New Jersey - South
Options

Ceremony & Reception Site for Small Wedding?

[posted on jersey board too]

Hello all! I'm new to the boards.

My fiance and I are looking for a venue that would do our ceremony and reception site in South Jersey or Philly area. We haven't set an offical date; we're looking into August or September 2011. We have an estimate of about 40-50 guests and we have a tight budget. We've contacted a few that we adored & most came back with a minimum of 75-100 people. I'm getting a lil discouraged because the ones that got back to us, we loved.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to hear suggestions for other areas of Jersey too.

Thanks Smile

edit// I forgot to mention that we'd like to be able to dance during our reception, which is something a few places that came back at us that do small weddings don't offer.
 *Also, we're looking for a place that could do both the ceremony & the reception.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony & Reception Site for Small Wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Have you tried the Pennsauken Country Club? That's where my reception is going to be! I absolutely love it (obviously) :)

• Options
    LisaLPharmDLisaLPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Valleybrook in Blackwood? Villari's in Sicklerville? The Whitman Fire Hall in Turnersville is really nice too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
  • Options
    kitten444kitten444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Rat's at the Grounds for Sculpture for my wedding because of that very reason - we have 50 people coming and every place else i looked wanted at least 100 guest --

Their prices are pretty reasonable and the food is great...plus, the Grounds are beautiful !
    - Heather Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 32 guests at Faunbrook B&B in West Chester, PA.  This is a beautiful house and the owners are the nicest people you could ever meet.  There is a patio in the garden that you can use for dancing.

Here's the site if you want to take a look: http://www.faunbrook.com/

Here are a few pics of Faunbrook:

AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    LISAJAY11LISAJAY11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am having my wedding in toms river, nj...at the holiday inn and i am only having about 60 people...  i am also having the ceremony there too.  its very convenient too because it all happens right there in a hotel!   they are having a really great deal right now.. and if you book your wedding there.. if you tell them you were referred by me, you get half off a weddng enhancer of your choice.  So anyway, other things you can do to help keep costs down are have it on a sunday or in the off season  (winter)... happy planning!Laughing So if you are interested in checking out the holiday inn.. email me at mommyofbri@comcast.net and i can give you the contact info!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lenola firehouse in Moorestown is absolutely gorgeous!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    blue heron pines in cologne/egg harbor city is beautiful
    Kerry Anniversary
  • Options
    reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    noyes museum in oceanville is super pretty and i have heard good things about weddings there
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    joday79joday79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Auletto's Caterers in Deptford NJ
  • Options
    rverma060rverma060 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Valenzano Winery in Shamong, NJ. Its a great site- outdoorsy feel on a vineyard. I LOVE IT!

And you get your choice of caterers- and one is LESS than $80 per person and includes everything from cocktail hour to flowers to your wedding cake- AND a DJ!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards