal service...well that will be helpful anyway
  • Diana&JoshDiana&Josh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. everyone.  I totally agree about the Westbury one, nobody offers any help at all.  I stopped by the new one in Massapequa and one of the consultants was very friendly and I made an appointment with her for next week during the week.  I can't handle the chaos on a Sat.  I went to Angel Bridals this past week and did not find "the dress," so I am trying to try all different places.  I am also going to Village Bridal next week.  We shall see how it goes! 
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh you're going to love Village Bridal. They are SO nice there!! Check out Paradise Bridal, too. That's where I got my dress from!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that I went to the David's Bridal in Massapequa and had a wonderful experience.  I dealt with the consultant Lee, she was awesome and I recommend her to anybody looking for a wedding dress there.  I actually went there two different times and the second time I was there I found the dress!!  My recommendation to anybody who has not gotten their dress yet is to make sure that it is the dress, you will know it when you put it on.  I will be going back to David's for my bridesmaids as well and will work with Lee.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to the store in Lake Grove and absolutely hated it. Especially when they tell you that basically you are not getting a NEW dress but one that's been tried on by many people. In fact one of my dresses smelled like cigarette smoke! Disgusting! I ended up having my dress made at Solotu Bridal in St James.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry to hear about your experience at the Lake Grove location.  The Massapequa one was awesome though.  They will also order you a new dress if you want.  Mine was brand new!
  • edited December 2011
    So glad to hear you had a good experience there! It's really hit or miss depending on the location! Thanks for the feedback!
  • djl3670djl3670 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just bought my dress from DB, great service at the Westbury location.  I highly recommend Carlotta. 

Has anyone used their photography from the DB Westbury location?  Contemplating booking there, loved the photo books and the price is difficult to resist.  Thoughts?
  • BillianaBilliana member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    DB was announcing BIG sale from today, and I was following what happens. First, they put all their previous sales on regular price for some time, and than get back with "new sale" prices which are the same as the previous sale. 

I was waiting for some dresses to go down but that wont happen. 

Their sale is not a sale!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards