New Jersey - South

DiNardo Brothers vs Steve & Company

I'm torn between booking DiNardo Brothers or Steve & Company.  I haven't heard a peep from DiNardo Bros since I met with the one owner.  Steve & Co keeps calling to discuss my wedding plans and setup appointmnet with a recommended DJ.  I;ve heard good things about both entertainers.  Any thoughts?

Re: DiNardo Brothers vs Steve & Company

• shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to use Steve & Company in our October wedding.  They work with our venue a lot, which is what I wanted so that they are familiar with the acoustics.  They seem great with all the pre-wedding stuff so far.  Sorry I'm no help on how they are at the wedding.
    Photobucket
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard both at weddings. You cant go wrong with either company. Dj's have no control over the acoustics in a ballroom, so Shannon's reasoning for picking a company are moot. Ignore her remark about that.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://houston.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_dinardo-brothers-vs-steve-company?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:22b24a4c-e382-456b-a75f-ad7d5072474ePost:77c473d0-98a5-4008-8e6e-3f5b05b686f5">Re: DiNardo Brothers vs Steve & Company</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have heard both at weddings. You cant go wrong with either company. Dj's have no control over the acoustics in a ballroom, so Shannon's reasoning for picking a company are moot. Ignore her remark about that.
    Posted by angel33284[/QUOTE]

I am aware that a DJ can't change acoustics in a room - I never said they could.  I said that I liked that they were familiar with the way things sound in the room.  You don't have to be rude for no reason.
    Photobucket
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_dinardo-brothers-vs-steve-company?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:22b24a4c-e382-456b-a75f-ad7d5072474ePost:52adfb26-2672-468f-a9a4-d125321290a1">Re: DiNardo Brothers vs Steve & Company</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DiNardo Brothers vs Steve & Company : I am aware that a DJ can't change acoustics in a room - I never said they could.  I said that I liked that they were familiar with the way things sound in the room.  You don't have to be rude for no reason.
    Posted by shannon1787[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I wasn't being rude. Just pointing out that you have no idea what you are talking about. This is the problem with the Knot. The girl asked for help and you gave her some nonsense as to why your DJ was better. What information do you have that makes you think your DJ is any more familiar with the room than any other DJ?Why can't you just stick to the facts?</div><div>
    </div><div>Your reply should have gone something like this. "I am using Steve and Company and they have been good to work with so far."</div><div>
    </div><div>Is that so hard?</div><div>
    </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I hear good things about both. I actually would be slightly annoyed if a company kept bothering me. It is one thing to do a follow up.. but to keep calling... that would irk me. But either company is good. I think I heard of DiNardo a little more though but this would not sway my opinion either way. I always say just trust your gut too.
  • jayme707jayme707 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Angel, you are totally out of line... Everyone here is just trying to be as helpful as possible... Feel free to check your your attitude at the door Jojo, I used Dinardo and they were fabulous... I did everything online and didn't speak to my DJ until the week of the wedding and everything turned out perfectly :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Dinardo Bros. for my wedding, and we never actually went to meet with them.  They got back to us right away each time we contacted them.  Out of curiosity, is the owner not returning your calls/emails, or has he just not followed up with you after your meeting?  If he isn't returning calls/emails, I would be a bit turned off, as well.  

Honestly, you can hear all the great things you want about a vendor, but you have to go with the one that gives you the best feeling when you go.  For example, when I met my photographer, I knew right away he was the one.  Same with our venue.  If you're unsure of how you feel about someone, I wouldn't hire them.  Likewise, if you feel sure that a vendor will work well with you, I would go for it.
  • NJ789NJ789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used DiNardo Brothers for our November 2009 wedding and I cannot say enough great things about them.  We met with them and then booked them in the next few days and really didn't hear much from them until it was time for the wedding.  There really wasn't a reason for them to contact us before hand.  The few times I had questions, they got back to me that day or the next.  We used Mike DiNardo (who our photographer had recommended) and are still getting compliments about what a great job he did and he was very nice to deal with, too.  GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Dinardo Brothers for our wedding in October and they have been great to work with. A bunch of my friends weddings that I have been to have used them and they really do a great job. We are using John Dinardo for ours and he has been a real pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend going with them.
    "Came but for friendship and took away love" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A colleague of mine who is also a wedding videographer said anytime he's done a wedding with DiNardo, the guests seem to have a great time. He said they're great at getting the guests dancing - even the older ones. We're likely going to book with them. We have our first meeting tomorrow. We've sent requests for info to Steve and Co but no response.
  • Butterfly219Butterfly219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Steve & Co. The DJ we are using did my FIs Christmas party two years ago and was great!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Steve and Company...ironically, he is Chris DiNardo, the brother!! I read great things about him and met him in person and really liked him alot!! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_dinardo-brothers-vs-steve-company?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:22b24a4c-e382-456b-a75f-ad7d5072474ePost:50d388ad-eb95-46d8-a9db-3cb3f7d7a1ec">Re: DiNardo Brothers vs Steve & Company</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Steve and Company...ironically, he is Chris DiNardo, the brother!! I read great things about him and met him in person and really liked him alot!! 
    Posted by ashbeech[/QUOTE]

That's who we are using too! We also really liked him when we met with him.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards