Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Destination Wedding - Advice for post reception in MN

My fiance and I are planning a destination wedding for close family and friends, but want to do a reception with our large network of loved ones in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. Does anyone have ideas for locations of said reception? We would have about 200 people, and would like to keep it somewhat frugal, while also planning for the changing MN weather. Season of reception is flexible! Thanks, all!  

Re: Destination Wedding - Advice for post reception in MN

• I'm going to move this to the local board so that you get people who may be familiar with local venues. This is an international board. 
    *********************************************************************************

• There are tons of locations for 200 here in the cities - a lot depends on what side of town you want to be and how much you want to spend.  Your idea of "Frugal" could be another person's "Lavish".  Also, it's about what you get for the money, if you don't have to lift a finger you end up saving a lot over places that you need to bring everything in.  

A couple "go-to" starting place ideas...  Stillwater Boat & Packet (boat ride up the St. Croix), Hudson House Inn, Mermaid Event Center, many of the area ski hills and golf courses rent out for events of 200+, Emerald Greens, Little Log House Pioneer Village, St. James in Red Wing, Many of the area Apple Orchards (Afton Apple, Pine Tree Apple Orchard), Many of the KC Halls, Burnsville Community Center, Best Western MOA...  That list should keep you busy for a while.