Texas-Houston

Flowers, food, & music

I just got engaged 3 weeks ago & we are shooting for April 2012 wedding. We have a few appointments for venues, but we are stuck on trying to find reasonable florist, DJ's, & caterers.
We are from the Pearland/Friendswood area so anything around there would be of great help. Our wedding will probably be in the Conroe or Woodlands area, but we plan on picking up the flowers to save on some delivery costs.

Any recommendations would be wonderful! Thanks ladies! Laughing

Re: Flowers, food, & music

• edited December 2011
    We are using Always Florial for our flowers and JPL Entertainment for our DJ.  Sabrina from Always Florial is super easy to work with and will go out of her way to create something you love that is within your budget.  She is located in Spring but since you said you plan on having your event on the North side of town I hope this won't be an issue as she is AWESOME.  JPL Entertainment is also really easy to work with and they provide a very helpful online tool to help you decide how you want your reception to go.  They also ask some personal questions and really try to get to know you so they can add in a few personal touches while DJing for you which I think is really cool.  The venue we are at provides food so I'm not much help there but maybe if you tell me what type of food you're looking for a price range I could make some suggestions.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much. I will look into them.
    I also forgot to mention that we have a $12,000 budget & not a penny more. We are hoping Amber Springs or Crystal Springs will have an opening in April, but we are going to tour them August 21st & then will know for sure if that is where we want to have our wedding. They don't offer anything but the location, tables chairs & linnens.

• lealfrantzlealfrantz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try LZ Floral Design. I thought she was very reasonable. She is on Old Town Spring too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you are not doing a ton of flowers try huibbell and hudson in the woodlands
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Crystal Springs on 4-21-12!!! You're going to love that place! We should keep in touch if you decide to go with them. I think there's an open house on the 21st at Amber Springs that I will be going to.

Last time I looked at Always Floral, her prices went up to almost double what they were just a few weeks ago. I'm looking for a florist myself.

All Star Catering in Willis is AWESOME! Don is so easy to work with and so very kind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mirandaorrmirandaorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at Amber Springs (well next to Amber Springs at their new venue to be called Stonebrook which is being built right now and is supposed to be complete by January) in May 2012! I haven't found florist or DJ yet but am going to the open house on Sunday as well! 

I know that we are looking to have BBQ and there is a Rudy's very close by on I-45. They do $9/plate I believe. Linda at Amber Springs also has a lady that does a lot of catering for reasonable prices. You should definitely go to the open house if you can!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards