Wedding Woes
Options

Think it's THURSDAY now

Re: Think it's THURSDAY now

• Options
    Well I thought it was yesterday and I was wrong so I think today is a good bet.
  • Options
    Rainy day today. Hoping we can get out for a walk or two. we've been taking a lot of walks recently with some nice weather so I'll miss it if I can't get out today.

My neck is starting to bother me. Id been getting some treatment starting in Dec which had really been helping. my March session was cancelled and I really needed it then and now I really, really, need it. I'd been good for a while but can feel it getting worse now which then leads to headaches. My chiropractor is opening up as of next week so at least that will be an option
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ouch @kvruns , neck (and back) pain stinks!  Sorry to hear that. 

Cool, rainy, dreary day today too.  And yesterday, and tomorrow.  The kids thankfully adore putting on their rain boots and opening up their umbrellas so we're getting a good walk in each day.  Perfect weather for the chicken tortilla soup I'm making later.  This weekend however is supposed to be sunny and possibly into the 60s so definitely going to the beach again. 
    I ran my first virtual meeting this morning (I'm always just part of the team)...the school district superintendent was part of it...and I feel it went really well, so I think I'm going to toast myself with some sauvignon blanc to go with the soup later :)
  • Options
    I asked DH to tape the Parks & Rec show even though I didn't really watch that much of the series. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2020
    Yup.  Thursday.

i have a BIG FML

went to pick up my walmart grocery yesterday, and accidentally put shelled pistachios on my order for my homemade trail mix instead of deshelled.

Take pity on my poor index finger. 

When and where is this reunion show?!? First I heard of it!

• Options
    It feels like still Weds here. I'm excited that the weekend is near, but feel like I've still got so much to do this week. Yesterday's rain brought some cooler temps (low 60s) here. I'm hoping to get out for a walk after work, but my book club is meeting at 7:30, so I'll have to hurry. 

I had a 30 minute conversation with my "work brother" (I despise the notion of a work husband) this morning. He's usually pretty sensible and even keel, but he's starting to get emotional about being in isolation. I know we've all been going in cycles, but it's something to see someone who is so balanced be shaken. I think that bothered me more than I realized, but I'm glad we're friends and can video chat our work frustrations. 

I'm thinking of inviting DH's sister & family over soon. They live about a hour away, so we see them occasionally, but not since before pandemic. They've both been WFH and haven't been anywhere in weeks, so I'm starting to get closer to feeling safe. I really miss my own family, but with my sister working in the ICU, it just isn't safe. I'm getting to the point where I need some interaction with someone for my own mental health. 
  • Options
    I'm here.  My work computer has been slow and I've got three meetings today. 

I've filed to start leave next week.  We went to see my mom yesterday.  DefConn did well, but it was distressing for him.  Her voice was very thick and funny sounding (like she had marbles in her mouth) because of the drugs.  It definitely worried him.  

The weather is so gross today.  Cold and windy.  I hope this is the last gasp of this crap. 

I've half looked at Prudie, but I'm about to post them here soon.  
  • Options
    @kvruns, I'm glad your chiropractor will be opening back up soon.

Definitely Thurs., lol.  I took a vacation today but, in typical Murphy's Law fashion, my job which almost never has super urgent stuff...had one at 4:40PM yesterday, smh.  So I needed to take about 30 minutes this morning to finish it up.  And THAT'S when it is especially nice to be working from home!  However, since I at least have a reprieve from work paperwork to do, I also have a lot of personal paperwork/tasks online to take care of.  Overall though, it's more relaxing day and I'm enjoying it.  Catching up on my DVR People's Court, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kvruns sorry about your neck pain. My back and hip have gotten worse during this stay at home time. I can't wait to get to the chiropractor and my stretch therapist. I'm worried that something else is going on. Of course, I have been fast walking/running everyday since we've been inside. I normally do the elliptical so my body has taken a lot of impact in the last six weeks. I've started taking Tylenol extended release arthritis formula - perhaps that would help you. I was on something stronger but the NP told me to stop taking it because of my gut problem.

I've been canceling an airline flight for my girls trip that was scheduled for June and following up on insurance claim for our cancelled trip to SC. American Airlines was fine and said voucher for amount of flight - no problem we will be rescheduling our trip. The insurance company on the other hand - nada! All I get is that it has been submitted and they will call if they have questions. That's what they said six weeks ago. I know they are busy but really. We filed pretty early in all of this.

DS2 is staying at least another week because his company is staying closed. I'm so disgusted with states (including my own) that aren't following the government recommendations of a decline in cases for two weeks before starting to reopen. On top of that, Simon Malls says they are reopening this weekend even though my county has extended the stay at home order! Seriously, how do they think they have the right to override the mayor! Going clothing/accessory shopping is the last thing on my list of want to dos right now.  
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 Ahhh so exciting :) How is everything going baby wise in general?

So went into the office to deal with our back room/closed files. Omg so many closed files in 2019 .... my entire body hurts lol
  • Options

DS2 is staying at least another week because his company is staying closed. I'm so disgusted with states (including my own) that aren't following the government recommendations of a decline in cases for two weeks before starting to reopen. On top of that, Simon Malls says they are reopening this weekend even though my county has extended the stay at home order! Seriously, how do they think they have the right to override the mayor! Going clothing/accessory shopping is the last thing on my list of want to dos right now.  
    I thought I read that the Marion County stay at home extension now means those malls have to stay closed? That doesn't help the malls in counties w/o an extended order if the governor doesn't extend it tomorrow statewide
  • Options
    @kvruns, Simon said they are still planning on opening this Saturday. Hogsett said he has a meeting scheduled to talk with them. They have several malls in Marion County, but I don't know about others outside the county. Anyway, I think it is irresponsible of them not matter where the malls are located.

• Options
    @kvruns, I'm glad your chiropractor will be opening back up soon.

Definitely Thurs., lol.  I took a vacation today but, in typical Murphy's Law fashion, my job which almost never has super urgent stuff...had one at 4:40PM yesterday, smh.  So I needed to take about 30 minutes this morning to finish it up.  And THAT'S when it is especially nice to be working from home!  However, since I at least have a reprieve from work paperwork to do, I also have a lot of personal paperwork/tasks online to take care of.  Overall though, it's more relaxing day and I'm enjoying it.  Catching up on my DVR People's Court, lol. 
    Today I made my last Thursday of the month 8:00 call.  It’s set by someone in the East Coast, so 9 for them and in the past I’ve always been late. I can never make it to work by 8. And I live 10 minutes away.  Today I logged on at 7:50 and the notice popped up.
    Making it actually ontime this month?  Who dis?
    I hear ya!  I assume we'll have to start going back into the office in a little over two weeks (May 18th).  One of the biggest things I'll miss is rolling out of bed at 6:50AM, so I can be logged into work at 7AM.  I love so much the extra 45 minutes of sleep I get every day, because I don't have to get more dressed up and don't have to drive to work.

I also haven't been running late anymore, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kvruns, Simon said they are still planning on opening this Saturday. Hogsett said he has a meeting scheduled to talk with them. They have several malls in Marion County, but I don't know about others outside the county. Anyway, I think it is irresponsible of them not matter where the malls are located.

interesting! Hamilton Town Center by me is slated to open and we don't have any county order preventing it. I suppose the only slightly better part about a mall like HTC is that it is outdoor so maybe a little more spread out shoppers. Still not a good idea when you think of people touching/trying on clothes, etc
  • Options
    I have to keep repeating to myself : Jen, you are so lucky to have a job at this time. Jen, you are so lucky to have a job at this time. Jen, you are so lucky to have a job at this time.

Multiple clients, several of whom had not submitted complete information, suddenly need their tax returns complete to apply for PPP loans -- all at the same time.

And I can't say "Your failure to plan ahead does not constitute my emergency" as badly as I want to.

Scarier: Starting next week my bosses want me and my colleagues to work in the office one day a week. This is after the building released a notice that someone in the building tested positive for Covid-19.

That said, I have a full schedule - it's fuller than before the pandemic. I don't have time to be bored! And at least the weather is nice today (it was so ugly out earlier this week).
  • Options
    Just got a bit of good news.  One of my tenants is having her rent paid by a charity.  It's not related to the pandemic, it was happening before that.  They sent me an e-mail over a week ago that her rent would be directly deposited to me last Fri.

When it still wasn't there on Tues., I sent them an e-mail.  Got a reply back on the same day that they would look into it.  Long story short, the payment e-mail I'd received had been an erroneous auto-send because their system had been down for a week and they'd had to re-enter a lot of data, including invoices.  My payment had actually not been sent yet, but it will be and should be hitting my account early next week. 

I never do a full cheer until it is in my hands, lol.  But at least there's an explanation for what happened and what is going on.  I had been assuming something had gone awry somewhere in the direct deposit process.  I'm glad I said something fairly promptly though!  I have a suspicion my invoice was lost.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hubby was seeming down yesterday, and there was an option at work to go home without pay if I wanted, so I took it to try and help him out.  Sent an email to a company in Indiana that had been harassing him for several months about a debt that he got by living in Las Vegas - they had a typo in the email address so they had been pestering the wrong person.  I also went to a physical store for the first time in about six weeks.  It was really weird.  Did the whole lining up, wearing a mask and gloves, all the fun stuff.  Now I have enough meat to last us for a while.  

Work is quiet today.  A position in a different department opened up that I am going to apply to - more work, but better pay.  We'll see how that goes!

• Options
    Jen4948 said:
    I have to keep repeating to myself : Jen, you are so lucky to have a job at this time. Jen, you are so lucky to have a job at this time. Jen, you are so lucky to have a job at this time.

Multiple clients, several of whom had not submitted complete information, suddenly need their tax returns complete to apply for PPP loans -- all at the same time.

And I can't say "Your failure to plan ahead does not constitute my emergency" as badly as I want to.

Scarier: Starting next week my bosses want me and my colleagues to work in the office one day a week. This is after the building released a notice that someone in the building tested positive for Covid-19.

That said, I have a full schedule - it's fuller than before the pandemic. I don't have time to be bored! And at least the weather is nice today (it was so ugly out earlier this week).
    Hello ((waving))!  That was me, lol.  Except, thankfully, I do my own taxes with Turbo Tax.  But that's been a chunk of my weekend, twice.

I've actually come to the conclusion that I don't think I'm going to buy Turbo Tax next year.  It was GREAT for a couple years, especially after I started having rental properties*, because I was clueless, lol.  But I've been through it for enough years now that I know all the specific IRS forms I need to fill out.  I can just download them from the IRS website.  TT saves me a little time, but not much.  Certainly not enough to justify the $90 price tag for the version I need!

*I hate you, Schedule E.  So.Much.

Not related to taxes, but I need to use the same mantra as you @Jen4948.  I know I have a good job.  I know I'm lucky to have it.  But it's back to usually being on the slow side and that drives me nuts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

Hello ((waving))!  That was me, lol.  Except, thankfully, I do my own taxes with Turbo Tax.  But that's been a chunk of my weekend, twice.

I've actually come to the conclusion that I don't think I'm going to buy Turbo Tax next year.  It was GREAT for a couple years, especially after I started having rental properties*, because I was clueless, lol.  But I've been through it for enough years now that I know all the specific IRS forms I need to fill out.  I can just download them from the IRS website.  TT saves me a little time, but not much.  Certainly not enough to justify the $90 price tag for the version I need!

Not related to taxes, but I need to use the same mantra as you @Jen4948.  I know I have a good job.  I know I'm lucky to have it.  But it's back to usually being on the slow side and that drives me nuts.
    Last year when the firm I worked for didn't allow the staff to do their returns using its tax software, I got TurboTax. It was okay, but I definitely prefer being able to do it at my job (off the clock) which I was able to do this year. Whew!

I hope you were able to get a PPP loan! The money ran out so quickly.

At least I finally got some old projects off my plate today. That feels so good.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:

Last year when the firm I worked for didn't allow the staff to do their returns using its tax software, I got TurboTax. It was okay, but I definitely prefer being able to do it at my job (off the clock) which I was able to do this year. Whew!

At least I finally got some old projects off my plate today. That feels so good.
    I missed it the first go-round.  I tried for the second one, but I don't know yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:

I missed it the first go-round.  I tried for the second one, but I don't know yet.
    Best of luck!
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:

Good luck! From a bank perspective we did like 80 times or annual small business loan volume in the 2 weeks it was open.