Nevada-Las Vegas

HITCHED! Review time: Church of the West, Bentley & Wilson, BURGR, Helicopter tour

edited October 2016 in Nevada-Las Vegas
We got hitched without a hitch!  I wanted to make sure I shared my day as I appreciated the feedback I read from other brides.

Holiday Inn Desert Club
Hello!  Perfect location (1 block from the High Roller).  Perfect for kids!  All our guests were in the same building so we could easily hang out.  They have pool side BBQ, tables etc which was ideal for a post wedding bevvy with our guests.

Pre Wedding Night
We rented a bus and took the guests to Fremont street.  We ate at the Paradise buffet which is a cheesy, Vegas style joint.  The food was outstanding and I appreciated the time to visit with the guests as the wedding day was so busy.  The bus driver took us on a strip tour and it was a hoot (strobe lights and Grammie! hello lol!)  We got our license that night at 10:30pm!  What a blast to do that at such an obscure time!  (ps. know where your parents were born!  they ask!)
   <--------LOL!

Make Up, Hair, Flowers
I did my girls hair (average price was $100 for a kids updo- I'm too cheap!).  It took about 90 mins but I appreciated the moment to spend with my kids.  My hair is a pixie cut so nothing to style there.  I had my lashes done at home and I am so glad I did!  I needed minimal make up!
I brought feather/bling bouquets and they were WOW!  Gorgeous!  Traveled well...lots of compliments and a fraction of the price of real flowers.  I'd like to sell them if anyone is interested.

Little Church of the West
Adorable!!! I strongly suggest doing a Google street view if location is important to you.  We saw many chapels in sketchy parts of town that I had actually considered as a venue.  I am glad I didn't get married next to the bail bond store!
The chapel is old and very romantic.  They have a gorgeous garden for when the guests are waiting and the grounds are perfect for pictures!  It's right on the strip so be prepared for lots of honking and yahooos when you are outside having pictures done.  
I didn't want hubby to see me prior to the wedding.  That got tricky and definitely wasn't typical!  I had the guests close their eyes while I dashed into the bridal suite. I picked the "Tie The Knot" package for $399.  The ceremony was about 7 mins long but it was exactly what I wanted!  They let us pick our entrance song (going to the chapel & we're... gunnnnna get mar-ar-ar-ied!) and we could have a bridal party walk down the isle.  Make sure you ask when booking as the cheaper packaged don't allow for this.
Photos: they took amazing pictures!  Post wedding they do "get you" with a showing of all your pictures and dangle different levels of packages to purchase.  We caved about bought a CD of the pictures...it wasn't in our budget so add it to yours if you haven't thought of it. You will want it.  
MY FAVORITE part of the Church of the West is they live stream it so people back home can watch the ceremony.  OMG it was so fun to get all the messages after the ceremony!
Link for pictures and video:
http://photos.littlechurchlv.com/OCTOBER-2016/Borne-10916/

Post Church
Todd with Bently & Wilson met us post ceremony in the gardens.  We rented a bus from the chapel so I could get a shot of all the guests at the Vegas sign.  We had a champagne toast while we waited and the tourists were very cool about letting us steal an extra few mins to get our group (30 people) shot.  This will be our Thanks You picture.
We took the guests to BURGR for the reception.  We opted not to have reservations (long story, very expensive) but it worked perfect!  While our guests waited in line, they mingled and had drinks.  We snuck away with Todd for some pics on the strip. We ended up with 3 tables and the servers were excellent about getting us the food bills so we could pay.  Our guests bought their own booze.
I haven't seen our Bently pictures so I can't really review that- as a professional he was awesome!  For our elopement, 3 hours was too long.  I wish I had done 2- especially in hindsight that the Church photos were so great!

5 Star Helicopter Tour
The best part of the day!  It was romantic and just the two of us...  A perfect way to end the day!!!  I bought our package off of Viator, they picked us up at Planet Hollywood (following BURGR) and dropped us off at our hotel following.  I give them 5 stars!  The last flight was at 9, so we were picked up at 7:45pm.  It worked perfect as dinner was done by 7:30.  
  <---- we did a fly by the stratosphere 

Tips:
-It was HOT!  My groom was dying in his jacket and long sleeve shirt.  I suggest a dusk time slot!  We got married at 3:30 and it was definitely not cool!
-Prepared for odds/ends and bring cash and your credit card.  Tipping the bus driver, cash for minister, payment for pictures at the chapel, tipping helicopter tour driver, dinner etc etc.  Lots of extras costs.
-BRING EXTRA SHOES!!!  I was soooo glad I brought flip flops!!!!  My feet were dying in the high heel shoes, especially when Todd had us roaming the strip for the photos.  I cannot stress this tip enough!
-BRING GUM!  I don't know how I missed this...but I felt like I had kleenex in my mouth from all the smiling and such.  Its a busy day and I literally didn't have time to go buy some!
-Bring bandaids or moleskin!  New shoes, lots of walking, little people.  I ended up using them up all on our wedding party!  
-Best tip I received- UBER!  omg I love UBER!   We had such a big party (12 of us stayed a week) that the taxi costs were killing us....Uber is way cheaper....usually by half.  You can download the app and its easy to request a ride.  We didn't wait more than 3 mins for a ride.  Cars are all clean, drivers great...it charges directly to your credit card and gives you an apx price before you commit.  If you pick Uber XL, you can accommodate up to 7 people.  Also they have  a special "black car" option which in hindsight would have been perfect for shuttling guest around on the wedding day.

I think that's it!  
Happy Wedding Bliss guys!  

Re: HITCHED! Review time: Church of the West, Bentley &amp;amp; Wilson, BURGR, Helicopter tour

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards